Drug interactions while on a benzo?

[Ho...]

I’m writing an article on common drug interactions while taking a benzo. I’m looking at discussing opioids, fluoroquinolones, PPIs, and SSRIs. If anybody has a story you’d like to share about any of these, please feel free to message me. You must have been on a benzo and another med at the same time and had an interaction between the two. I’m currently tapering Valium and I work in benzo awareness advocacy on my free time.

I have GERD and was prescribed Prilosec twice a day and found out quick that it affects the levels of absorption of my Clonazepam.  The benzo started to build up and I started feeling stoned like I was taking more doses of benzo.  I actually had to skip my night dose the benzo and stop taking the Prilosec after three days.  The Prilosec did make my stomach feel better but I could not compensate the change in absorption with dose adjustments.  So I have to keep my GERD under control with famotidine, which is not as effective, but works with the clonazepam.

• 1 month later...
I  was on Keflex for 7 days  500 mg. 4 times a day now my klonopin and Zoloft seem to have stopped working. I'm so horribly anxious. 2 weeks off Keflex now.

I don't have a story to share but we were just discussing the following article on another thread.  Although there's no mention of benzos specifically, maybe it'll still provide some good material for your piece.

The relevance of cytochrome P450 polymorphism in forensic medicine and akathisia-related violence and suicide

https://www.jflmjournal.org/article/S1752-928X(16)30005-1/fulltext

Thanks for all your hard work, Hope, and I did enjoy listening to you.  You did good!  :thumbsup:

I don't have a story to share but we were just discussing the following article on another thread.  Although there's no mention of benzos specifically, maybe it'll still provide some good material for your piece.

The relevance of cytochrome P450 polymorphism in forensic medicine and akathisia-related violence and suicide

https://www.jflmjournal.org/article/S1752-928X(16)30005-1/fulltext

Thanks for all your hard work, Hope, and I did enjoy listening to you.  You did good!  :thumbsup:

Thank you abcd  :smitten: