Don't give up...you will get better

[My...]

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've been benzo free for over 4 years and I'd say I'm 97% WD symptom free.  It is possible. I wasn't sure this last go around. I now know I do not have another WD in me.  I have energy, work is good, relationships are good, I do not think about WD symptoms anymore (I DO have continuous ringing still but I don't care anymore). Once in a great while I will have a very subtle wave of that particular anxiety but it is so much better than it was.

I never thought I'd get to this place. I was sure I broke my nervous system this time for good!  I thought many times I cannot push through it. My second time around through WD took FOREVER. There is no easy way.  Just know that eventually you will get there.  I am very grateful for this support community. Most people still have no clue about benzo WD.  LITERALLY hell on earth. I don't ever want to forget. I cannot do it again. I do not have a third WD in me. 

Reach out, vent, cry, and find someone who has gone through it.  You don't have to do it alone.  You will make it. It just takes time. Eat right.  Gradually build up an exercise program.  Stay away from caffeine and antibiotics (if you can! Unless you need em!  AB that is!).  Oh and find a good doctor.

Don't give up. I can enjoy life again. I'm not obsessed with my symptoms.  Life is in no way easy but it is finally benzo free and WD FREE! (including the want and need to take them!)

Withdrawal will end and you can be bezno free.  Thank you for being there benzo buddies!

I am so incredibly happy for you, congratulations on being healed and happy!! This withdrawal is no joke, it tests us in so so many ways, enjoy your new healthy and happy life

Congratulations to you!!!

Thank you so much for coming back to post this message to our members who are still going through the withdrawal and/or recovery process.

Many of us had periods of doubt about healing, but patience and acceptance will help us get to the place of wellness.

Enjoy your benzo free life! Yes, life today might not be easy but being benzo free and healed is pretty amazing.

pianogirl  :smitten:

You mention continuous ringing.  I'm assuming you are talking about tinnitus.  I hear continuous buzzing.  It has been 27 months since I jumped.  I'm so afraid this will never go away.  It is driving me crazy!  It doesn't seem to be getting any better, so I have lost hope.  :'(

Thank you for posting this. Im struggling to believe ill ever heal. This helps. 97 percent sounds amazing to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone help me? I really feel like giving up.. I was on valium for 10 plus years. My Dr. switched me to Klonopin.. No tapper. I am off valium since March. Lately I have the worse muscle spasms and popping sensations in my muscles all day. Sometimes very painful. When will these go away? Any suggestions what can ease them up a bit? going out of my mind....

[21...]

Can anyone help me? I really feel like giving up.. I was on valium for 10 plus years. My Dr. switched me to Klonopin.. No tapper. I am off valium since March. Lately I have the worse muscle spasms and popping sensations in my muscles all day. Sometimes very painful. When will these go away? Any suggestions what can ease them up a bit? going out of my mind....

You're now taking klonopin?  How much?  How much valium were you taking?  You might want to start your own thread to discuss your situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thank you so much for your uplifting post! And congratulations to you! The fact that you had to go through withdrawal multiple times makes your Success Story all the more powerful. It attests to the amazing healing powers of the body. For those of us here in the trenches for a long time, it's great to hear of a positive outcome after a long recovery.

All the best to you!  :thumbsup:

It's been awhile since I've posted. I've been benzo free for over 4 years and I'd say I'm 97% WD symptom free.  It is possible. I wasn't sure this last go around. I now know I do not have another WD in me.  I have energy, work is good, relationships are good, I do not think about WD symptoms anymore (I DO have continuous ringing still but I don't care anymore). Once in a great while I will have a very subtle wave of that particular anxiety but it is so much better than it was.

I never thought I'd get to this place. I was sure I broke my nervous system this time for good!  I thought many times I cannot push through it. My second time around through WD took FOREVER. There is no easy way.  Just know that eventually you will get there.  I am very grateful for this support community. Most people still have no clue about benzo WD.  LITERALLY hell on earth. I don't ever want to forget. I cannot do it again. I do not have a third WD in me. 

Reach out, vent, cry, and find someone who has gone through it.  You don't have to do it alone.  You will make it. It just takes time. Eat right.  Gradually build up an exercise program.  Stay away from caffeine and antibiotics (if you can! Unless you need em!  AB that is!).  Oh and find a good doctor.

Don't give up. I can enjoy life again. I'm not obsessed with my symptoms.  Life is in no way easy but it is finally benzo free and WD FREE! (including the want and need to take them!)

Withdrawal will end and you can be bezno free.  Thank you for being there benzo buddies!

How long did your withdrawal last? I know you said that it's been 4 years since you first withdrew, but when did things start becoming more manageable for you?