What tv show are you currently watching?

[cl...]

I did like Downton Abbey, and have never heard of the others you mention. Not sure if they’re on the cable here. Nothing on right now...  ::)

Can’t wait until Lifetime stops playing Christmas shows/movies/whatever nonstop. No Grey’s Anatomy now on ABC either.

It’s complaining, but it can be so dismal. Can’t afford Netflix, but that’s alright with me.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ma...]

• [be...]

• [or...]

• [gi...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t wait until Lifetime stops playing Christmas shows/movies/whatever nonstop.

Aaargh. Christmas stuff.

We only have cable so my partner can watch Jeopardy. Other than that we don't watch television. BBC or PBS shows/series or Acorn tv. The programs I mentioned we rented from Netflix. Sorry you don't have access to it.  :'(

Can you get The Good Wife on reruns from the network? (I don't know what I'm talking about here -- I got Madame Secretary that way. Didn't try to get TGW as reruns).

TV really is "the great wasteland" imo. There are a dizzying number of series available, but very few I want to watch. Just as well.

Now that I am semi-sane following my taper, I read a lot. I may do that tonight. I have an app called Overdrive from my library -- I can get e-books for free. Whee!!

Catch you later, mon pilote.

Katz

• 2 months later...
My wife and I are about to restart the whole House series. We are finishing up the last season of Once Upon a Time.

I am watching an old Acorn tv series -- Foyle's War. Just discovering the joys of streaming with Roku. Acorn has all 10 seasons of this series. Loving it.

Katz

Katz, I just got directv... so much better than the cable we had. Now I can record classic movies and PBS/KQED. Too bad I didn’t have it earlier, I would have a ton of Nature shows, Film School Shorts, Independent Lens and on and on. Now I’m on the hunt to save and study my favorites. Easy enough to cut my losses and live in the moment though.

My mother loves “The Good Wife” and I wanted to start watching too. I’m still trying to figure out if I can, now.

Everything is better about this service, smaller sleeker box and remote... it’s funny though because I think I’m getting better since I want to read more now and actually can. That usually feels best, apart from my favorites from KQUED and fave movies.

I saw something good on BBC network the first day, it was “Planet South Pacific.” Immediately I gravitate to PBS, BBC and AMC and will probably just stay with these.

I loved The Good Wife, mon pilote. And the spinoff series, The Good Fight. I am waiting for another season of TGF.

Thanks for the tip about Planet South Pacific. I'll check it out.

An old PBS program that I really liked (watched it last week) is called (don't laugh) My Life As A turkey. About a guy who raised a clutch of baby turkeys from eggs, and their mutual lives together. So interesting! And touching! If I wasn't already a vegan that would have don it for me.

Hope you are doing well.

Katz

Oh no, I don’t think it’s KQED anymore, just PBS.  :-\  :'(

Well it’s still less expensive, but that’s sad for me. And the remote is kind of loud the way it clicks, oh well.

Gosh, turkeys can be aggressive... they attack here in our neighborhood, and other places when people allow them to dominate in residential areas. Probably would still watch that though.

Not doing great Katz, but I need to accept it. Thank you, hope you are.

Rectify on Netflix - highly recommend!  Just started season 2.  I can so relate to the main character with what I'm going through

The Accused on Acorn TV. It's episodic and gives me someone to yell at each episode. What a bunch of losers!!!

Katz

• 3 weeks later...

mp did you watch/are are you watching "The Good Wife"? Old series, so . . .

Stlil watching "Accused" at my house.

K

• 2 weeks later...
The last TV series I watched was Russian Doll. It dealt with drug abuse and withdrawal, repetitive scenarios and near death experiences in a very unique and thoughtful way. I haven't dealt with substance abuse myself but felt it was relatable in terms of mental illness and gradually opening yourself to the world. It was also very humorous and comforting to watch, and the soundtrack was wonderful. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Can someone recommend a series (Amazon Prime) that doesn’t raise anxiety?  Something good but bland?  Nothing scary or full of action. 

Thanks, SS

The last TV series I watched was Russian Doll. It dealt with drug abuse and withdrawal, repetitive scenarios and near death experiences in a very unique and thoughtful way. I haven't dealt with substance abuse myself but felt it was relatable in terms of mental illness and gradually opening yourself to the world. It was also very humorous and comforting to watch, and the soundtrack was wonderful. Couldn't recommend it enough.

I just watched that too. Excellent!

Can someone recommend a series (Amazon Prime) that doesn’t raise anxiety?  Something good but bland?  Nothing scary or full of action. 

Thanks, SS

Do you like comedy? Amazon Prime has Gadget Man and that was one of the few series I was able to watch when I experienced a lot of television-related anxiety. It's not exactly bland but it's subtle in its humour and Richard Ayoade is very good in it (I would recommend starting at season two, which is when he started hosting the series). It's fun to watch without requiring too much of an emotional commitment, it's mostly just silly. They're these cheeky reviews of ridiculous gadgets that have been invented and there isn't too much time spent on any single topic. I still feel a little anxious with shows and only watch them in the company of others, but Gadget Man I'd be able to watch by myself  :thumbsup:

DepressionCherry,

Yes, I love Comedy!  Thank you for the recommendation.  Now to get my brain understanding my phone and Amazon. 

... things I would have done before BWD if I had known.

SS :smitten:

The Americans and Hannah and prime video

We are watching Hanna too and I saw The Americans, also very good  :D

Now watching Widow and Strick Back.

A show that I think would be easy for people who need simple and fun  tv is The Rookie, it has so much humor in it, a little violence, but just a cute show.