Anyone in phychosis?

[li...]

Due to rapid withdrawal or cold turkey? If so did it ease up a bit? Or is constant? I’m dealing with it and I understand it’s from cutting so big but there is no turning back to pills so my only hope is that is goes away some day.

It is cell by cell in your muscles and your brain connections also. It takes time. Make your life a easy as you can. The less stress is better.

Due to rapid withdrawal or cold turkey? If so did it ease up a bit? Or is constant? I’m dealing with it and I understand it’s from cutting so big but there is no turning back to pills so my only hope is that is goes away some day.

I have it from insomnia caused by withdrawal. I have no other withdrawal symptoms if I can sleep for 5 hours. But I can only sleep 1-2. I am 5-5 months out. My advice? Go back up and do yourself a favor by doing an extremely slow taper based on your symptoms.

I did an ill advised CT and I am stuck in a hell no person should have to endure. I am threatened with psych hospitalization every day. I sit in a room and rock. It does not get better it gets worse. S L O W wins the race.

Your not a schizo dude your fine your just kinda f#€¡'d at the moment. But don't sorry I was there too. You'll be fine. PM me and I'll provide tips and stuff, I'll be happy to help you out.

I just spent 6 days awake zero sleep and they tried to section me as I went psychosis, having reinstated my sleeping pills I slept and was reassessed today and passed.

Sleep dep causes psychosis, its very real, but it only ever happens when you are denied REM sleep for long periods (over 90ish hours)

Most meth addicts have a thing called meth psychosis having stayed up for 10 days on meth for example

Psychosis from WD can also happen, if the dosing was for months or years usually you need to cross over to valium and reduce slowly they even do this with alcohol WD

• 4 weeks later...

What exactly is your psychosis?

I was diagnosed with “psychosis” in my rekindling episode but I know I’m not hallucinating. I did not see things nor hear things. I did not have paranoia. What I did have was confusion and derealisation/depersonalisation.

I remember having this..It was horrendous. For me it eased after 5 months and stopped after the acute period

shania

That sounds awful guys, it'll get better hang in there!!

Hey shania, was that bad WD and ongoing symptoms with baclofen or benzos?

What dose? I've just been put on baclofen to help my anxiety and Valium WD 😳

I feeling like I’m losing my mind.  My brain is on another planet and I can’t stand it.  The torment, mental anguish, struggling in every moment because nothing looks or feels normal.  Even my thoughts aren’t making sense.  I feel confused and it torments me.  I don’t know or like this THING I become.  No love, no comfort, I feel so disconnected.  My mind must be going psychotic.  I have deep anger and it feels like the REAL me is gone forever.

*yp********************/*h/Been there, done that, FightingMe. This will pass if you find ways to cope until it does go away. Distraction is you best weapon. Find easy safe ways to distract your mind from all those symptoms. Try relaxing things and search for ways to do this without being TOO difficult. I listened to hypnosis videos on YouTube for a long time - and still do! They can be quite effective. Play silly little games, coloring books, whatever you can think of. Distraction IS your best weapon  - that and TIME.

It will get better!!!  Distract. Jigsaw puzzle saved me. Walking with audiobooks saved me. Organizing drawers, closets, etc.  Talking on the phone with someone you trust.  Games on your phone. One day at a time and suddenly you will start feeling a little more normal every day. That's when I then had to get over thinking about everything all the time. Even when I started feeling normal I was so used to checking myself...it took a while longer to let the obsessive thoughts go.  But it ends. It gets better. I promise.

LOL on ME! I just saw that my cat, Mr Bear, added something to my last reply. This happens a lot when you have a 16 lb house cat. And one who likes to walk across my computer!

FakeIt, I love your name. That is precisely what I did and it helped me a great deal. I faked it so well my brain began to assume it was the truth! Faking it was my motto for all those awful years.

Distraction is the best ting a person can do. Try to get your mind OFF how lousy you feel, even if only for a moment. Those moments add up over time. Give your tired brain enough time to heal itself, please.

• 2 weeks later...
I am not currently in psychosis, *knock on wood*...but I have been in the past due to withdrawal. When I made the jump from clonazepam to diazepam it was especially bad. I had hallucinations, delusions, personality changes, paranoia, etc. The most helpful thing I can suggest is to take care of yourself like you are caring for a sick loved one. I hope you feel better soon.