You won’t die of it!

[No...]

Does anyone else hate it when people say ‘you won’t die of it’ or ‘it won’t kill you’!?

I feel so bad I don’t care about dying, it’s living I can’t deal with, being in such torment.

Anyone feel this way or is it just me?

I think we all hate many things that people say ..  but they clearly have no understanding of what we go through.

There are many others who are feeling like you are and it will get better.  I have just read your symptoms and I am desperately sorry, I really hope you can stabilise, start to taper and get off the valium.  As you have seen the doctor and nothing has shown up, it sounds very much as though it could be the drugs.

Does anyone else hate it when people say ‘you won’t die of it’ or ‘it won’t kill you’!?

I feel so bad I don’t care about dying, it’s living I can’t deal with, being in such torment.

Hi NotMeMyself,

I think you will start to feel much better, now that you realize how important it is to keep the dose steady.  The dose changing might be what made you feel worse.  The other positive is that you are on a low dose ( even though a Benzo is still a Benzo at any dose!)

Best wishes

• 2 weeks later...
I know others feel better years off.  I do not.  My fatigue and insomnia has me feeling the same.  It is, if anything, worst than ever.  I now realize I have severe cortisol issues.  Went on a restricted diet and lost so much weight I had to start eating more.  Dying is preferable.  I have no life.  For me though, it is probably worst as I have no family around and friends want to do things, which I can not.  I have nothing to contribute to the friendship I guess.  So for most, it does appears to get a little better.  My brain functioning is better, but the fatigue has clobbered me.

I am so very sorry for your suffering.  Been there and understand.  Feeling better now (to give you hope). 

That remark is also ignorant depending on the case because in severe cases, there are fatalities.  I came very close to dying early in my withdrawal ordeal (twice).  Albeit in my case, other medications added were to blame.  Not opioids, but too high a dose of promethazine and another time with a beta blocker (Rxd for migraines).  This post is not meant to terrify, but to serve as a warning re promethazine and beta blocker dangers with some people.  I suffered severe respiratory distress with promethazine (anyone can look up such fatality warnings re promethazine) and the beta blocker combined with a librium detox lowered my blood pressure to a deathly level.

Rough benzo withdrawal is very serious suffering.  Too many minimizing and dismissing it.  If they only knew just how bad it can get for some. 

P.S.  For anyone unaware of promethazine, it is a highly effective drug for severe nausea.  Why I was prescribed it.  I was okay at 25 mg., but literally could not breathe at 50 mg in early withdrawal.  Is this to say everyone will have such problems with the drugs I mentioned?  No, I'm not saying that, but people should be made aware of the risks. 

Thanks, RxDamaged. Although it may help some folks in this, there are some of us who react very poorly to antihistamines of any kind, and using them to treat this syndrome  (regardless if it is a taper, cold turkey or detox), and taking them may make things much more dangerous for some of us. 

Thanks, RxDamaged. Although it may help some folks in this, there are some of us who react very poorly to antihistamines of any kind, and using them to treat this syndrome  (regardless if it is a taper, cold turkey or detox), and taking them may make things much more dangerous for some of us.

Thanks, LF.  I'm one of those people who has a paradoxical reaction to Benadryl, for instance.  As far as the calming effects and insomnia help that many use Benadryl for, it always gave me insomnia and made me feel wired.  I thought I was the only one until I researched it. 

https://www.pharmacistanswers.com/questions/can-benadryl-make-you-hyper