Floxed?

[DB...]

I have been benzo free for just short of 4 months. Is it possible to be floxed after that long?  Does anyone know what the symptoms of getting floxed are? I'm taking ciprodex with steroid for a hole in the ear drum and an infection.

What has happen is 4.5 hours after 4 drops in my ear I got a slight fever and a hot flash that lasted about 1.5 hours. The second 4 drops this morning, 5.5 hours later slight fever and hot flash again. I spoke with the pharmacist and Dr and neither heard of that reaction before.

Hello DB1070-

I was unknowingly "floxed" with Cipro poison in 2006 (5 years prior to my CT/taper). ! was given Cipro for 10 days for a bronchial infection. After 4 or 5 days my legs felt like they were in fire. This burning has been with me ever since 2006. It lessened after a few months of taking it. ThenI got off of benzo 6 years later and  it returned full bore. I believe the benzo was actually masking the nerve pain while I was on it. Now the burning  is to a much lesser degree, & seems to only increase in intensity when I get stressed out to the max. So I still have nerve damage... :tickedoff: if I were you I would stop taking that crap & find an alternative, why even take a chance  ???

I did stop and my Dr gave me another one that's not a quinolone type.

Were you on benzos at the time you took the cipro? Thanks

I did stop and my Dr gave me another one that's not a quinolone type.

Were you on benzos at the time you took the cipro? Thanks

Glad to hear you are not taking the cipro  :thumbsup:

I was on benzo for 12 years prior to Cipro.