My Introduction

[nc...]

Hello:

Have been taking 2 x .5 mg of Lorazepam daily for just over two months for an anxiety situation. When I tried to cut back by skipping one dose for two days, discovered that I was physically dependent. Now I want to taper off using water titration.

Have been practicing with baby aspirins, but the solution foams a lot in blender.

I thought people who got hooked on this were taking it for 6 months or more. Now I now better.

Nick

On 1 mg (2 x .5 mg) Lorazepam since March 21st. About to commence water titration. Never had a problem like this before in my life with any drug, and I'm 64!

Hi Nick:

Welcome to Benzo Buddies.  Congratulations on figuring out that this stuff was a problem so fast.  The short time that you were on it should, with luck, mean that you have a relatively easy recovery.  Feel free to post about any odd feelings you have during the taper.  It makes things a bit easier to know that what you experience is "normal."

ntw

Hi nchristy46

Welcome to Benzo Buddies!

Sorry that you like so many of us have found that you are dependent on Benzos! For most of us it was an ugly surprise!

You have been on Benzos for a relatively short time but enough time to have withdrawal symptoms upon discontinuation of the Benzo.

The dose you are on although to high to safely C/T is not an extremely high dose.

The longer you have the Benzos in your system the more addicted your body will become.

Titration or dry cut however you do it I would suggest you move as quickly as you can tolerate to rid your body of the poison. By doing this you will lessen the length of time you are exposed to the Brain damaging Benzo and reach the drug free state where you can begin compete healing.

The idea of a slow taper is to remove the benzo at as close a rate to the speed with which your body heals. Buddies like myself with a long history of use and high dose suffer less by

doing a slow gradual taper. When you have been on a low dose for a short time you may want to balance a safe taper vs more exposure to benzo damage.

It is a good idea to take your dose ( some take it in multiple portions to avoid inter dose withdrawal symptoms) ever day at the same times when tapering.

I do not use a blender, I just stir the milk/benzo combination with a spoon. Does not foam as much and seems to mix just fine.

If you need any help just ask, there are many Buddies ready to help!

You will get all the support and friendship you want here at Benzo Buddies!

Teakettle

Nick I am water titrating ativan also, same amount as you, could it be it's the aspirin foaming ? my ativan doesn't foam at all but I use a Coors RX Grade Mortar and Pestle to grind up the pill before I put it in the blender. Let me know if I can help out I have been doing this all month so far so good.

sundazed