Can't handle conversation

[Ta...]

Can anyone not handle even short conversation? Whenever I talk or someone talks to me, I get dizzy, head pressure, nauseous and have to lay down in the dark/quiet.

Oh yeah. I had trouble even looking people in the eye for many months. I'm still uncomfortable when I'm alone with someone I don't know well, but if there's a third person, I feel less pressure to interact and it's much better. I'm already not a small talker; this has really made me a smile and nod kind of person.  ;D

Hang in there; it will ease up with time!

Im the same way. I also feel like everything I say sounds so dumb. I get uncomfortable talking around people. I have never had that issue before.

It still happens to me sometimes, but not as much as in the beginning of my withdrawal, especially when I'm feeling vulnerable or stressed out.  Yesterday I ran out of the kitchen sobbing after being asked a simple question by my mother.  Just couldn't handle it.

I feel almost mute sometimes, its ridiculous what this process does to our brains. The natural flow of ideas and the processing of what people say just doesnt happen normally anymore, its like theres a time delay in my head and it takes me a strangely long time to compute what someone said and then a longer time still to formulate a response. I end up not talking much, or just on a needs basis. The brain fog/memory impairment is so bad I dont feel like myself at all, I feel like an idiot, like I cant even properly express what Im thinking.

Thanks everyone. It just feels like my brain is cooking during conversation and I feel so sick and spent afterwards. To the Buddy above me, I also feel dumb/loss of self and like I'm having to relearn how to be human. I have issues with eye contact, too.

I have issues with everything that has been mentioned here in this thread. my social anxiety has completely exploded during withdrawal and I feel like I have no personality left and no voice with nothing interesting to say. it makes small talk and connecting with other humans a very difficult task and I often have a lot of anxiety over the fact that I'm just not my goofy witty entertaining self anymore.

That, was the same for me. I had no answers to anything, it was completely empty in my head. Often, I only came to half the sentence, then I forgot what I would say. Also, couldn´t have eye contact. But, it has gone over, and everything is as usual again. I hope, soon will be so for you too! :)

got/had all those symptoms, sooner or later it will pass though, for me it was something switched, like all of a sudden I have just enough confidence and brain power to be myself. I am still struggling, eye contact difficult, I feel like im making eye contact, but its like im actually concentrating on something else, something that stands out, where normally you could ignore it, I seem fixated on it. I fell like I make people really uncomfortable, that then start the anxiety, dont where to look, brain start going all over the place, ughhh. but its certainly better than it was and seems to come and go like windows and waves.

I am going through a bad wave with gi issues (bloating, stomach pressure, indigestion...could it be benzo belly) which has ramped up my anxiety and insomnia. I was doing fairy okay until last week. The stomach discomfort/pain makes it difficult for me talk for more than 10 minutes; pluse I am having breathing problems from the pressure as well. The doc says is gastritis, and I am not taking ppi's because when I took it I couldn't sleep for two days in a row. My sleep has returned since I stopped it and trying to deal alternative approaches to get some relief. I am so afraid to try another Rx since my CNS is so super sensitive. The worse part is that I talk for a living. I work as a freelance medical interpreter at different clinics, so I am toughing it out :(

Add me to the group, hardest first wave hit me while at small gathering at a house. I remember I described it as just like in the old days when the TV went out and the static came on; that's what it felt like in my brain. It's gone away, I would say it's one of the only symptoms that has gone 100%.