I can't bear this depression much longer

[...]

I'm going to try to see a psychiatrist and review my options. I'm nearly a month from jumping and the depression is too much of a burden. I honestly don't know how such short usage resulted in such catastrophic consequences. I miss who I was just six weeks ago and it depresses me beyond belief. Between the sleep deprivation, haunted memories of my medical challenge 10 years ago, and the chemically-induced depression from W/D, I seriously need help. I feel mentally ill. I have had several breakdowns over the past week and I can't live like this.

Rko, hang in there, I too am suffering depression like I didn't know existed in this life. Let me assure you that it is part of withdrawl. My psychiatric told me depression is not part of benzo withdrawl, I laughed at him. Be careful about what you put in your body. PM me if you wanna chat.

I would go on anti-depressants, but they all caused cervical dystonia in me (the very reason I was put on Klonopin to begin with).  I've noticed that the more sleep I get, the less depressed I am.

I would go on anti-depressants, but they all caused cervical dystonia in me (the very reason I was put on Klonopin to begin with).  I've noticed that the more sleep I get, the less depressed I am.

More sleep helps me too, fishingguy.  Also been using an Alpha-Stim daily and MegaFood brand B complex vitamins (food based and easy on the stomach and third party tested for purity).  Have no idea if there is a direct connection with Alpha-Stim and B complex supplements, just sharing.

Correction:  2nd party tested I meant to write above, not third party (NSF seal of approval on supplement bottle).

I'm going to try to see a psychiatrist and review my options. I'm nearly a month from jumping and the depression is too much of a burden. I honestly don't know how such short usage resulted in such catastrophic consequences. I miss who I was just six weeks ago and it depresses me beyond belief. Between the sleep deprivation, haunted memories of my medical challenge 10 years ago, and the chemically-induced depression from W/D, I seriously need help. I feel mentally ill. I have had several breakdowns over the past week and I can't live like this.

Really sorry it's so extreme. But that's my story as well - I've already the propensity toward depression - so for some of us, the depression is the dominant symptom and just an abject nightmare. Dearest hopes towards your soonest recovery. 

Catt words it so eloquently as he always does.  I've had so many symptoms during this ordeal, but THIS benzo related depression is so dark (the darkest IMO).  What I wrote above has to do with the fact it's finally starting to lift again for me.  Just clarifying because I've been making writing errors lately.  Wishing you the best with sincere empathy as well, RKO. 

Catt words it so eloquently as he always does.  I've had so many symptoms during this ordeal, but THIS benzo related depression is so dark (the darkest IMO).  What I wrote above has to do with the fact it's finally starting to lift again for me.  Just clarifying because I've been making writing errors lately.  Wishing you the best with sincere empathy as well, RKO.

Thanks, Rx

Same here... Deepest depression anyone could imagine. Laying in bed too cofused from the benzo to even think my way out of it. Not being fully awake is when its the worst.

Anxiety in spinning in my stomach over past medical issues too. I feel weighted down unable to rise above this .just hoping it is a wave.

I would give it more time and not add another med after such a short period of time because it can mess up the brain again. You wouldn't know if the new med causes your problem or wd. And the circle continues.

I was severely depressed on meds. They made me so depressed and other things.. they told me, oh, then take this one. Or this. And Add this. And so on.

In wd I was depressed. After I was depressed. Then it stopped.

I am now in a real trouble, no money, no job, boyfriend broke up, no new apartment, dog is dying, severely sick (not bento-related), no future in sight - and I am not depressed. I am sad, okey, I am in despair, but my brain is not depressed.

What I want to tell you is, - benzos mess up your brain and in withdrawal it feels like depression will never leave again, but it does.

Maybe either get behavioral therapy or try other strategies than a new med. And don't mind if the doc tells you its not bento-related. Totally normal :laugh:

I understand where RKO is coming from. The depression has been the scariest symptom since quitting klonopin. I'm three months off and still feeling it quite often. I have been depressed before by life circumstances, but this is so different. It is very dark. There is no rhyme or reason to why I'm depressed but withdrawal and it stinks. This discussion is actually helpful. I was on the medication for such a short period of time as well.