Extreme muscle rigidity

[Ye...]

Hope I am not alone in this, though I wouldn't want anyone to ever go through this!

Lately I have been experiencing extreme muscle rigidity. It almost feels like I'm stuck in whatever position I am in and it take some effort to move any part of my body, or even to speak. I had an onset that lasted roughly a hour. It was pretty damn scary as well as very odd! I've also waken up a hour after going to sleep only to feel like I had extreme muscle fatigue. My body felt like I was on Jupiter, weighing 5x what it normally does. Definitely hard to move around and it lasted 2 hours. I'm totally freaked out. I went to the ER, blood and urine tests came back normal. I have an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow and I am hoping to get some answers.

I had a great taper, went from 1mg to .75mg clonazepam over 5 months. Ended up having severe diarrhea from the stomach flu. Low and behold 3+ days later I experienced extreme benzo withdrawl. I literally flushed out the meds when I was sick. I'm so damn sure of it.

unfortunately muscle rigidity is common during withdrawal, along with spasms, cramps, and muscle weakness.  If possible, consider starting a yoga/stretching routine before things get too stiff, since it can be hard to reverse this once your muscles get too locked.  Also, if this continues, you may want to slow down your taper a bit.

unfortunately muscle rigidity is common during withdrawal, along with spasms, cramps, and muscle weakness.  If possible, consider starting a yoga/stretching routine before things get too stiff, since it can be hard to reverse this once your muscles get too locked.  Also, if this continues, you may want to slow down your taper a bit.

Thank you for the reply. I'm glad they are a withdrawal symptom and nothing else.

I’ve got a lot of muscle problems including rigidityin parts of my body.

I also have the heavy feeling - have had it for decades and thought it was ME/CFS but maybe it is from Benzos or sleeping pills.