A little help please

[Bu...]

Hi guys, a little help please. I'm a very short term user. Been on 1mg Lorazepam for 5wks for anxiety! I've reduced to 0.5mg 6 days ago. What shall l do now? Reduce to 0.25 or go for it and just stop? Had a few side effects the last couple of days. Don't know what to do!! Thank you x

Hi guys, a little help please. I'm a very short term user. Been on 1mg Lorazepam for 5wks for anxiety! I've reduced to 0.5mg 6 days ago. What shall l do now? Reduce to 0.25 or go for it and just stop? Had a few side effects the last couple of days. Don't know what to do!! Thank you x

I'm no expert Bunty, but just to really try not to have bad w/d's, stay on that .5 another week, then .25 for 2 weeks, see how you feel, and jump then.  Everyone one is different, u might could jump now and do fine, but u might also set off a bad wave.  Totally not worth it.  Just a suggestion  :)

If it were me, after five weeks of use I'd try to get off as quickly as possible to avoid becoming dependent.  I would go ahead with the next cut to .25mg and hold it for about three to five days.  I would expect some mild to moderate symptoms after five weeks of use.

If it were me, after five weeks of use I'd try to get off as quickly as possible to avoid becoming dependent.  I would go ahead with the next cut to .25mg and hold it for about three to five days.  I would expect some mild to moderate symptoms after five weeks of use.

[/quote

That's why she's the expert and also taught me something, thanks Challis :)

I definitely agree with this!