Crazy night terrors

[go...]

I get the same night terror every night. Basically I fall asleep for 20 minutes then wake up in a complete panicked state. I'm unable to coordinate my limbs completely, my whole body feels numb when I touch it and my tremors are so bad they freak out my girlfriend. It lasts around 30 minutes? Anyone experience anything like this. Wondering if I should take a propranolol before I go to bed to see if it wards off the tremor a bit.

Hello,

I do have night terrors from time to time..they are horrible!

The same as you, they about 30 minutes after I sleep.

At the beginning is a bad nightmare, then "wake up" and I continue being inside of the dream, and I can walk, run and move as if I was awake...there it starts my problem: when my family try to help me it's hard as I become quite violent. I can also run from what is happening (in the nightmare) and in the past years I have fallen twice from the stairs (from 1st floor)! I was quite injured and I could have died.

I've read in BB that these terrors can be a consequence of benzo in our brains..

These terrors are not that frequent, maybe very two months..

These link could be useful for you <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_terror>

I am sorry that you are suffering from this symptom too. Please keep safe.

I get the same night terror every night. Basically I fall asleep for 20 minutes then wake up in a complete panicked state. I'm unable to coordinate my limbs completely, my whole body feels numb when I touch it and my tremors are so bad they freak out my girlfriend. It lasts around 30 minutes? Anyone experience anything like this. Wondering if I should take a propranolol before I go to bed to see if it wards off the tremor a bit.

Well, I have had this too and still have some of it. When I tapered I woke up some nights and noticed I could not coordinate my arms and couple of times my arm did not work at all for short period of time. It started work again after stretching it. This symptom disappeared shortly after I jumped. I also have had tremors every time I wake up and they hit my head the most. My tremors have lessened during my recovry period and maybe 97% of it has gone. However I still have almost every time I wake up. I take 40mg propranolol every evening at bed time and have noticed it lessens the tremor. I actually tested it about week ago by not taking my propranolol nighhtly dose and my tremor was much more without the dose so I have evidence it works for me. So good news is that thease symptoms lessens over the time so there is good chance they go away over time. It is what I wait for 😊