Author Topic: Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group  (Read 38347 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Teva Clonazepam Discontinued Group
« Reply #1590 on: September 08, 2020, 12:16:19 pm »
Hey all! Iím going to bump this a bit.
Iím having bad issues with generic Valium and thinking I may have to switch to brand. Itís my only option at this point so I can get lower before I jump.

Besides cost, how have you all adjusted on brand and did it help?

*Add- I know this is for K or clonazepam but just figured it could be similar as far as brand/generic.
TIA
[...] :smitten:

Most of us here had been on a generic and then had problems when it was discontinued (recently came back again). I had no problem switching to brand, and then back to the generic .5 teva klonopin when it came back.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1591 on: September 08, 2020, 05:05:06 pm »
Ok thanks[...]! I think Iíve developed a lil PTSD with these crap pills that Iím nervous to try anything else.

[...] ;)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1592 on: September 19, 2020, 06:36:00 pm »
[...],

I hope your switch went ok.  I switched to brand K from Mylan when Mylan was discontinued. That was 16 months ago.

Itís great Teva came back for those who were on it.

Best,
Sun

[Buddie]

« Reply #1593 on: September 20, 2020, 02:14:20 pm »
[...],

I hope your switch went ok.  I switched to brand K from Mylan when Mylan was discontinued. That was 16 months ago.

Itís great Teva came back for those who were on it.

Best,
Sun

Thank you Sun!
Iíve been gradually adding brand to my daily dose. Tomorrow I will be starting half brand and half old Mylan. It was a bit sedating at first but I think Iím getting used to it.
I hope youíre doing ok with the switch.

[...] :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #1594 on: October 14, 2020, 04:11:52 pm »
Has anyone tried the new Teva 2mg K? My CNS got destabilized due to a lot of stress this summer.
My 92 year old [...] had to have 2 major abdominal surgeries. She was in the hospital a week and then I took care of her for 17 days 24/7. I was tapering at the time, on hold, but continued as I took care of her. I should have realized, but it was so intense. I was taking my old Teva at the time and I did sleep well when I did get to sleep. I was exhausted and after getting home I got a UTI which was cultured. Had to take Amoxicillin and Augmentin which are GABA antagonists. A week after finishing the Augmentin I had insomnia, anxiety, muscle pain and twitching, tinnitus and other withdrawal symptoms. I believe the stress and antibiotics did a number on my brain.
I tried the Brand of which I have been taking at night. I did up dose also. It is very short acting, unlike the old Teva. I had to add a dose in the am also. I have a lot of new Teva 2mg and feel like I should try to get adjusted to that. I need to quit changing the brands and messing my brain up more. I am sure I need to give it more time. Any advise would be appreciated. I was doing great until May, when my [...] got sick.
Thanks and God Bless,

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1595 on: October 16, 2020, 01:08:16 am »
Hello, [...].  Good to see you on the boards again.  Iím so sorry to learn about your [...]ís health issues and the stress youíve been under.  Caregiving can be physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausting.

I donít recall any members posting to this thread about experiences with the 2mg Teva clonazepam.  But, as youíve probably read, several members have switched to the 0.5mg Tevas with no issues and one member switched to the 1mg Tevas (she had a little trouble at first but then things settled down). I have taken both brand Klonopin and the Teva generic clonazepam and did not notice a difference between the two.

For what itís worth, Iíve included the ingredients for the brand vs Teva 2mg tablets below.  The Tevas use a different form of lactose and have one additional ingredient ó povidone K90 ó when compared to brand. (Iím not a pharmaceutical scientist but, based on what Iíve read, the povidone K90 may be serving as a binder in this particular formulation.)

If you do decide to switch manufacturers, might I suggest that you (1) make the switch gradually (if possible), (2) refrain from making other changes at the same time (e.g. reducing your dose), and (3) give yourself a week or so to gauge how you react to the change in manufacturers.

Klonopin 2mg, manufactured by Genentech
clonazepam (UNII: 5PE9FDE8GB)
lactose, unspecified form (UNII: J2B2A4N98G)   
magnesium stearate (UNII: 70097M6I30)   
microcrystalline cellulose (UNII: OP1R32D61U)   
starch, corn (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)

Clonazepam 2 mg, manufactured by Teva
clonazepam (UNII: 5PE9FDE8GB)
starch, corn (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)   
lactose monohydrate (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)   
magnesium stearate (UNII: 70097M6I30)   
microcrystalline cellulose (UNII: OP1R32D61U)   
povidone K90 (UNII: RDH86HJV5Z)

« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:13:24 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #1596 on: October 16, 2020, 03:02:10 am »
Thanks [...], It is good to hear from you. I have had a crazy year and hopefully I can take some time for me. I don't mean to sound selfish, but it has really done a number on my CNS. Yes, caregiving is so draining. I felt the stress was almost too much to bear. Being a nurse sure helped and I would do anything for her. She is getting dementia and I believe that is the worst and most exhausting. I am 66 and it gets a lot harder as we get older. She is doing great now, physically. She will be 93 in January. I am the sick one now.
I have scoured this board for days looking for people on 2mg Teva, similar experiences etc.
I was taking my old Teva and trying to use it up before doing a major switch. It was working fine, even though it is about 5-6 years old, until after I finished my antibiotics. All heck broke loose a week after I finished them. It took me awhile to realize that was the true culprit. Yes, the stress was intense, but the drugs destabilized my CNS. Insult to injury. I have always had a setback while taking antibiotics since my C/T, reinstatement and tapering. I am very sensitive.
Anyway, I had some Brand Roche K and I decided to take that as I figured it would be stronger and it was newer. It is so short acting for me. I must be a very fast metabolizer. The old Teva always lasted a long time and I just dosed in the PM. Now I am dosing morning and evening. I am actually doing the new in the morning and will see how it goes. It is a small dose. My larger dose is at night with the Brand Roche 2.5mg. I used to sleep 8-10 hours on the old 2mg Teva. Now, I may get 6 hours at best.
I am planning to gradually switch over to the new Teva at night. I will lower the Brand and up the Teva. I do know that many have done well with the .5mg. The 1mg which I did try did not work. Within 5 days I was heading downhill. I can't go there. I have to function and want to function.
I am Praying that 2mg will work and if not, I will just have to adjust to the Brand. I realize I have not given it enough time. I finished the antibiotic at the very end of July and started with symptoms in August.
I did look up the ingredients on both and found the same, as you did. Thank you for taking the time to look it up. Can't imagine why the Brand would shorter acting.
I do appreciate your response and I will stay with the up dose and do a slow transition if possible. I have to stabilize and I know I will.
My CNS is not happy, but I know with time and Faith, that this will pass. One day at a time.

God Bless,
[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1597 on: November 05, 2020, 08:59:04 pm »
Hi All, I havenít been on for a while bc Iíve been doing well on 1.25mg new Tevas. Since covid Iíve been working from home and felt a bit too Ďdruggedí on the 1.25 tevas so 2.5 weeks ago went down to 1mg tevas.

First 2 weeks were fine-mild headache and some difficulty sleeping. Now Iím sleeping fine with no headache but my anxiety has definitely increased, a bit of brain fog and I can feel that my CNS is overstimulated.

How long does it take the body to readjust after a downward titration? I really want to stay on the 1mg but I feel awful and am so bad at tolerating anxiety. Thanks to all.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1598 on: November 26, 2020, 05:09:12 am »
bbmom,

I just sent an email to Teva calling for an investigation. This not only affects clonazepam users, but can affect Teva diazepam user and generic Librium users as well.

This business is declining rapidly in value for possible business reason (that I will not mention) or just because their restructuring of the company is not going well.

But that email says it all. I want to stay on one generic, but it seems that is becoming very difficult.

But I will get the truth out of Teva, no matter what.

Hi, I have been searching to find if there has been a change in Teva diazepam (the one sold in the US). Have felt like CT withdrawal, and it seems like it does not work. I am having trouble reading in the state I am in, but I came across this post.

Does anyone know if Teva changed their diazepam as well?

I saw this article saying that Teva sold their diazepam formula to Mayne Pharma in 2016, but Mayne Pharma's pills say manufactured by Watson and say Dan on the imprint:

https://drugstorenews.com/pharmacy/mayne-pharma-closes-acquisition-teva-allergan-products

OK, just read Teva bought Watson, so I guess Mayne really is another Teva formula? I'm not sure where the title DAN on the pill comes from though.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 06:52:41 am by [Buddie] »