That being pulled down feeling

[St...]

We talk about so many symptoms but this one I have only seen a couple of times.

It's that feeling where it feels like every single one of of your nerves in your shoulders is being being pulled by tiny hooks.

This was the symptom that put into hell. After eating alot of crisps it started. Couldn't stand, was physically pulled down onto the sofa, even lying down it still felt as if something was attached to my nerves, constantly pulling.

Made me terrified of food. Luckily (fingers crossed) it hasn't happened for a long time. But for months It kept happening over and over again. Different foods every time.

Anyone else experience this? And what triggered it? What are your theories on why it happens? Too much salt? Msg? Just too much food for the body to handle? Would like to know it wasn't just me that experienced it.

Wasn't sure where to put this post, I put it here as it's an old symptom, and I just want to generally discuss it.

Really early in withdrawal I had this. I had done a .5 mg. ct off Ativan, and I suffered horrible vertigo. I'd feel like I was being pulled by a force into the couch, and it was a scary feeling. It wasn't so much about the nerves, though. Just my whole body. But this passes, just like everything else. I totally forgot about that feeling until you mentioned it.

I had a lot of that at the beginning of the withdrawal, I still do occasionally.  I think it has to do with the CNS repairing.  I've had it for the past few days, it comes and goes.  I feel heavy (even though I'm physically fit and at normal weight), as though I weigh a ton and being pulled down into the floor when I stand or when I sit on the sofa.  Not a nice feeling, I think poor sleep and stress may aggravate it, as can overload of stimuli.

Hope I didn't bring back any horribleness. Did you find that something suddenly triggered it?

No, not at all!

I think ginger is right. It's the CNS trying to repair. I would get it with the vertigo. I had really bad vertigo spells that would last for 20 minutes. I think this was part of that. But I really don't remember all the details. It was long time ago, thankfully.

its so starnge, see for me it would always be after I ate something, it would be pretty much instant, feeling fine then instantly being pulled down, but it would take me a good couple of weeks to get over it. I used to just attribute it to eating something I shouldnt have, but I know it was some sort of withdrawal symptom.

some good insight ginger, I really hope this passes for you. truly one of the worst symptoms for me. Its strange how when were healing the feel the worst!

You know, sometimes eating something bad can trigger it for days or a week, I think our bodies are very sensitive right now.