Totally healed from Benzos

[Cu...]

Hi all!

Just wanted to write a quick success story here, because I know when I was going through the worst of my withdrawal symptoms/time, the success stories were what kept me going. It was hugely healing to hear that others had made it through.

I wasn't on benzos for long - only about 6 weeks or less - and my withdrawal symptoms lasted for about 9 months, all-in-all. It was a very, very tough time with some really, really dark moments and days. Totally lonely, totally uniquely my own experience, totally confusing. Totally scary.

Also, I learned SO MUCH during that time. I started meditating, and going to see an amazing counsellor. I began to read about, and study, Buddhism, which has opened up a lot of other really interesting doorways for me. But perhaps what the experience did the most for me is make me realize I am a strong person, way stronger than I had ever realized. I have a confidence that is totally grounded in my withdrawal story. I got through one of the toughest things I have ever lived. I can get through anything.

You will too!!!! Just keep remembering that there are so many of us who, when we had way more waves than windows, were reading these very stories thinking "sounds great, but that won't be me - I will feel like this forever" But guess what? It IS about you, too. You WON'T feel like this forever. You will, one day, be writing a success story to help support others, with a smile on your face and a gratitude for being alive that is palpable.

And if you don't quite believe that now, it's ok. I will believe it for you. And one day, you will, too.

Huge love to this amazing community that offers such an incredible resource for us all as we move through this journey.

Warmest to all,

Curiouz

[42...]
Congratulations  Curiouz  we learn lots from reading the posts on  this Board  thanks for sharing    :smitten:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thank you for sharing. How long did you take benzos? I am almost to six months and am in a huge wave the last two days. How did you feel at six months?/

I am after 8+ years.

The last few at 8mg a day with some days another 4, 8, 16mg a day for muscle cramps.

I was done with them after 6 weeks of 4 CT's.

Felt a little funny for a few months, but nothing that needed attention.

11 months now free with no known issues.