Dry cutting Xanax looking for buddies

[Bn...]

Hi there. I came in here in January I think. I needed help. And a plan. I found a lady in here that was tapering from 6 mgs of Xanax dry cutting. She’s off now. I’m curious if there are any high dose Xanax users tapering. I had found a couple of people tot talk to but lost them. Xanax high dose long term folks trying to taper. Looking for ya.

Kristin

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Lo...]

• [Bn...]

• [to...]

• [Ar...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kristin,

How are you doing with the 25% cuts so far?...............I'm on 1.5mg at bedtime 3 years, sometimes 1/34 a day and want to do a 25% taper.

I got on this crap being a caregiver,(mom with dementia) for sleep and for the last year I've had all kinds of inter dose side effects and found this place.

Gastro stuff, muscle twitches, earaches, etc............I think you get the picture.

I know all benzo's are in the same family but in my humble opinion, Xanax(from what I've read) is the worst to get off of.

Continued success in your taper and hope the symptoms/side effects are minimal.

ps. I know I'm considered a low dose, but I hope you don't mind chatting anyway.

Kristen looking at your schedule and you are doing wonderful. A little quicker than me I think I am going super slow and now on a long hold. The Xanax has been such a habit four times a day - I have it set on my phone when to take - it’s going to be hard for me to stop taking them four times a day. Might be a mental thing I don’t know. Also fear of having bad panic attacks at work. I have a fairly high stress hospitality management job and losing it not an option.

Some days hard to remember why I started cutting, my dr will give me whatever I need. Need to go back and read my own first posts lol

Good luck Kristen your doing 👍 great 👍

My cuts are ok. My Xanax dosing schedule the entire time was truly as needed. But I took that stuff every day. My largest issue was this. I know I didn’t take it the entire time until the last two years. I know I took my first 2 mg bar at 4pm daily. I found that strange. Then I took 2 2mg bars at bedtime. Yep that was my schedule. It didn’t seem stupid or crazy to me then but it does now. So I’m cutting s bit rapidly. Today I am cutting.25 and I’m nervous. I will be at 2.75 mgs. I hate talking symptoms but I’ll try.

I have head fullness. Not so bad just like a stuffy head combined with that preheadache feeling.

I am using medical marijuana legally so that is helping me. I hope to not be judged for my honesty. It helps me get some sleep. I’m getting about 5 hours a night sometimes less sometimes more. Not much more though

My muscles twitch and jerk but only when the cut is still hurting me. I haven’t had that for a couple of nights.

I’m confused I feel like my brain is strained. Not horrible it feels like it’s healing. I do lose words now. If I’m anxious

Dealing with some physical anxiety

I have had diarrhea the whole time or I would use magnesium for muscle issues

I eat to much st night normally I’m nauseous all day at night the munchies might happen. This is going away

I feel like tinnitus isn’t a strong enough word. Lol. And I hear the hum. Look that up. Its a thing although my husband swears he hears it too.

I so desperately want off. I have lost 20 years to this. I have more symptoms. Nothing that is bothering me so bad I can’t stand it. I’m going to lunch with two friends today.

Keep in touch. Big or little doses. Doesn’t matter. Xanax is a common thing. Let’s do this. Lol

Thanks

Kristin

Oh two things. I’m super lucky I don’t have to work. You workers. You are awesome. I do not know how you do that. You are amazing. I had to set a timer on my phone as prior to beginning my taper I spread my doses out to 4 times a day it help stabilize me. Thanks. I forget to take my Xanax. Even though it’s all I think about because I’m clenching my jaw or something.

Thanks seakingpeace. You rock!!!  Working through this taper sounds horrible. I think holding is good.

Kristin

Ok. I decided to cut today. Gives me some anxiety. I feel like my own lab rat. I made a doctor appointment with my primary for tomorrow. We do bi weekly check ins and he gives me meds. Anyway. I was freaked out by this one. But I will hold next week if it hurts. Because I want off this so badly. And I feel almost allergic to the drug. I’ve decided to cut .25 until I get to 2 mgs. I do not know if I can do this. I’ll be under doctor supervision. I will then do .125 cuts after that.

Kristin

I know it’s aggressive. I will hold. I will NOT UPDOSE.

So I am going to attempt to stay on this string for the remainder of my taper.  I have a question about  brands.  Last time I refilled my .50 size meds changed brands.  I do think the previous brand was a bit stronger, but  I am  unsure if  this should really have a noticeable  affect.  Who knows about this?  My original .50 xanax were like an orange my new ones are yellow. 

I came from my 2 mgs stick that were white so I don't know anything.

Thanks so  much

Kristin

:)I am trying. And your stories are so helpful. I am 4 days into the cut from .75 to .50 and it has been brutal. Can't eat. Can't  sleep. Constant palpitations and anxiety through the roof. Going to stay at this level until stability arrives. Then after that might have to taper slower. Maybe to .40, but if I do I don't think I can dry cut accurately. Anyone with similar symptoms?

I am dry cutting as well. I bought a new cutter at CVS. It's a razor cut. I tried the liquid PG and water. I'm glad if that works for you. But I see the dry cut for me as the best way to go. I can do a pretty good .25 on a round 2mg Xanax. Then when I get my .25 pill I can half it to .12 and even cut to .06 and .03  . . .Probably put on some reading glasses.  8)

I am dry cutting as well. I bought a new cutter at CVS. It's a razor cut. I tried the liquid PG and water. I'm glad if that works for you. But I see the dry cut for me as the best way to go. I can do a pretty good .25 on a round 2mg Xanax. Then when I get my .25 pill I can half it to .12 and even cut to .06 and .03  . . .Probably put on some reading glasses.  8)

Great idea about the cutter. I was just crackING them. Maybe I will just stick with dry. Had to go back to .75 and hold until I stabilize.

Hi there. I came in here in January I think. I needed help. And a plan. I found a lady in here that was tapering from 6 mgs of Xanax dry cutting. She’s off now. I’m curious if there are any high dose Xanax users tapering. I had found a couple of people tot talk to but lost them. Xanax high dose long term folks trying to taper. Looking for ya.

Kristin

Hi Kristin!  You haven't lost me!  :)  I simply had to wait a bit.  I was also out of town and didn't bring my laptop.  You are doing great!  Hang in there!  I did post on the other thread last night.

Will catch up soon!  Still hanging on at 4 mgs.  Hoping to make a cut next week.  Fingers crossed!

Lori

Hi Kristen you are doing great!  I tried the medical marijuana years ago in hopes I could rid myself of the anxiety and it did not work for me at that time. Now I live in a state where it is not legal, so not an option. If it becomes medically legal here I would certainly be interested  in trying an oil.

I am feeling more positive about this process this week. The long hold helped me. I cut a quarter of a .25 last week, planning on cutting another quarter .25 next week. Basically same schedule just a little longer hold time.

I feel you on the med marijuana. It’s such an individual thing. I think you are still doing great. You are inspiring me.

Thanks for continuing to post.

Kristin

Hello,

I'm also dry cutting Xanax, and today has been a rough day, I want this drug out my system so bad I went too fast

on my taper, I started @ 6mg of Xanax and for some reason I was able to cut very rapidly down to 4mg without too

many problems, typical symptoms nothing too harsh, however now that I'm trying to get under 4mg its been very difficult,

I started on 5/1/18 and here is where I'm at:

5/1/2018 6mg

5/8/2018 5.5mg

5/15/2018 5.0mg

5/22/2018 4.5mg

5/29/2018 4mg

6/4/2018 3.5mg

6/6/2018 3mg (VERY POOR JUDGEMENT)

So today I plan on going back to 3.5mg and staying here for at least two weeks, since I had a very bad wave this morning by

tapering too fast, I won't go into too much detail to keep things positive on the board, however I was NOT doing well this morning at

5:30 am, however I'm alive and I will continue to fight until I get this out of my system and Life, I've already noticed moments of clarity

like a rebirth, they don't last long however it gives me encouragement that I can beat this, I have to fly to California on business next week

and this will be my biggest test, however this test will be at 3.5mg, when I return I plan on cutting to 3.25mg the week of 6/25.

God Bless ALL of you for your strength, Nothing can stop us from getting our Lives back in order.

Tozz

I just started tapering in February 2018 at 6 mgs.  I to am going kind fast.  I am parked and holding at 2.5 mgs.  My last  cut was rough.  I have like  allergies symptoms but I do think it is withdrawal..

Been on xanax a long time.  I also want off bad. 

I am  travelling this week too.  Holding week.

Good luck stay in touch.

Kristin

Hello,

I'm also dry cutting Xanax, and today has been a rough day, I want this drug out my system so bad I went too fast

on my taper, I started @ 6mg of Xanax and for some reason I was able to cut very rapidly down to 4mg without too

many problems, typical symptoms nothing too harsh, however now that I'm trying to get under 4mg its been very difficult,

5/1/2018 6mg

5/8/2018 5.5mg

5/15/2018 5.0mg

5/22/2018 4.5mg

5/29/2018 4mg

6/4/2018 3.5mg

So today I plan on going back to 3.5mg and staying here for at least two weeks, since I had a very bad wave this morning by

tapering too fast, I won't go into too much detail to keep things positive on the board, however I was NOT doing well this morning at

5:30 am, however I'm alive and I will continue to fight until I get this out of my system and Life, I've already noticed moments of clarity

like a rebirth, they don't last long however it gives me encouragement that I can beat this, I have to fly to California on business next week

and this will be my biggest test, however this test will be at 3.5mg, when I return I plan on cutting to 3.25mg the week of 6/25.

God Bless ALL of you for your strength, Nothing can stop us from getting our Lives back in order.

Hang in there!  You're doing GREAT!  Side effects are a given. However, don't loose faith.  You've come this far... if you have to hold, then so be it.  But by all means, feel good about yourself for how far you have come.  We're all in this together!  We'll survive... sometimes it feels like we barely will but we will!  Keep on keeping on!  You got this!  :)

Lori

I feel you on the med marijuana. It’s such an individual thing. I think you are still doing great. You are inspiring me.

Thanks for continuing to post.

Kristin

Kristin, I still am in awe of how far you've come in such a short period of time!  Please keep us posted!  And yes, I am going to look into the LEGAL CBD oil. My doctor is willing to try anything that is legal to try to help me through this horrible process.  Will keep you all posted.  Much love to all who are dealing with the dreadful taper!

Lori

Hi Lori

I’m so happy you are still posting. I’m so hoping you get to cut again in a few days. Just remember. It sucks for about two days and it alleviates.

My last cut either gave me allergies. Lol. I believe we are just weak when we cut. Anyway. It seems like allergies. Gonna push though. I’m on my first long hold for a long road trip. Leaving tomorrow.

Tozz - as much as I want off too. I wouldnt. do the .50 mg cuts. Xanax is so strong and .50 is a lot. That’s me though

Joy - welcome to the Xanax club. Let’s get out together. Lol

Jacob - welcome to dry tapering Xanax.

Let’s get off this Xanax. I’m ready. Holding today for a road trip.

I know I am tapering from less and been on it less but this thread is giving me hope! I plan on tapering, I tried cutting .25mg to get to .75mg but I couldn't do it. I'm going to go smaller next time. You guys are awesome. I'm super scared of withdrawal symptoms.

My sister works for a company that sells CBD oil. I don't know how or if it works for withdrawal symptoms but it has done a lot for people with migraines, anxiety and other things. I think I will be trying soon. I will let you know how it goes...

Welcome to our group. I use medicinal marijuana. You can do this.

Keep checking on the boards. Good luck.

Hello,

I'm not on super high dose - 2mg was my highest ( but for years and years)  and I'm way down now to around .3.  I honestly thought that would never be possible for me but I did it, all on my own, with xanax,  all dry cutting. I'm letting you know, hoping that this might give you some hope.  I say "around" .3 because  I find it really hard with the .25 tabs.  Im trying to do .25 plus a quarter of a .25 and to get it right is iffy at best. In my experience, it gets harder to make cuts the smaller the dose.  I have the CVS cutter but still tough for me. I always think of going to liquid but never do - same with the gram scale. At some point I might have no choice.  I usually don't post so I hope this goes out to everyone on the thread.  I think it's important to have a thread for those of us on xanax - especially xanax and dry cutting.

Hello,

5/1/2018 6mg

5/8/2018 5.5mg

5/15/2018 5.0mg

5/22/2018 4.5mg

5/29/2018 4mg

6/4/2018 3.5mg

Hang in there!  You're doing GREAT!  Side effects are a given. However, don't loose faith.  You've come this far... if you have to hold, then so be it.  But by all means, feel good about yourself for how far you have come.  We're all in this together!  We'll survive... sometimes it feels like we barely will but we will!  Keep on keeping on!  You got this!  :)

Lori

Hi Lori,

Thank You for the encouragement we all need it,its greatly appreciated, it seems like a long road back to a life free from

Xanax, I'll be here until I beat this, I want off this NOW, however its just not that simple, so we will taper off together :)

Kindest Regards

Tozz

Just a little encouragement post for those of you dry cutting Xanax. That's how I tapered and got off of them. I wasn't ever on a very high dose, but tolerance withdrawal did me in. I was afraid of not tolerating Valium so I didn't crossover. I was also concerned with getting a liquid titration wrong, so I decided to just dry cut. My schedule is in my signature and thankfully the lower in dose I got, the better I felt. I am now 4 weeks/1 day away from my jump and I'm still glad that I cut that way.

A lot of the anxiety about cutting is definitely mental.

I found a good pill cutter at Rite Aid and found that the rounds were a LOT easier to cut. The ovals were a lot trickier...I know you won't have that issue until you reach the .25mg pills.

Good luck to you guys!