Xanax 1mg 20 week plan

[Ja...]

Been looking at this board. Recently just joined.

Went to a veterinarian supply store yesterday. Bought a 20ml plastic syringe. It's marked in 1ml lines of dosage. My plan this week is to put my 1mg of Xanax ground up into a shot glass full of water and dissolve it.  Add that to the syringe, add more water to shot glass to get all of it. And, add that for a total of 20ml of fluid. I can swish this around in my mouth for a few minutes before swallowing.

I usually dose Xanax in two stages.  I take .50 at 6pm and .50 at 8pm. But since I am going to quit. I think taking the this all at once right before bed might be best. There are 20 marks on the syringe. I plan on lowering it 1 mark per week. That's a total 5% reduction per week.  I only have about 100 pills. So I need to get this right the first time.  Does this sound reasonable ?

Also yesterday I picked up some GABA 750mg from the health food store. I hear some people say it works, Some say it does not work. I ate two pills and felt kind of drowsy. I yawned several times after about 45 minutes. I would be inclined to say it may help. I also take Melitonin 20mg and Tyrptophan 1000mg at bedtime.

The one question I have is when I drain the syringe of the 5% fluid. . .How long can that be stored/refrigerated for use in the following week. I can see where I may want to extend a week to 2 weeks. But I really plan on the 5% per week. I don't want to just pour it out. 

Also curious about beta blockers. I take Toporol . . .Will increasing the dose or decreasing the dose have effect on anything ? If I go several days without a beta blocker it makes me feel horrible.

Any response would be appreciated.

Went to a veterinarian supply store yesterday. Bought a 20ml plastic syringe. It's marked in 1ml lines of dosage. My plan this week is to put my 1mg of Xanax ground up into a shot glass full of water and dissolve it.  Add that to the syringe, add more water to shot glass to get all of it. And, add that for a total of 20ml of fluid. I can swish this around in my mouth for a few minutes before swallowing.

I

Xanax is NOT water-soluble!

To liquify your tablets, you must start with an appropriate solvent.  Commonly used solvents are either alcohol (vodka) or propylene glycol.  Once dissolved in a tiny amount of solvent (2ml per mg) it can then be further diluted with water.

FYI, alcohol or PG are the solvents pharma mfgrs use to make Rx liquid benzo.  And there is an Rx liquid xanax available.

I usually dose Xanax in two stages.  I take .50 at 6pm and .50 at 8pm. But since I am going to quit. I think taking the this all at once right before bed might be best. There are 20 marks on the syringe. I plan on lowering it 1 mark per week. That's a total 5% reduction per week.  I only have about 100 pills. So I need to get this right the first time.  Does this sound reasonable ?

Also yesterday I picked up some GABA 750mg from the health food store. I hear some people say it works, Some say it does not work. I ate two pills and felt kind of drowsy. I yawned several times after about 45 minutes. I would be inclined to say it may help. I also take Melitonin 20mg and Tyrptophan 1000mg at bedtime.

The one question I have is when I drain the syringe of the 5% fluid. . .How long can that be stored/refrigerated for use in the following week. I can see where I may want to extend a week to 2 weeks. But I really plan on the 5% per week. I don't want to just pour it out. 

Also curious about beta blockers. I take Toporol . . .Will increasing the dose or decreasing the dose have effect on anything ? If I go several days without a beta blocker it makes me feel horrible.

Any response would be appreciated.

Hi Jacob,

I have a couple of responses to your post.

But firstly Welcome to the forum!  A wealth of knowledge here if you look in the right places.

Xanax doesn't truly dissolve in water -- it needs alcohol, PG or a nut milk to create a solution.  (Like builder says)  So your plan sounds ok except you really need to suspend the xanax well.  ( i use 5ml of tequila for .5mg Xanax -- let it sit for a couple or hours then add 95ml of water.)

I would be really really careful with GABA supplements!  Those of us here don't lack GABA, we lack GABA receptors, and extra GABA ends to be changed into glutamate by the body.  Glutamate is the culprit in wd sxs...

If you don't have any interdose wd sxs then switching to once daily dosing could work.... if you do have those sxs then changing dosing that much could have a big impact...  my Xanax tends to last about 12 hours at this stage of wd..

And remember that we can't really withdraw according to a calendar -- our body will guide us with sxs.  It may be that your plan works very well!  and i sure hope so!  And it may be that you need to slow down at times or hold for a time to allow the body to catch up to your cuts....  you'll figure it out when you see how it all goes for you when you start to taper.

Best of luck to you!

SS

So if I understand correctly. It just breaks apart in water, but will not suspend within the liquid. But it will suspend in nut milk such as almond milk.

But not diary milk.

For clarification...

When a dry ingredient dissolves, it actually changes state from a solid to a liquid, becomes part of a solution, and will be uniformly distributed in that liquid.  Every ml of that liquid will contain exactly the same amount of the dissolved material.

When a tablet deconstructs in a liquid, particles can sink, float, or be suspensed in the liquid.  The distribution will be random, NOT uniform.  Because of its very low viscosity, water is a very poor suspension agent.

Common benzos are NOT water soluble.  The will readily dissolve in alcohol, propylene glycol, or fatty liquids like milk or nut milks.  They are lipid-soluble, so they make a true solution in fatty liquids.

Just asking about suspension. . .What about Apple Cider Vinegar - Vinegar - Lemon Juice - Lime Juice -  Is there any other common things that will dissolve it ?

Just asking about suspension. . .What about Apple Cider Vinegar - Vinegar - Lemon Juice - Lime Juice -  Is there any other common things that will dissolve it ?

Once again, when the med dissolves, it forms a solution, not a suspension.

None of those acidic liquid you referenced will act a solvent for your benzo, and are probably not viscous enough to create a good suspension.

If you want to create an effective suspension, there are readily available pharma grade suspension liquids, like OraPlus.

I really appreciate all the help. . .On my way to the next step in getting this behind me. The Store  :D

Once again, when the med dissolves, it forms a solution, not a suspension.

None of those acidic liquid you referenced will act a solvent for your benzo, and are probably not viscous enough to create a good suspension.

If you want to create an effective suspension, there are readily available pharma grade suspension liquids, like OraPlus.

Thanks for that clarification builder.... I was giving misinformation about a suspension vs a solution.  Think I got it now!

SS

• 4 weeks later...

I really appreciate all the help. . .On my way to the next step in getting this behind me. The Store  :D

Good attitude  ;D

Welcome and good luck!