TMI- Bad panic attacks before or during period

[Sc...]

Hey all,

Since I started ativan, even when I was taking it in the beginning, I have had the worst panic attacks right before I get my period. I wonder as to why. I don't have them often but when I do I get them around two to three days before I get it and they are severe fully physical panic attacks. I can always feel the surge of adrenaline or cortisol coming up and get super nauseous and bam, that's when everything hits. I spend the next few days recouping off the stomach cramps and nausea and then I don't see them again until the following month. Wondering if anyone out there has this.  :-[

• 2 weeks later...
I think benzos make everything about our periods more exaggerated and painful.  I think it's because the hormones and emotions are linked in our bodies.

I know for me personally that my panic disorder and depression act up more around my period. I don't know if its the benzos but I have struggled with anxiety my whole life. Exercise helps and eating a good diet. Sometimes its hormone related and there a lot of foods that can help if you are lacking in some of these hormones. I'm sorry you deal with this but trust me, I've been there and I have hope it gets better!