Inflammation,hashimoto,levothyroxin

[Ah...]

Does anyone knows what’s happening to my body through benzo withrawal causing me couldn’t be able to tolerate my thyroid medication I ll be appreciate any input

Does anyone knows what’s happening to my body through benzo withrawal causing me couldn’t be able to tolerate my thyroid medication I ll be appreciate any input

Ahoooo,

Yes! I wish I knew more about it to offer help, but I know it definitely messes with your adrenal system.

I have had hypothyroidism for 30 years no issues, slight changes here and there but nothing major. But over the last few years when i was doing an uninformed taper (trying to go as long as possible between doses of my klonopin and taking smaller doses, taking less and less "as needed" etc) which my pcp/pdoc knew about, my tsh tests were all over the place. My Levothyroxin dose became too high for me so dr lowered it, then the next month it was too low. It went back and forth for over a year before i got a normal level. I was experiencing lots of w/d symptoms that mimicked thyroid problems-palpitations, anxiety , depression, insomnia, dry skin, irritablility. It never occurred to me (or him, but he's the dr!) that my backing off on the klonopin had anything to do with it-even though the anxiety/depression started before the thyroid probs. I know it's still not right and I need more testing than my pcp knows to do so I did make an appointment with an endocrinologist but won't see her until 6/19, then I'll be trying to explain this whole benzo withdrawal syndrome to yet another uninformed healthcare worker! :tickedoff:

I haven't taken the time to do any research, but if you google benzo withdrawal and adrenals a lot pops up. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this, Good Luck.

Juelli  :smitten:

What are the issues you have that cause you to not tolerate your thyroid meds.  Are you taking t4 only.  I am taking natural desiccated thyroid for my hashimotos - its difficult to know if I am tolerating it or not because of withdrawal symptoms.  I am constantly having to do cortisol spit test as well.  I know its a minefield as you can also be making reverse t3 - an issue I am concerned about.  Have you tried natural desiccated thyroid.  Have you tested your cortisol lately?  Are all your nutritional needs being met as thyroxine will not work very well unless all your minerals and vitamins are optimal.

I take a slug of aloe vera juice every day at it contains most of the valuable vitamins, miners and amino acids that the body needs.  I also take various vitamins each day.  Vitamin c a is very important for your adrenals as well as natural sea salt - dilute dome Himalayan sea salt in water and drink thru the day.

You do need to take some sort of thyroid meds as your body needs it.

Have you tested your cortisol lately?  Are all your nutritional needs being met as thyroxine will not work very well unless all your minerals and vitamins are optimal.

I take a slug of aloe vera juice every day at it contains most of the valuable vitamins, miners and amino acids that the body needs.  I also take various vitamins each day.  Vitamin c a is very important for your adrenals as well as natural sea salt - dilute dome Himalayan sea salt in water and drink thru the day.

This is good to know, Ceejay. Interesting about the aloe vera juice! How much H sea salt/water? What vitamins do you find helpful? I have a very good whole food diet-always have, but like to be educated. I do take Vit D3 and Magnesium. Just started CBD oil which takes care of my anxiety and depression.

Kindly,

Juelli