Author Topic: Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group  (Read 39905 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2018, 10:51:30 pm »
I switched from teva to accord and was doing awful it was a nightmare. But been on actavis now for about 6 days and doing a lot better.....Iím not 100% better but the brain zaps are finally gone which is the worst for me. So I would say if anyone struggled with accord, actavis is def worth trying. I got my actavis from CVS. Hope everyone on teva, mylan, and Sandoz finds a new generic that works for them. accord was so bad Iím going to contact FDA and file a complaint..... impossible to cut the pills their so soft they just crumble, and dissolve in your mouth as soon as it hits your tongue.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 11:00:42 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2018, 10:57:35 pm »
I do believe in the theory that your body needs time to adjust to a new generic. Cross tapering would be the smartest route to go with switching generics. But I am at such a low dose (.125) that it was impossible to cross taper.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2018, 11:29:01 pm »
Dub,

Thanks for your reply. I took Actavis from the start and did way better on it than on Sandoz. Iím on Sandoz right now, and I think that for me going back on it has seriously affected my CNS as Iíve mentioned.

Iíve tried to stay with the two that I have used in hopes that my brain would recognize them and be compatible. I just got that email for brand K from Genentech, but they mention no prices whatsoever as I had requested. Just say to have the pharmacy contact them.

I feel like Iím going to have trouble with my voice now even if I can go back on Actavis. But maybe other things I am experiencing will not be a problem. I seem to have a very clear day on Sandoz with very or no throat tightening, and the next day is a nightmare of confusion, a strangling feeling, and pain all over. The idea of having to take Accord just kind of terrifies me. But that strangling feeling is the worst. I just hope I donít get with Actavis now. Itís a w/d sx from Sandoz I believe as I started to taper from Sandoz after holding for adjustment. I had thought it was more a side effect, and would be relieved when I started tapering. It could be both, but the holding part never was as awful as this taper.

Well, letís see if anyone else posts now. I do wonder if Clonazepam is only going to be available from limited companies now. Kind of scary when you consider how many docs prescribe it and how many people are already on it. I have to wait till @ the 12 of July to get a new fill as I filled with Sandoz last month as I had no choice. It was either accord or Teva; both which Iíve never taken before. My pharmacy has been ordering it for me. I sure hope I can get the Actavis again there. I can also try another CVS. There all over the place here.

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 12:19:25 am »
Hi all,

Iím going to my monthly doc appt tomorrow and will be asking him to file and appeal with my insurance company so that they will cover brand name K.  Iím hoping so and if it is a possibility, Ií[...] let you know.  If only actual Klonopin were more affordable for us...  fingers crossed.

Prayers for all of you having trouble with switching generics.  Iím not there yet, as I have some TEVA left.  But once thatís out, I only have Mylan. 

Peace and Healing to you all.

Love,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2018, 03:21:30 am »
I just posted in the KK#2 group about this.

I was able to get brand name Klonopin, as my insurance covered it.  It cost me $50 for 120 .5mg tablets (2-month supply).  My doctor had to write ďDAW1Ē on the prescription, meaning Dispense As Written. 

Another option is to inform your pharmacist that you have adverse reactions to the generics.  Ask how much brand name Klonopin will cost.  They will then appeal to the insurance company.   If you do not have insurance, then find out full price in your area/pharmacy. 

Hope this helps somehow!  I know many of you are struggling with generics since the discontinuation of TEVA.  Wishing you all the best of luck with this!  Really hoping you can all get brand name, as itís seems like the best quality we can get. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2018, 09:32:29 pm »
I saw this last night while watching tv. It is very unsettling with all this brouhaha caused by the Teva discontinuations and substitution with Actavis.

I called the FDA earlier this morning because I wanted to learn to navigate the site itself and see all these discontinuations for myself. There doesnít seem to be a lot of options when you call them for that kind of general information so in order to get a live person on the phone, I had to go to the last option which was speak to a pharmacist. So this was in Silver Springs, Maryland, but that pharmacist was very difficult to understand because she spoke with a very pronounced foreign accent.

She herself had tremendous difficulty with the website herself, had trouble seeing any discontinuations at all, and it ended being a pretty much worthless call to have made.

I do have insurance myself for medications, but for the branded benzos, none of those benzos by brand are covered. So I would have to appeal this for an exception, and Iím fairly sure that my pharmacy and the others here wonít do it. I do think that will be left to my doctor, so I will discuss this with him when I see him on July 12th. I looked at the formulary book and it appears to be a rather ďtrickyĒ process, but my doc probably gets this a lot.

I am having adverse effects from this Sandoz Clonazepam (that horrendous strangling feeling), but Iím pretty sure itís related to all the switching back and forth Iíve been forced to do. And if an appeal doesnít work out, I might be able to pay for the brand name klonopin myself. At this point Iím not sure any other generic or brand name will change anything for me. Too much sensitivity of my CNS.

I had 2 pretty good days where the strangling feeling was gone, but itís back today, maybe not as bad as it has been which is good, but Iím now at day 17 of a liquid taper with a tiny reduction, and Iím holding the same reduction where it was on day 1. So Iím just going to tough this out and see if those receptors that control whatís called ďBrocas brainĒ fully upregulate. Iím grateful that my doc is so supportive of me.

And [...], thank you for all youíve done yourself.

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2018, 05:15:23 pm »
I don't believe this at all but my latest from the Teva folk.
I also believe (and what I was told multiple times over the phone except the last time) is that once the Teva that's out
there is gone, it's gone.

On Jun 22, 2018, at 2:11 PM, TevaCS <TevaCS.TevaCS@tevapharm.com> wrote:

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service.  We are unable to predict the discontinuation of a product. At this time Teva Clonazepam 1mg Tablets are active and available.  I hope this information has been helpful in addressing your concerns.

and when I asked specifically if they were still manufacturing it

On Jun 25, 2018, at 2:01 PM, TevaCS <TevaCS.TevaCS@tevapharm.com> wrote:

Thank you for contacting Teva Pharmaceuticals Customer Service Department. At this time Teva Clonazepam 1mg Tablets are active and available.  This states that the product is still being manufactured.

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2018, 05:22:07 pm »
Well thatís very strange and conflicting to what we thought.  Letís hope this remains true so those taking TEVA can continue. 

Thank you [...] and NoLongerAnxious for all the work youíve done with this. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2018, 06:49:21 pm »
Well, and so the story goes on and on and on and on ....

I am going to email and call again to get to the bottom of this. Whether I get the real Klonopin brand from Genentech or not is not my issue at the moment.

I want the truth from Teva, and I will get it.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2018, 06:58:04 pm »
[...], I admire your ability and determination in this matter.  Thank you for all youíre doing, itís helping everyone with the TEVA scare.