Remeron setback-Need help

[Bl...]

Hey everyone,

I was feeling stable and doing well with my taper. It took me awhile to stabilize on 40mg Valium after a failed rapid detox. I was doing good I got down to 36mg no problems.I even got to doseing 3 times a day compared to the 4 I was doing. I was so surprised and happy with very little withdrawals.

I have a  benzo wise doctor but of course all psych docs always fail me. He wanted to taper my remeron and switch to Zoloft because of my genetic testing. I stupidly agreed because remeron has been giving me some weight gain. I just don’t get why he would even suggest this during my benzo taper.

Within 2-3 days of dropping my remeron dose I went into terrible withdrawals. (Terrible panic attacks, fear of everything, tremors, extreme anxiety) So I just went back to the 30mg of remeron I was taking. My symptoms have not gone away and I feel exactly like I was during my rapid detox. I just don’t know what to do. I was already kindled too. Now it feels like I’m even more. Also the effects of Valium don’t seem to last that long in me. That’s why I was doseing 4 times a day but had no problem going to 3 until I tried to taper remeron. Now everything is screwed up and my symptoms are back. Sorry for the rant. Any advice would be great.

Thank you

BlueJay

Hi bluejay not too bright your doctor.l don't know how long you have been back to your original dose of remeron but l would imagine you would need to hold until things have settled down again.l think it is the only thing you can do.

Have you been back to your doctor? Is he prepared to prescribe your original dose again? I think you then just need to stick it out until you feel like you did before. I hope that's soon.

Have you been back to your doctor? Is he prepared to prescribe your original dose again? I think you then just need to stick it out until you feel like you did before. I hope that's soon.

Yea I’m back on my original remeron dose but I have a feeling things won’t go back to how they were. Something changed. Also he’s still pushing me to cut my benzo dose. I’m not really in charge of the taper which sucks I have to follow the Ashton schedule. I don’t know what to do. I finally had things going good for once. Was prepared to taper all the way I wasn’t even getting that bad of withdrawal. The remeron was really doing something to keep me calm. Thanks for the reply’s.

Different drugs metabolize in your body differently so if you take one drug away you can go into acute benzo withdrawal . It happened to me. I was on Ritalin and I C/T it and went into severe benzo withdrawal. I had not even started tapering benzos yet. Since you went back on your original drug you will probably stabilize in time. You just have to ride it out. Stay as stable as you can with the time of day you dose etc and hopefully your body will stabilize soon. Do not taper your antidepressant until about 6 months after you finish your benzo taper.  Doctors think they know but they don;t.