From 60 to 0. Completely healed!!!

[BJ...]

On June 8, 2014, I jumped off the benzo train and have never looked back.  From 3 mg Xanax over a period of just a few months, to a nightmare hell train that featured a forever taper from 60 mg diazepam to nothing.  Then two full years of healing....  The ride was certainly bumpy with plentiful swerves along the way, but in the end I got to where I wanted to be.  For many, many days I thought I'd never get to the place where I could be ME again, but like so many who doubt this whole brain healing process---whose stories I read over countless times---the end of the journey turned out just perfectly fine.  My career has taken off and I am now preparing to buy my dream house.  I'm doing great, actually!

The last time I posted here was in 2016 prior to today, but from time to time since I would think of this site and how much it helped me, usually while at work plodding along, and would make a mental note to get around soon to posting my success story here just because it is so important to many people who are struggling like I did.  I would stop short, though, usually because of life, but primarily due just to wanting to make sure that I was 100% healed, so I never went through.  I seldom encountered stories of people coming off such a high dosage, but knew it was possible.  Well, it is possible because I am living proof.

The reality is I've been completely healed well since 2016.  I still have anxiety, but it's regular anxiety that is perfectly well managed.  I sleep and eat well (whatever I want) without any symptoms.  If you read my blog, you will see how nightmarish my situation was.  There were days where I struggled so badly that I would be the one case that never healed.  Baylissa Frederick's Recovery and Renewal book played out just as my healing journey did, just in my own way.  It was and is one of the best resources for what we have and are going through out there.  I highly encourage those still recovering to read it.

Anyhow, I have very little else to say other than I am so grateful a resource such as this site exists.  It was an absolute Godsend when I came across it.  The people and support are tremendous.  I wish you all sincerely the best and just know that you will eventually get there.  Before you know it, you'll be four years past your jump not realizing how quickly time has passed.

Fantastic to read, BJ, I remember you well from the Jumpers group and have thought of you many a time!  :highfive:

Wondering about your muscle issues, may I ask how you're doing in that regard?

All the best to you, and thank you so much for taking the time to come back.

:smitten:

All that is gone away for the most part.  Occasionally I have a PT friend help me out, but for now I do whatever I want to do physically with no limitations.

Hooray to healing!  Thanks so much for coming back to offer hope to us.

Just curious how your healing played out.  Did you have windows and waves until the end,  or more of a gradual revovery? 

Thanks, and all the best to you  :smitten:

WR

Thank you so much for coming back and posting these words of hope for our members. You took the time out of your busy benzo free life to do this and it is much appreciated.  Continue to enjoy life and wellness!!!

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hooray to healing!  Thanks so much for coming back to offer hope to us.

Just curious how your healing played out.  Did you have windows and waves until the end,  or more of a gradual revovery? 

Thanks, and all the best to you  :smitten:

WR

Thanks all for the kind replies.  My healing was rather rough over the first year or so.  I had read some detail how two years was a fair amount of time to have to wait to be completely healed after the jump.  For me, the first eight months were the worst, but as the days wore on I began to feel better and better.  I remember one last big wave at about a year, and then into Year 2 of the recovery began to experience less and less reminders about healing.  So, definitely windows and waves oscillated for me during Year 1 until waves would become more rare in Year 2.  I don't even think I've had a symptom since 2016.  It's hard to believe it's been four full years because I remember just looking at the calendar constantly after the jump.  My Buddie Blog even details me counting the days since the jump!!....

Thanks for responding.  Always looking for clues about how this will play out for me.  I'm in an awful wave now, feeling so discouraged, but still hopeful the end is near (ish).  Wishing you the best  :smitten:

WR

Congratulations!  Thank you for sharing and giving hope to those of us who need encouragement that we too will be healed.  :-*