Is it going to get better ?

[th...]

Hi, I jumped in January after a faily quick taper and it was going ok initially... however this past month has been terrible.

I'm terrified of driving and hights... I can't sleep.  It's terrible.

I just need to know that this is normal and is going to end at some point in the future (hopfully near future).

Please help

Thanks

Me

At 4+ mos it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will improve and the fears will subside. I had unusual fears for months, now they seem silly to me.

At 4+ mos it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. You will improve and the fears will subside. I had unusual fears for months, now they seem silly to me.

Thank you trpman, I really hope so.

If your last dose was in May last year, when did you realize you did not have the fears anymore ?

thisIstMe - I am in about the same boat - a week or so away from 5 months out and it has been terrible with anxiety gnawing at me every day with no let up. Everything is a catastrophe and negative. I cannot believe how compromised my thought processes are now.

The more I read on BB the more it looks like most experience 1-2 years of post jump w/d. Everybody is different so who knows whether I am in the 9 month or 3 year club. I have no idea whether I am reading about buddies that are the exception or the rule. Some suggest that those who have healed up and are feeling better drop off and you don't hear from them much and the ones that are active are suffering and in need. So, it might appear that more people are destined to suffer for long periods.

I am still waiting for my first window. In the meantime, I am fighting off constant thoughts that I am never going to get better.

The insidious side of wd includes thoughts of never healing while in a wave, to elation while in a window. It can be exhausting.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. You WILL. I am better. It took awhile & I really had to fight, but I did it. I suffered horribly, but now that all seems like a distant memory.

Once I was completely off, I think it was about 4-5 months before I started feeling better. What helped me most was forcing myself to go outside, get exercise and socialize. It got easier the more I forced myself to do these things.

I also felt like mirtazapine helped as well. Took it about 6 months, but am no longer on it.

You will get better!

Hi, I jumped in January after a faily quick taper and it was going ok initially... however this past month has been terrible.

I'm terrified of driving and hights... I can't sleep.  It's terrible.

I just need to know that this is normal and is going to end at some point in the future (hopfully near future).

Please help

Thanks

Me

Your best friend is time,  Don't worry, take like a challenge,  embrace it,  It's more than normal,  you will be fine in few months, 

peace

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thisIstMe - I am in about the same boat - a week or so away from 5 months out and it has been terrible with anxiety gnawing at me every day with no let up. Everything is a catastrophe and negative. I cannot believe how compromised my thought processes are now.

The more I read on BB the more it looks like most experience 1-2 years of post jump w/d. Everybody is different so who knows whether I am in the 9 month or 3 year club. I have no idea whether I am reading about buddies that are the exception or the rule. Some suggest that those who have healed up and are feeling better drop off and you don't hear from them much and the ones that are active are suffering and in need. So, it might appear that more people are destined to suffer for long periods.

I am still waiting for my first window. In the meantime, I am fighting off constant thoughts that I am never going to get better.

Hello,

most people healed and left  BB, all my friends from 2014 to 2015 left BB and now are doing fine.

I came back to  BB to pay back , try to help,  but I'm  100%  fine, some times I have a flash, but then after a minute I forget about it.

I had the idea that I will never get better,  but  now I'm so happy and normal.  and Busy lol.

Peace

Tex

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: