Hypnic jerks

[Su...]

So, I can not sleep. I am plagued by hypnic jerks. How long can this go on? I am going into my 6th month. I am becoming so so sleep deprived. I can’t function. Does this ever end. Am I another hopeless sleepless Ativan victim? How long can you go with 2-3 hours sleep?

Everytime I am jerked awake it brings in a panic attack. I hate this. I don’t know how much longer I can take this. How long?? A year?? 2 years?? Does it ever end. Where are all those members who encouraged me act 2, 3, 4 months to hold course and not reinstate as sleep was right around the corner? What now? I feel as if I am dying every single day.

Does anyone else feel like this? When you can’t sleep but your body is collapsing and you feel a feeling like your life force is draining out of you? Does anyone know what I’m talking about?

Am I just doomed from having the bad luck of being put on Ativan? It seems everyone having such extreme insomnia issues has been an Ativan user. I’m very close to making some really bad choices. This is really beyond what a human is capable of handling.

God, I NEVER had a problem sleeping before in my life. Then I stop this drug and BAM that is the last day I ever slept. 6 months ago. December 18th. the last Ativan.  Acute hit January 10th and I have not slept since. Why God? Why?

Hold on and you will turn a corner soon. Everyone ahead of us has and so can you.

Preachergirl...you are so kind. Everyone else has finished with hypnic jerks. Mine just keep getting worse. And anytime I find something that helps, it stops working after a couple days.

I am at my wits end preachergirl..,my wits end. I have decided to stop eating, I want to end this. I can’t hold on any longer. Maybe my heart will just go...no sleep, no food, no water. It’s gotta give out in a week or so right?

This is just too much too long. I don’t have any the strength left to keep going. Too much pain. Too much pain.

• 4 weeks later...
I developed hypnic jerks when I jumped about eight months ago. Like you it interrupted my sleep and I was exhausted and concerned. Fortunately they disappeared two months ago....and I hope for good! Now I am battling the worst symptoms of my ordeal, GI issues. The hypnic jerks were a picnic in comparison to what I am going through. I hope it will also pass. Yours will pass also, be patient, they are not dangerous.