Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

One thing I use for sleep is meditation videos on Youtube. Jason Stephenson is my favorite. He has lots and lots of different choices for sleep.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Ive come to the conclusion that these new tevas dont work for me at all.  The clonazepam in them is fine, but there is something else in these pills that is stimulating me for 3 hrs after I take them.  I am only able to get a little sleep between hours 4-6 (I dose every 6 hours).  I only got 2.5 hrs of very poor sleep last night.  I dont think I should stick it out any longer, it literally feels like I drank 5 cups of coffee for the 3 hrs after I take a dose.  Im surprised noone else here seems to have had this issue.  I did notice some people on outside forums mention that these are way too stimulating.  Also, my nose runs like CRAZY for 3 hours after I take these pills.  I went thru 2 boxes of tissues yesterday thinking I had a cold, but now I have found the runny nose is being triggered by these pills.  I dont see this resolving.  I must be badly allergic to something here.

I guess I have no choice but to go back to paying for brand name, nothing else works for me at all.

Jordan, sorry to hear that. I know the brand can be expensive but if it helps you, then I would stick with that.

I think many of us are on .5 mgs which is why we don't have experience with the 1 mg tevas.

Thanks NJ.  I am exhausted, but hopeful about getting back to some normalcy with brand.  I really wanted these to work, cause I started on TEVA originally and they were by far the best for me.  It's too bad about this allergic reaction or whatever has changed about the new ones.

If anyone does try the 1mg's, I would watch out for the warning signs I mentioned and change course asap.

Good morning everyone,

I have switched over 1 and 1/2 mgs of the 2.65mgs that i am on ..I am crushing the .65mgs and taking the whole 1mg whole..i take 1 whole of the old mg..and I have not noticed any side effects so far.. the only reason I havent switched over the other 1mg. is because of everything going on and making sure the pharmacy dont run short...and now they are saying there is a shortage of Zoloft and a lot of pharmacies said it could be a few months before they might be able to get it in.

And since i have extras of the old k when the brand was changed from teva..i am using them up before they expire,,and then will have my new tevas and will continue to switch then..

Is anyone else worried about not being able to get our meds due to everything going on and some places are closing and saying they will not open back up due to the dangers of the rioters..I am worried because at the dose of 2.65 mgs i would have to taper that in 12 months and thats a quick taper to say the least.

Hope everyone gets switched over and everyone is well and staying safe and sound and being careful when they are out.

Hugs to all

deep

Good morning everyone,

I have switched over 1 and 1/2 mgs of the 2.65mgs that i am on ..I am crushing the .65mgs and taking the whole 1mg whole..i take 1 whole of the old mg..and I have not noticed any side effects so far.. the only reason I havent switched over the other 1mg. is because of everything going on and making sure the pharmacy dont run short...and now they are saying there is a shortage of Zoloft and a lot of pharmacies said it could be a few months before they might be able to get it in.

And since i have extras of the old k when the brand was changed from teva..i am using them up before they expire,,and then will have my new tevas and will continue to switch then..

Is anyone else worried about not being able to get our meds due to everything going on and some places are closing and saying they will not open back up due to the dangers of the rioters..I am worried because at the dose of 2.65 mgs i would have to taper that in 12 months and thats a quick taper to say the least.

Hope everyone gets switched over and everyone is well and staying safe and sound and being careful when they are out.

Hugs to all

deep

Deep,

I am not concerned, but we have not had any riots (just peaceful protests) anywhere near where I live, in suburbs of New York City. Good luck to you.

Deep, I try not to worry about pill shortages, I think the pharma lines will keep running.  Just a few drug shortages from what I read, but no benzo's or psych meds mentioned that I saw.  Fingers crossed.

If I shut off the internet and tv, and just look at my town, not much has really changed in the 40 years since I moved here.  Maybe Im lucky.  It puts things in perspective for me to focus locally, and forget about national or world news.  I feel like the information age is trying to drive us crazy, not interested anymore.

Well Im switched back to brand from Teva for a couple days and I am back to normal.  I slept 8 (broken as always) hours last night.  And I had a pretty decent day today. 

Jodan,

Glad you got sleep. I am sorry you have to stick with the more expensive brand but sleep is priceless!

Greetings, all. An FYI re: drug shortages ...

In the US, the FDA maintains a database of drug shortages and discontinuations (see link below).  According to that database, as of 17June2020, the following drugs are currently in shortage:

Lorazepam Injection, USP (a benzodiazepine)

Midazolam Injection, USP (a benzodiazepine)

Sertraline Hydrochloride Tablets, USP (an antidepressant)

Sertraline Hydrochloride Oral Solution, USP (an antidepressant)

Points to bear in mind:

(1) A shortage does not mean the drug is not available at all.  You can learn more about what is/is not available from specific manufacturers via the FDA database.

(2) Pharmacies use different drug distributors.  If a drug is not available from one pharmacy, try calling a pharmacy that uses a different distributor.  In the US, top drug distributors include AmerisourceBergen, Cardinal Health, and McKesson.

FDA Drug Shortages

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/drugshortages

NJ, thank you.  Yeah it felt amazing to get some sleep again! I hate the cost of brand but at this point it is literally the only K left that works right for me.  How bad is this situation?  I really need to start tapering and put this crap in my rear view mirror for good.  Hope you are doing well.

• 1 month later...

Good morning,

And thank you for all the responses on drug shortages and your thoughts on it.

I am on teva now and i didnt notice any difference in the switch back to the new teva after the old teva then actavis and now the new teva..that i am thankful for.

So I made a decision last week after a long discussion with my husband and then my best friend..and I have decided to try my dry micro taper once again..so I got with Jeff and he helped me with the math which i am very grateful for. So yesterday I made my first .001gm cut after holding for like 3yrs..and my mind messed with me all day..minds can be a terrible thing sometimes..But it will not beat me..

I have enough things in my life to stay busy and distract..my best friend will keep my motivated to walk 2 miles everyday and then i have things to do with our company..and I am learning how to can and also store foods in mylar bags..also going to the range and practicing. So my days are full..so now just have to make sure i get enough fluids and electrolytes so my heart doesnt get SVT things going with this taper..

But I am scared to try again and I figure it will take me like 5 yrs to get off..i cant except that its 2.66mgs of k..that sounds like a really long time to say the least..but i know slow wins the race.

well better run for now will be around on the boards a lot more now and will be checking this thread also.

Hang in there everyone

hugs

deep

Good morning,

I am on teva now and i didnt notice any difference in the switch back to the new teva after the old teva then actavis and now the new teva..that i am thankful for.

So I made a decision last week after a long discussion with my husband and then my best friend..and I have decided to try my dry micro taper once again..so I got with Jeff and he helped me with the math which i am very grateful for. So yesterday I made my first .001gm cut after holding for like 3yrs..and my mind messed with me all day..minds can be a terrible thing sometimes..But it will not beat me..

I have enough things in my life to stay busy and distract..my best friend will keep my motivated to walk 2 miles everyday and then i have things to do with our company..and I am learning how to can and also store foods in mylar bags..also going to the range and practicing. So my days are full..so now just have to make sure i get enough fluids and electrolytes so my heart doesnt get SVT things going with this taper..

But I am scared to try again and I figure it will take me like 5 yrs to get off..i cant except that its 2.66mgs of k..that sounds like a really long time to say the least..but i know slow wins the race.

well better run for now will be around on the boards a lot more now and will be checking this thread also.

Hang in there everyone

hugs

deep

Good luck deep. I am sure if you go slow enough you will do well. I know when I start cutting again (I am nearing the 2 year mark on my hold and won't cut again until my youngest if off at college next August) it will be very very slow. Glad the new teva is working for you.

Good morning,

Hang in there everyone

hugs

deep

Good luck deep. I am sure if you go slow enough you will do well. I know when I start cutting again (I am nearing the 2 year mark on my hold and won't cut again until my youngest if off at college next August) it will be very very slow. Glad the new teva is working for you.

Thank you..and the holds are really hard when your wanting to get off but so needed sometimes and mine was 3 yrs...And glad you are waiting until your youngest is out of college I am sure that will be easier for you. I just hate the thought that at this rate will take me 5 yrs i will be almost 67 yrs old..guess thats why after i got my health back i was just going to take it the rest of my life an enjoy my life..but even tho so many say there won't be a shortage or no benzos here in the states i don't think we can be totally sure of that. But i can honestly say if i knew 100 percent that i could live a long life and be on them i would not be trying again. But I know I want to get lower than 2.66 mgs of k just in case cause that would be a ride i would not want to take if i couldnt get it.

Hang in there with your hold and keep in touch

hugs

deep

Deep,

My concern with staying on is the ability to keep getting it prescribed. My psychiatrist is older and I am not sure what his plans are for retiring. My primary does know how bad it got for me when I was trying to taper so I think she would prescribe but eventually we will be moving somewhere out of the area so it's hard to know. My son has had a lot of health issues the last two years (diagnosed with Crohn's, so he will face this forever), but he is finally mostly stable, at least this week. I had to be strong to get through this which is why I updosed and am now holding. I do hope I can start to chip away next September but time will tell how that works. I already feel like I am on a roller coaster ride considering how far away some of his first choice colleges are. But one day at a time. I know you have been through a lot so please take care of yourself.

• 1 month later...

Hey all! I’m going to bump this a bit.

I’m having bad issues with generic Valium and thinking I may have to switch to brand. It’s my only option at this point so I can get lower before I jump.

Besides cost, how have you all adjusted on brand and did it help?

*Add- I know this is for K or clonazepam but just figured it could be similar as far as brand/generic.

TIA

PP :smitten:

Hey all! I’m going to bump this a bit.

I’m having bad issues with generic Valium and thinking I may have to switch to brand. It’s my only option at this point so I can get lower before I jump.

Besides cost, how have you all adjusted on brand and did it help?

*Add- I know this is for K or clonazepam but just figured it could be similar as far as brand/generic.

TIA

Most of us here had been on a generic and then had problems when it was discontinued (recently came back again). I had no problem switching to brand, and then back to the generic .5 teva klonopin when it came back.

• 2 weeks later...

PP,

I hope your switch went ok.  I switched to brand K from Mylan when Mylan was discontinued. That was 16 months ago.

It’s great Teva came back for those who were on it.

Best,

Sun

PP,

I hope your switch went ok.  I switched to brand K from Mylan when Mylan was discontinued. That was 16 months ago.

It’s great Teva came back for those who were on it.

Best,

Sun

Thank you Sun!

I’ve been gradually adding brand to my daily dose. Tomorrow I will be starting half brand and half old Mylan. It was a bit sedating at first but I think I’m getting used to it.

I hope you’re doing ok with the switch.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the new Teva 2mg K? My CNS got destabilized due to a lot of stress this summer.

My 92 year old Mom had to have 2 major abdominal surgeries. She was in the hospital a week and then I took care of her for 17 days 24/7. I was tapering at the time, on hold, but continued as I took care of her. I should have realized, but it was so intense. I was taking my old Teva at the time and I did sleep well when I did get to sleep. I was exhausted and after getting home I got a UTI which was cultured. Had to take Amoxicillin and Augmentin which are GABA antagonists. A week after finishing the Augmentin I had insomnia, anxiety, muscle pain and twitching, tinnitus and other withdrawal symptoms. I believe the stress and antibiotics did a number on my brain.

I tried the Brand of which I have been taking at night. I did up dose also. It is very short acting, unlike the old Teva. I had to add a dose in the am also. I have a lot of new Teva 2mg and feel like I should try to get adjusted to that. I need to quit changing the brands and messing my brain up more. I am sure I need to give it more time. Any advise would be appreciated. I was doing great until May, when my Mom got sick.

Thanks and God Bless,

Dana

Hello, Dana.  Good to see you on the boards again.  I’m so sorry to learn about your Mom’s health issues and the stress you’ve been under.  Caregiving can be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting.

I don’t recall any members posting to this thread about experiences with the 2mg Teva clonazepam.  But, as you’ve probably read, several members have switched to the 0.5mg Tevas with no issues and one member switched to the 1mg Tevas (she had a little trouble at first but then things settled down). I have taken both brand Klonopin and the Teva generic clonazepam and did not notice a difference between the two.

For what it’s worth, I’ve included the ingredients for the brand vs Teva 2mg tablets below.  The Tevas use a different form of lactose and have one additional ingredient — povidone K90 — when compared to brand. (I’m not a pharmaceutical scientist but, based on what I’ve read, the povidone K90 may be serving as a binder in this particular formulation.)

If you do decide to switch manufacturers, might I suggest that you (1) make the switch gradually (if possible), (2) refrain from making other changes at the same time (e.g. reducing your dose), and (3) give yourself a week or so to gauge how you react to the change in manufacturers.

Klonopin 2mg, manufactured by Genentech

clonazepam (UNII: 5PE9FDE8GB)

lactose, unspecified form (UNII: J2B2A4N98G)

magnesium stearate (UNII: 70097M6I30)

microcrystalline cellulose (UNII: OP1R32D61U)

starch, corn (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)

Clonazepam 2 mg, manufactured by Teva

clonazepam (UNII: 5PE9FDE8GB)

starch, corn (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)

lactose monohydrate (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)

magnesium stearate (UNII: 70097M6I30)

microcrystalline cellulose (UNII: OP1R32D61U)

povidone K90 (UNII: RDH86HJV5Z)

Thanks Libertas, It is good to hear from you. I have had a crazy year and hopefully I can take some time for me. I don't mean to sound selfish, but it has really done a number on my CNS. Yes, caregiving is so draining. I felt the stress was almost too much to bear. Being a nurse sure helped and I would do anything for her. She is getting dementia and I believe that is the worst and most exhausting. I am 66 and it gets a lot harder as we get older. She is doing great now, physically. She will be 93 in January. I am the sick one now.

I have scoured this board for days looking for people on 2mg Teva, similar experiences etc.

I was taking my old Teva and trying to use it up before doing a major switch. It was working fine, even though it is about 5-6 years old, until after I finished my antibiotics. All heck broke loose a week after I finished them. It took me awhile to realize that was the true culprit. Yes, the stress was intense, but the drugs destabilized my CNS. Insult to injury. I have always had a setback while taking antibiotics since my C/T, reinstatement and tapering. I am very sensitive.

Anyway, I had some Brand Roche K and I decided to take that as I figured it would be stronger and it was newer. It is so short acting for me. I must be a very fast metabolizer. The old Teva always lasted a long time and I just dosed in the PM. Now I am dosing morning and evening. I am actually doing the new in the morning and will see how it goes. It is a small dose. My larger dose is at night with the Brand Roche 2.5mg. I used to sleep 8-10 hours on the old 2mg Teva. Now, I may get 6 hours at best.

I am planning to gradually switch over to the new Teva at night. I will lower the Brand and up the Teva. I do know that many have done well with the .5mg. The 1mg which I did try did not work. Within 5 days I was heading downhill. I can't go there. I have to function and want to function.

I am Praying that 2mg will work and if not, I will just have to adjust to the Brand. I realize I have not given it enough time. I finished the antibiotic at the very end of July and started with symptoms in August.

I did look up the ingredients on both and found the same, as you did. Thank you for taking the time to look it up. Can't imagine why the Brand would shorter acting.

I do appreciate your response and I will stay with the up dose and do a slow transition if possible. I have to stabilize and I know I will.

My CNS is not happy, but I know with time and Faith, that this will pass. One day at a time.

God Bless,

Dana

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I haven’t been on for a while bc I’ve been doing well on 1.25mg new Tevas. Since covid I’ve been working from home and felt a bit too ‘drugged’ on the 1.25 tevas so 2.5 weeks ago went down to 1mg tevas.

First 2 weeks were fine-mild headache and some difficulty sleeping. Now I’m sleeping fine with no headache but my anxiety has definitely increased, a bit of brain fog and I can feel that my CNS is overstimulated.

How long does it take the body to readjust after a downward titration? I really want to stay on the 1mg but I feel awful and am so bad at tolerating anxiety. Thanks to all.

• 3 weeks later...

bbmom,

I just sent an email to Teva calling for an investigation. This not only affects clonazepam users, but can affect Teva diazepam user and generic Librium users as well.

This business is declining rapidly in value for possible business reason (that I will not mention) or just because their restructuring of the company is not going well.

But that email says it all. I want to stay on one generic, but it seems that is becoming very difficult.

But I will get the truth out of Teva, no matter what.

Hi, I have been searching to find if there has been a change in Teva diazepam (the one sold in the US). Have felt like CT withdrawal, and it seems like it does not work. I am having trouble reading in the state I am in, but I came across this post.

Does anyone know if Teva changed their diazepam as well?

I saw this article saying that Teva sold their diazepam formula to Mayne Pharma in 2016, but Mayne Pharma's pills say manufactured by Watson and say Dan on the imprint:

https://drugstorenews.com/pharmacy/mayne-pharma-closes-acquisition-teva-allergan-products

OK, just read Teva bought Watson, so I guess Mayne really is another Teva formula? I'm not sure where the title DAN on the pill comes from though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone that was one the old Teva .5s then switched to something else (Solco for me), switchback to the new Teva .5mg & do ok? Especially if you were on solco when you crossed back to Teva, but all experiences welcome. Thanks

Scaredie