Is this withdrawl or mirtazapine side effects? ANYONE????

[St...]

Mirtazapine affected me like an antihistamine - drowsy feeling with major hangover the next day, and this was at super low doses.

I'm feeling like I have a really bad flu the next day. I've taken it since April 2, and wonder if I should start getting off of it. I just don't know how. I'm really worried because I'm laying here all night and not sleeping at all. I really need some encouragement. I feel like I can't keep doing this.

I'm feeling like I have a really bad flu the next day. I've taken it since April 2, and wonder if I should start getting off of it. I just don't know how. I'm really worried because I'm laying here all night and not sleeping at all. I really need some encouragement. I feel like I can't keep doing this.

I've never taken it, but if it's not helping, yes, slowly start getting off it.  take a little less every night or every other night.  You've only been on it 2 months.  Don't let a Dr switch you to another med too quickly, let that get out of your body.  I hope u feel better soon Stacy :smitten:

Thanks..I really can't tell if it's helping or not. Im full nights sometimes but I don't know if it's the mirtazapine doing it. I can't figure out if im having bad withdrawl symptoms or if it's side effects. I just feel awful.

Thanks..I really can't tell if it's helping or not. Im full nights sometimes but I don't know if it's the mirtazapine doing it. I can't figure out if im having bad withdrawl symptoms or if it's side effects. I just feel awful.

We're u feeling this way before the mirth?

I was prescribed that nasty drug for withdrawl also, I ate like a cow and slept like crazy but it wasn't natural and I felt like I was getting worse. I just stopped taking it last week, I had little withdrawal from it, couple of panic attacks and anxiety, easy compared to benzos.

I was prescribed that nasty drug for withdrawl also, I ate like a cow and slept like crazy but it wasn't natural and I felt like I was getting worse. I just stopped taking it last week, I had little withdrawal from it, couple of panic attacks and anxiety, easy compared to benzos.

I think I'm going to cut the pill down to 1.75 tonight. I'm not really sleeping very well on anything. I didn't  sleep at all last night but still afraid to not take it because I'm afraid I won't sleep even as much as I am.

Stacey,

I would not take... look at my .sig.

I got headaches and bouncy feeling on it, halos around lights, double vision, raging tinnatus....... and off I was bedridden with acute GI probs for starters.

This triggered benzo withdrawal, possibly, which I did not have AT ALL before mirtaz.

;(

Stacey,

I would not take... look at my .sig.

I got headaches and bouncy feeling on it, halos around lights, double vision, raging tinnatus....... and off I was bedridden with acute GI probs for starters.

This triggered benzo withdrawal, possibly, which I did not have AT ALL before mirtaz.

;(

Very interesting.  I first got insomnia one week after my first cut from mirtazapine from 30 to 26 (with goal of going to 15).    I had already been tapering of valium with no problems for a month before then, so i think it may have triggered it in me also.

Since then,  ive held the mirt and continued the valium taper. 

How did mirtazapine make you feel when you took it? I'm only taking 3.5 mg.

Like I told you before Stacey I had to get off Mirt. I was so depressed, hungover and unable to get out of bed that I couldn't function at all! I was NON FUNCTIONING! For me... I can't live like that and I would NEVER take that drug ever again! Worse experience on meds that I have ever had. I weaned myself off in about two weeks.  Had some side effects from weaning but started feeling better immediately. I took Mirtazapine for about four months at 7.5 mg daily.

Well, I took a 1.75 last night and slept most of the night from 10-8. I woke up a few times. I'm gonna take the 1.75 for another week or so then stop I think.

Probably smart what you are doing.

I was not in withdrawal til the mirtaz and figured that is what it was and flew off it (not even thinking it could wreck me in 6 wks). 

I suppose I would have gone into benzo withdrawal anyhow (I was on like 1/6 mg clonaz at the time)... but sure appeared to be cause and effect.

But I will never know.

• 2 months later...