Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group

[Sc...]

Thank you so much for your good wishes, Dehytq2!  I’m sorry to learn about your muscle pain but delighted to learn that your other Sx from the switch have subsided.  My experience is that, given clonazepam’s relatively long-half life, it can take a while for our bodies to adjust to changes.

Based on what I’ve read here and elsewhere, I wonder if the first “wave” of 1mg tablets may have been manufactured someplace other than Israel?  According to the drug label at DailyMed, 1mg tablets with the NDC of 0093-0833 are manufactured in Israel for Teva USA.  Here’s the description:

Clonazepam tablets USP 1 mg are available as mottled green, round, flat beveled, single-scored tablets debossed "833" above the scored line and "TEVA" on the unscored side. Packaged in bottles of 100 (NDC 0093-0833-01) with a child-resistant closure, in bottles of 500 (NDC 0093-0833-05) and 1000 (NDC 0093-0833-10).

I bolded “single-scored” because, again based on what I’ve read, the first “wave” of 1mg tablets were not scored.

[/quote\

Hi Libertas,

You are right. The 1mg Teva that I got a month ago are not scored. I had my Dr write for 2mg which I had been taking anyway.I will pick them up tomorrow.  I can still titrate that with no problem. The 1mg were made in both Israel and the Czech Rebublic. I spoke with a rep in early Oct and she told me that they were manufactured in both places. I hope the 2mg are scored, but if not, no big deal. I just want consistency. I agree it will take time to adjust.  :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [In...]

• [Du...]

• [NJ...]

• [Li...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the additional info, Dana! That’s interesting they were running two different manufacturing lines in two different countries.

Dehytq2: Can you find the NDC number for the tablets you have (it might be on you pill bottle label or you can ask your pharmacy)?  You can use the NDC to look up more information about your tablets, including ingredients at DailyMed. Here’s the URL:

https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed

Hi All- my understanding is that the new 1mg unscored Tevas have the ndc of:00093-3212-05 (500 count) and 00093-3212-01 (100 count). These NDCs are listed on Tevas website. The previously posted NDCs—what do they pertain to?

Hi All- my understanding is that the new 1mg unscored Tevas have the ndc of:00093-3212-05 (500 count) and 00093-3212-01 (100 count). These NDCs are listed on Tevas website. The previously posted NDCs—what do they pertain to?

There appear to be two different versions of the 1mg Teva tablets.  NDC 0093-3212 are the unscored ones, manufactured in the Czech Republic.  NDC 0093-0833 are the scored ones, manufactured in Israel.  Based on what Dana shared, it appears Teva was (and may still be) running two different manufacturing lines for the 1mg tablets. Details below.

Teva 1mg Unscored

Clonazepam tablets USP 1 mg are available as mottled green, round, flat beveled tablets. Debossed with "833" on one side and debossed with "TEVA" on the other side. Packaged in bottles of 100 (NDC 0093-3212-01) with a child-resistant closure, in bottles of 500 (NDC 0093-3212-05) and 1000 (NDC 0093-3212-10).

Manufactured In Czech Republic By:

Teva Czech Industries, s.r.o.

Opava-Komarov, Czech Republic

Manufactured For:

Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.

North Wales, PA 19454

Ingredients:

CLONAZEPAM (UNII: 5PE9FDE8GB)

STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)  

LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)  

MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)  

MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)  

POVIDONE K90 (UNII: RDH86HJV5Z)  

D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G)  

FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)

Rev. W 2/2018

Teva 1mg Scored

Clonazepam tablets USP 1 mg are available as mottled green, round, flat beveled, single-scored tablets debossed "833" above the scored line and "TEVA" on the unscored side. Packaged in bottles of 100 (NDC 0093-0833-01) with a child-resistant closure, in bottles of 500 (NDC 0093-0833-05) and 1000 (NDC 0093-0833-10).

Manufactured In Israel By:

Teva Pharmaceutical Ind. Ltd. 

Jerusalem, 9777402, Israel

Manufactured For:

Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc. 

North Wales, PA 19454

Ingredients:

CLONAZEPAM (UNII: 5PE9FDE8GB) (CLONAZEPAM - UNII:5PE9FDE8GB)

STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)  

LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)  

MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)  

MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)  

POVIDONE K90 (UNII: RDH86HJV5Z)  

D&C YELLOW NO. 10 (UNII: 35SW5USQ3G)  

FD&C BLUE NO. 1 (UNII: H3R47K3TBD)

Rev. V 10/2017

Thanks Liberatas!

I have the unscored. What makes us sensitve the ingredients or the active ingredients. Just curiuos what you think. These are sooo different from yellow 1 mg activis. I do thing the teva may be stronget. I dont feel as anxious and trembling. Was an adkustment tho. Probably 3 weeks for me. Just have to get rid of the muscle and tingling. Ugh

Hearing from you lifts my spirits, nolongeranxiousbut. Thank you so much for the good wishes. 

I am cautiously optimistic.  The following post from Breck135 is encouraging.

I hope all continues to go well for you post-taper.

Originally my .5 mg clono tabs were pinkish, Activas/Teva (written on label).  Recently the pharm gave me  .5 tabs which are yellow, stamped "Teva".  Now, after taking these "newer" yellow tabs....... I'm not noticing a difference.  Personally I find the  yellow Teva tabs are easier to cut as they lay flatter.

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but my pharmacy looked at their website and mentioned there was one picture that showed them scored and they were in a different sized bottle. They ordered them for me and warned that they still might be unscored and when they got them in they were unscored. It made me think that they had an old or erroneous photo up. Someone in this thread said that some of the 1 mg were made in Israel like the old ones. I hope we get clarity around whether there are some exact same ones being made in Israel.

hi Libertas, the escitalopram taper is going exceedingly well... been doing 11 day drops of 1 mg... just went down to 6 mg Saturday morning. Feeling great. I'm still thankful every day that my stomach pain stopped getting off the clonazepam. 

Not sure if this is helpful or not, but my pharmacy looked at their website and mentioned there was one picture that showed them scored and they were in a different sized bottle. They ordered them for me and warned that they still might be unscored and when they got them in they were unscored. It made me think that they had an old or erroneous photo up. Someone in this thread said that some of the 1 mg were made in Israel like the old ones. I hope we get clarity around whether there are some exact same ones being made in Israel.

I spoke with a Teva rep in early Oct. She stated that the 1mg were made in both Israel and the Czech Republic. The .5mg are made in Israel. The 2mg are made in the Czech Republic. The pictures on online are those of the old and the new. Hopefully Teva will update their site.

I tried the 1mg and they put to sleep, but I woke up about 2 hours later and had trouble sleeping the whole night. Just tried the 2mg and the same thing. I suppose it will take some adjustment to get used to them. I will say that they are not exactly like the old formulation. It is frustrating, but what can one do? I am going to stay positive and believe that with time the brain will adapt to the different formulation.

hi Libertas, the escitalopram taper is going exceedingly well... been doing 11 day drops of 1 mg... just went down to 6 mg Saturday morning. Feeling great. I'm still thankful every day that my stomach pain stopped getting off the clonazepam.

Oh, nolongeranxiousbut, this is excellent news!  I am delighted to learn that your escitalopram taper is going well and that the stomach pain has ended (what a relief that must be).  Libertas

I called a Teva rep again this morning. The 1mg and 2mg are NOT scored and won't be. The .5mg is scored. He could not give me an explanation for why they have done this. My 2mg were never flat and beveled. They just need to update their site so everyone does not get confused.

I read on another forum that one person who got .5 of "new" Teva from his pharmacy said that he had the pharmacist check the bottle and the .5 was made in the Czech Republic as well (like the 1 mg). How is everyone feeling on the new .5 Teva if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!

I'm still taking the new Teva .5s and have noticed no difference in symptoms.  I hope this helps, and am wishing everyone the very best with all the recent changes! :)

I'm still taking the new Teva .5s and have noticed no difference in symptoms.  I hope this helps, and am wishing everyone the very best with all the recent changes! :)

Hi GumbyGirl,

Thanks for this update! How long have you been on the new Teva? Glad you’re not feeling bad from it. I’m hypermobile and have wondered about EDS for me and my son.

Hi GumbyGirl,

Thanks for this update! How long have you been on the new Teva? Glad you’re not feeling bad from it. I’m hypermobile and have wondered about EDS for me and my son.

And actually, I sent back through the posts and saw that it’s been almost a month for you? That’s awesome! If you responded to me earlier, sorry I didn’t see it.

Sorry to everyone for any repeats and/or not responding back! This forum is super confusing to me plus I’ve been in panic mode since Friday. I do plan to give back and be supportive, it’s just so hard when I’m panicking.

Thanks so much!

Hey everyone,

I recently found out my pharmacy would no longer have access to Actavis. Having been through hell and back with what felt like a sugar pill with Accord and Solco, I was happy to find out they had access to Teva.

I think I started with Teva early in my benzo journey but now I find out the formula is different!

For reference, my NDC is 0093-3212.

I'm pretty sure these are the new Teva's.

It sounds like everyone is different and some people really disliked Actavis. Is it possible the new Teva's will work for me? Are the inactive ingredients similar?

Never had a problem on Mylan, Sandoz or Actavis. Felt like full w/d with Accord and Solco.

Hi LoveLove9,

Nice to hear from you- sorry to hear that you and your son might have EDS.  Have you tried to find a decent geneticist who specializes in EDS yet?

I've been on the new Teva .5 for over a month; yesterday, I started Liquid Titration (to test my reaction to liquid dosing for part of my daily dose.) 

So far, so good- I'm wishing you and everyone the very best.  It's a relief to find a fellow EDSer on Benzobuddies! :smitten:

Greetings fellow members of the “The Manufacturer of My Generic Clonazepam Has Changed” group. I promised I would share my experiences with the “new” 0.5mg clonazepam tablets manufactured by Teva.  I have only taken them for a few days but (knock on wood) have not experienced any issues thus far.  The NDC of the tablets I am taking is: “0093-0832-05.” 

Greetings fellow members of the “The Manufacturer of My Generic Clonazepam Has Changed” group. I promised I would share my experiences with the “new” 0.5mg clonazepam tablets manufactured by Teva.  I have only taken them for a few days but (knock on wood) have not experienced any issues thus far.  The NDC of the tablets I am taking is: “0093-0832-05.”

Great news! I know I need to switch in January due to insurance not covering brand anymore. I am apprehensive but considering how much anxiety I normally have about things really doing well just not thinking about it until it happens!

Hi Libartas...what brand were you taking before? I was on Teva first 2 years, then went to Sandoz which was a non-event switch....but the  Klonopin I switched to last spring has been a challenge....would love to go back to Teva but have heard a lot of mixed stuff...like the 1mg are made overseas and the .5 are made here and look like the old ones? I am so afraid to make another change and then it gets taken away again...

Hello, ddjohn3.  I hear you about being apprehensive to make a change!  I’ve been through so many changes with generics, I switched to brand Klonopin from Genentech/Roche.  I was doing OK on it (well, as OK as one can do during a taper).  Unfortunately, like NJStrength, my insurance is changing as of Jan. 2020.  The cost of brand will be outrageous, so I decided I had to at least give the “new” 0.5mg Tevas a try (either that or take out a loan to pay for brand :laugh:) What generic are you taking now? Libertas

This is copy/paste from the Withdrawal Support board.

I know most people in this group have had issues when Teva clonazepam was discontinued.  I’m sure you’re aware it’s back on the shelves in most areas.

My problem is the opposite.  I’ve been on Actavis manufacturer for the majority of my taper. That changed with my last refill.  Teva was dispensed.  I thought I would post here for more support/ideas/solutions.  Please read below:  Thanks!

Something is making me terribly ill.  I’ve not had the best taper with constant nausea but this is different. 

More than two weeks ago my script for clonazepam 0.5 mg changed manufacturers from Actavis to Teva.  I know there’s an entire thread/group dedicated to this but I’m putting it on this board. I don’t think the manufacturer has changed on me before...maybe once?  I really don’t remember but I know it wasn’t this bad.

My taper hasn’t been all that aggressive. I’ve even held about a week before/ after surgery about 10 days ago and now back on a hold for whatever THIS is. 

I have been so nauseated it’s intolerable at this point. It’s gotten progressively worse.  I take my last of three equal doses at about midnight.  I’m am awakened at 3 or 4 o’clock every morning with severe nausea, anxiety and crazy looping thoughts. So intense and NOTHING helps. The nausea lasts the entire day only slightly better by early evening. I’ve been taking Zofran, hydroxyzine, Pepto, Tums, DGL, Pepcid...you name it.  I’ve tried it.  Oh...today is day 48 since I stopped alprazolam but I really don’t think that’s relevant.

Why it’s so bad after the midnight dose I don’t know.  There shouldn’t be inter dose withdrawal within 3 to 4 hours but that’s exactly what it is.  Withdrawal.

The pharmacy no longer stocks Actavis.  I can’t afford brand Klonopin.

Is it a matter of time before I get acclimated to Teva and settle down? 

What’s your experience been with manufacturer changes?

I’m desperate.

SG

💜