Just need to give myself credit, 1 year clean

[st...]

Hi, I am not going to get in too deep here, but it has been a large acheivement on my behalf

About 1 year clean, still feel a little shaken up, still feel a little traumatised

If there is anything I would like to share is that relapses happen way too easily, if you were on a high dose just stay away from benzo's in general, 1 pill can bring those withdrawals right back!

The pain will end, it feels like it is taking forever but trust me, it will be over soon and you will be able to make better decisions for yourself, YOU CAN DO IT!

Thank you for everyone who has been a part of this community, this place has been a great support, the more people we can get involved the more people we can save from this severely debilitating condition!

I'm a couple weeks away from my one year mark; I'm pretty excited to reach this milestone! Thank you for sharing!

• 2 months later...

I am almost 1 year off. The anxiety in my throat and chest is really bad this morning. Can anyone help?

I can't help but I can I can congratulate you on being almost one year off :smitten:

I am almost 1 year off. The anxiety in my throat and chest is really bad this morning. Can anyone help?

Often times our anxiety is worse in the morning due to cortisol surges and our nervous systems still being sensitive. I still have trouble in the mornings sometimes at 14 months out. It comes and goes in a non-linear fashion, like the rest of our symptoms. I would try anything you can do to calm yourself.

Slow deep breathing, listening to a meditation or nature sounds, diffusing lavender oil...whatever helps you feel more chill. Hope your symptoms improved.