Feeling awful. Doing it all wrong

[Be...]

I am new to all this and finally realizing that I’m doing this all

Wrong. I posted an introduction a few days ago to tell a little about my story. I have yet to do my signature. Anyway, I’ve been on Ativan for about 30 years. Initially only for sleep .5 mg. About 7 years ago because of bad tinnitus I was increased to 1 mg at bedtime and then .5 twice a day. I only did that for a a week and then went back to my nighttime dose of 1mg only. My psychiatrist used this same scenario every time I ran into a difficult and stressful Life situation. She retired a few years ago and j got bounced around in an agency counseling facility. I probably saw 4 different psychiatrists and all prescribed the same Ativan dosage. About 6 months ago I found a dr that accepts my insurance and is not in the agency. He tried TMS to help with my depression as I can’t tolerate antidepressants. That didn’t work out to well as it gave me worse headaches and made me feel weird and jittery by the last treatment so I stopped. This new psychiatrist confirmed that I was severely anxious and needed thantican. He put me on the same dosage. I never felt comfortable with it so never really did the second  afternoon dosage. I had just completed a steroid taper that took 3 months and during that time might have faked the second afternoon dose.

It’s all so confusing but about a month ago I started to take less Ativan and strydd to have a lot of symptoms. Rapid heart to about 130, more fatigue, more tension headaches, problems with sleep, Waking up in a panic. Once I realized what was going on I called he psychiatrist office and explained to the nurse that I wanted to taper down as I felt these symptoms were related to the Ativan. I had an appointment with the psychiatrist last week that had to be cancelled because of jnnpatient admission for migraine. While I was there I did not receive my regular Ativan dosing. I had explained to the dr that I was weaning off but I was so loopy from

All the migraine meds that I didn’t give the Ativan issue much attention. By my second day there my legs became Weak. I could barely walk and it has gotten worse since. Once discharged from the hospital it became scary. One of the IV meds was lidocaine so perhaps that did me in too. Anyway, when I. Allows the asnswerjng service the discharge dr. called me back and told me to go to the ER. I don’t have an appointment to see the psychiatrist until

Tuesday night. I started taking .5 Ativan at bedtime about 3 nights ago and then .5 late morning. Today I woke with more muscle weakness in my highs now going to my calves. My arms are weak and I can see the muscles have atrophied. I’m so weak. I’ve spent the last few

days on the couch. My ER visit revealed nothing. Blood ok. Head ct ok. Back mri ok.

Dealing with fibromyalgia is a given but this is totally worse. I’m sure I’m not doing this right. I really don’t have a plan other than .5 at night and then .5 around 11am. I keep

Thinking this will be over soon. But that’s not the case. I’m tired of waiting around for a doctor to help me. My psychiatrist appointment is still 5 days away. I called my primary care and am

Waiting for a call back. This is scary. I need help. Can that small

Amount of Ativan wreak so much horror? I guess the answer is yes. Any ideas on what I should be doing. I’m

Probably approaching this all

Wrong.

• 1 month later...

Wrong. I posted an introduction a few days ago to tell a little about my story. I have yet to do my signature. Anyway, I’ve been on Ativan for about 30 years. Initially only for sleep .5 mg. About 7 years ago because of bad tinnitus I was increased to 1 mg at bedtime and then .5 twice a day. I only did that for a a week and then went back to my nighttime dose of 1mg only. My psychiatrist used this same scenario every time I ran into a difficult and stressful Life situation. She retired a few years ago and j got bounced around in an agency counseling facility. I probably saw 4 different psychiatrists and all prescribed the same Ativan dosage. About 6 months ago I found a dr that accepts my insurance and is not in the agency. He tried TMS to help with my depression as I can’t tolerate antidepressants. That didn’t work out to well as it gave me worse headaches and made me feel weird and jittery by the last treatment so I stopped. This new psychiatrist confirmed that I was severely anxious and needed thantican. He put me on the same dosage. I never felt comfortable with it so never really did the second  afternoon dosage. I had just completed a steroid taper that took 3 months and during that time might have faked the second afternoon dose.

It’s all so confusing but about a month ago I started to take less Ativan and strydd to have a lot of symptoms. Rapid heart to about 130, more fatigue, more tension headaches, problems with sleep, Waking up in a panic. Once I realized what was going on I called he psychiatrist office and explained to the nurse that I wanted to taper down as I felt these symptoms were related to the Ativan. I had an appointment with the psychiatrist last week that had to be cancelled because of jnnpatient admission for migraine. While I was there I did not receive my regular Ativan dosing. I had explained to the dr that I was weaning off but I was so loopy from

All the migraine meds that I didn’t give the Ativan issue much attention. By my second day there my legs became Weak. I could barely walk and it has gotten worse since. Once discharged from the hospital it became scary. One of the IV meds was lidocaine so perhaps that did me in too. Anyway, when I. Allows the asnswerjng service the discharge dr. called me back and told me to go to the ER. I don’t have an appointment to see the psychiatrist until

Tuesday night. I started taking .5 Ativan at bedtime about 3 nights ago and then .5 late morning. Today I woke with more muscle weakness in my highs now going to my calves. My arms are weak and I can see the muscles have atrophied. I’m so weak. I’ve spent the last few

days on the couch. My ER visit revealed nothing. Blood ok. Head ct ok. Back mri ok.

Dealing with fibromyalgia is a given but this is totally worse. I’m sure I’m not doing this right. I really don’t have a plan other than .5 at night and then .5 around 11am. I keep

Thinking this will be over soon. But that’s not the case. I’m tired of waiting around for a doctor to help me. My psychiatrist appointment is still 5 days away. I called my primary care and am

Amount of Ativan wreak so much horror? I guess the answer is yes. Any ideas on what I should be doing. I’m

Wrong.

I am on different meds and for different reasons. And my newness here makes me most unqualified to give advice. Yet, I do wish to validate that I'm going through that," I'm doing this all wrong feeling as well'.

Keep rephrasing your questions, ask shorter ones, wait a little, and ask again. I look at the number of read vs. number of replies on the few boards I'm exploring and know from that, that no one has all, some ,or the one answer that we may need at the time we want it, but it will come; something will click. So, don't give up.

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong. I posted an introduction a few days ago to tell a little about my story. I have yet to do my signature. Anyway, I’ve been on Ativan for about 20 years. Initially only for sleep .5 mg. About 7 years ago because of bad tinnitus I was increased to 1 mg at bedtime and then .5 twice a day. I only did that for a a week and then went back to my nighttime dose of 1mg only. My psychiatrist used this same scenario every time I ran into a difficult and stressful Life situation. She retired a few years ago and j got bounced around in an agency counseling facility. I probably saw 4 different psychiatrists and all prescribed the same Ativan dosage. About 6 months ago I found a dr that accepts my insurance and is not in the agency. He tried TMS to help with my depression as I can’t tolerate antidepressants. That didn’t work out to well as it gave me worse headaches and made me feel weird and jittery by the last treatment so I stopped. This new psychiatrist confirmed that I was severely anxious and needed thantican. He put me on the same dosage. I never felt comfortable with it so never really did the second  afternoon dosage. I had just completed a steroid taper that took 3 months and during that time might have faked the second afternoon dose.

Wrong.