What are your symptoms 12+ months out?

[KI...]

[size=18pt]Hi Everyone. Just wondering what some of yalls symptoms are? I'm close to 13 months out and my major symptoms are dizziness and tachycardia. You know that feeling when you blew up some balloons and you get kind of light headed and dizzy? Well I feel like that 24/7. Does anyone else have issues with there heart beating fast all the time? [/size]

My husband still has terrible numbness in face (including nose, can't use it to breathe, totally his worst symptom) and numb feet, muscle vibrations and weakness, horrendous obsessive anxiety and depression.... Many more that aren't as bothersome, including the dizziness, racing heart (his seems to change with anxiety), DP/DR, gastrointestinal issues, etc. He's having a pretty rough time as he reaches 12 months off. Feeling very alone. Sorry to be negative as I know he's healing and he'll get there, but it's a huge weight on us right now.

All of my symptoms are completely mental/psychological, for the most part. I feel trapped inside my head, with anxious looping negative thoughts that I can't control. My perception of reality seems wrong and I just don't recognize my thought patterns anymore. I feel very afraid that I am going to go insane or something, because I can't seem to control my mind and it feels like this withdrawal will never end. My main symptoms are severe anxiety/OCD, both of which I never really had before all of this, atleast not even remotely to this extent. I feel like I've lost my ability to think rationally and reason with myself, I'm just consumed by fear and negative thinking, thoughts that I don't want. I always feel very foggy and stressed, unable to think clearly or remember anything. I have some tinnitus and breathing problems caused by anxiety here and there, but it's the thoughts and the way that I am psychologically now, that bothers me the most.

My husband still has terrible numbness in face (including nose, can't use it to breathe, totally his worst symptom) and numb feet, muscle vibrations and weakness, horrendous obsessive anxiety and depression.... Many more that aren't as bothersome, including the dizziness, racing heart (his seems to change with anxiety), DP/DR, gastrointestinal issues, etc. He's having a pretty rough time as he reaches 12 months off. Feeling very alone. Sorry to be negative as I know he's healing and he'll get there, but it's a huge weight on us right now.

Just want you to know you're an incredible spouse for helping your husband through this. I know he appreciates you, even though he may not be able to express it due to the w/d.  I hope you're taking care of yourself as well.

Also, have him try vitamin C. It helps clear the body of excess glutamate and histamine. I take 1000mg 3x a day, sometimes more and it's helped. Worth a shot.

Thanks Tantalos. This is honestly getting to be exceedingly hard on us both. Like, ... REALLY UNBEARABLY HARD. I'm not taking care of myself at all if I'm honest, as his level of suffering just doesn't allow for me to take time away. We don't have any friends or family that could help with this, so it's just me, every day and every night, getting him through. I've had to rely on kind people like you to thank me while he is too scared to think of such things.

We tried a couple supplements earlier on and it did not go well, so we'll just be getting through as best we can, but I'm glad you've found something that helps you.

I am at 12 mos as well. Most of my physical symptoms have faded. Some mild tinnitus, some depression, an occasional chemical type anxiety attack and a bit of insomnia from time to time. Some mental stuff, intrusive thoughts maybe. Over all feeling so much better than at 6 mos. When I get stressed, my "waves" include louder tinnitus, fullness in the ears, a racing feeling in the brain, sharp pain in throat and burning eyes. Shuts me down unless I can get out and do a brisk walk.

Yes my heart has been beating fast for two years now since I started tapering. I got an EKG today. They saw palpitations and were not worried. this is so common in benzo withdrawal. I'm sure that it will pass in time.

Thank you everyone. I often feel like I'm the only one going through this and wonder if anyone is feeling the way I am. This is an awful feeling that no one should have to go through. Thanks again and I pray you all have a quick recovery!

Im at 8 months and the dizziness is the worse.

I feel as if I'm walking across a trampoline.

And then an elevator dropping!

Yes my heart has been beating fast for two years now since I started tapering. I got an EKG today. They saw palpitations and were not worried. this is so common in benzo withdrawal. I'm sure that it will pass in time.

Am I seeing a two year taper? Wow. How did you have the foresight?

Hi KIERKEN01,

I'm close to 13 months out too, by the way, congratulations on your achievement!  Yes, the dizziness is still an issue for me also at almost 13 months out.  It comes and goes for no apparent reason, but I never had it prior to benzo withdrawal.  It is benzos, trust me.  It got really intensified recently when I got a severe cold a month ago,  I couldn't stand up straight and I had to hold on to things, I was just spinning!!  I've had many colds in my life, but none of them produced dizziness like that, which convinces me that this is withdrawal related, oh yeah..  Hope you feel better soon, let's hit 13-month mark and then continue to get better!  ;)

Im at 8 months and the dizziness is the worse.

I feel as if I'm walking across a trampoline.

And then an elevator dropping!

It does! Also feels like I just got done blowing up a bunch of balloons.

I did a two year taper out of necessity. I was fast tapered early on and reinstated, so i went through acute . It took 5 months to stabilize. Now I am in a wave after having my life back to normal. I am back housebound mostly. Some small windows starting. I am grateful for what I can do

14+ here

Sometimes S.O.B

broken sleep (this is my main)...

Afternoon crash (have to nap)

cant handle really tough stress

Hi KIERKEN01,

I'm close to 13 months out too, by the way, congratulations on your achievement!  Yes, the dizziness is still an issue for me also at almost 13 months out.  It comes and goes for no apparent reason, but I never had it prior to benzo withdrawal.  It is benzos, trust me.  It got really intensified recently when I got a severe cold a month ago,  I couldn't stand up straight and I had to hold on to things, I was just spinning!!  I've had many colds in my life, but none of them produced dizziness like that, which convinces me that this is withdrawal related, oh yeah..  Hope you feel better soon, let's hit 13-month mark and then continue to get better!  ;)

Thank you! Looks like we got off around the same time. I thought this far out we would be nearly healed.. WRONG! Im in such a bad wave right now. None of my waves have been this bad. Its hard for me to even go to the store without feeing like I'm about to go into complete panic. I don't understand it. And yes, I totally understand that wave from having a simple cold. Its awful!

I’m just over 22 months out now and my symptoms are Depression anxiety depersonalization dizziness head pressure whole body tingling intense fear and hopelessness to name a few. Oh and crushing fatigue. The anxiety has gotten a little better but everything else is still quite intense. I had a 3 day window over memorial weekend but that has ended and I been thrown back into hell again. That was my first window since mid January.

I am at 15 months this week and I have a light tinnitus and maybe a little more sensitive to stress but I think I am good.  The tinnitus is much lighter, depression is gone for the most part, and just in the last month or so my mental faculties (memory, logic, etc have gotten a ton better).  Need to write a success story because I know how they help people.  Although I have felt good for a couple months now I still see improvements.  Emotions are coming stronger and cog function keeps getting better.  It was almost like I thought I was healed and then month to month it improves even more; almost like I forgot what it is like to be normal.

I hope this is encouraging to people out there.  Big turn at 7 months then improving waves and windows pattern after.  I also drank socially through out which i kind of regret.  Could have been 100% months ago.  Anyway, hang in there everyone.

First time i got off it was just anxiety and stuff like that. It kinda goes away and comes back. Just push through it.