Author Topic: What tv show are you currently watching?  (Read 2904 times)

[Buddie]

Re: What tv show are you currently watching?
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2018, 01:05:33 am »
I did like Downton Abbey, and have never heard of the others you mention. Not sure if theyíre on the cable here. Nothing on right now...  ::)

Canít wait until Lifetime stops playing Christmas shows/movies/whatever nonstop. No Greyís Anatomy now on ABC either.

Itís complaining, but it can be so dismal. Canít afford Netflix, but thatís alright with me.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2018, 02:32:04 am »
Canít wait until Lifetime stops playing Christmas shows/movies/whatever nonstop.

Aaargh. Christmas stuff.

We only have cable so my partner can watch Jeopardy. Other than that we don't watch television. BBC or PBS shows/series or Acorn tv. The programs I mentioned we rented from Netflix. Sorry you don't have access to it.  :'(

Can you get The Good Wife on reruns from the network? (I don't know what I'm talking about here -- I got Madame Secretary that way. Didn't try to get TGW as reruns).

TV really is "the great wasteland" imo. There are a dizzying number of series available, but very few I want to watch. Just as well.

Now that I am semi-sane following my taper, I read a lot. I may do that tonight. I have an app called Overdrive from my library -- I can get e-books for free. Whee!!

Catch you later, [...].

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2019, 08:49:45 am »
My wife and I are about to restart the whole House series. We are finishing up the last season of Once Upon a Time.

[Buddie]

« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2019, 03:14:12 pm »
I am watching an old Acorn tv series -- Foyle's War. Just discovering the joys of streaming with Roku. Acorn has all 10 seasons of this series. Loving it.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2019, 03:42:16 pm »
[...], I just got directv... so much better than the cable we had. Now I can record classic movies and PBS/KQED. Too bad I didnít have it earlier, I would have a ton of Nature shows, Film School Shorts, Independent Lens and on and on. Now Iím on the hunt to save and study my favorites. Easy enough to cut my losses and live in the moment though.

My mother loves ďThe Good WifeĒ and I wanted to start watching too. Iím still trying to figure out if I can, now.

Everything is better about this service, smaller sleeker box and remote... itís funny though because I think Iím getting better since I want to read more now and actually can. That usually feels best, apart from my favorites from KQUED and fave movies.

I saw something good on BBC network the first day, it was ďPlanet South Pacific.Ē Immediately I gravitate to PBS, BBC and AMC and will probably just stay with these.

[Buddie]

« Reply #105 on: March 02, 2019, 09:52:21 pm »
I loved The Good Wife, [...]. And the spinoff series, The Good Fight. I am waiting for another season of TGF.

Thanks for the tip about Planet South Pacific. I'll check it out.

An old PBS program that I really liked (watched it last week) is called (don't laugh) My Life As A turkey. About a guy who raised a clutch of baby turkeys from eggs, and their mutual lives together. So interesting! And touching! If I wasn't already a vegan that would have don it for me.

[...] you are doing well.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #106 on: March 03, 2019, 12:04:42 am »
Oh no, I donít think itís KQED anymore, just PBS.  :-\  :'(

Well itís still less expensive, but thatís sad for me. And the remote is kind of loud the way it clicks, oh well.

Gosh, turkeys can be aggressive... they attack here in our neighborhood, and other places when people allow them to dominate in residential areas. Probably would still watch that though.

Not doing great [...], but I need to accept it. Thank you, [...] you are.

[Buddie]

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2019, 02:14:36 am »
Also of course TCM.

[Buddie]

« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2019, 02:56:09 am »
Rectify on Netflix - highly recommend!  Just started season 2.  I can so relate to the main character with what I'm going through

[Buddie]

« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2019, 04:29:31 pm »
The Accused on Acorn TV. It's episodic and gives me someone to yell at each episode. What a bunch of losers!!!

[...]