Jerking awake

[Su...]

When does the jerks that pop you out of sleep stop? When I get my one to two hours I am jolted awake by a rush of adrenaline. When does that stop? I am going on 6 months..,

Everyone is different.

I got myself a weighted blanket and it helps me feel more secure in the morning.

I remember the toxic mornings all too well but they will pass.

Do you have the App Audible?  If so, please listen to "love yourself like your life depended on it" and see if it helps you.  You must love yourself and "yourself" is in your mind. Be kind to yourself and MOST IMPORTANTLY your inner dialogue is crucial...that you are telling yourself positive things and reminding yourself that you will heal. Because you will! Even if you don't believe it in the moment, repeat it over and over all day long: "I will heal. I am healing". Over and over and over and over. You will rewire your brain and the body will follow. It's science. Not mumbo jumbo.

Get yourself a soft cuddly teddy bear too. It's not silly. we are all kids at heart and having something besides a pillow to cling to in bed when anxiety hits is comforting. Just do it.

Hugs. Know you are cared about and being prayed for.

• 3 weeks later...

This phenomena is well known and can be common. It is generally the result of excessive anxiety (Benzo or non Benzo related).. I have had this on and off for years (during periods of high anxiety or stress) but it was much more intense during withdrawal.. it does pass with time so try to be patient and not worry too much about it..  good luck :)

When does the jerks that pop you out of sleep stop? When I get my one to two hours I am jolted awake by a rush of adrenaline. When does that stop? I am going on 6 months..,

Yes, excessive cortisol is related to anxiety and stress. And withdrawal is like an exaggerated anxiety/stress response due to the GABA depletion.. that's my understanding anyways..  :thumbsup:

Cortisol