New SX or not?

[Sa...]

Hi everyone,

Scared out of my mind right now!! I've been ok all day, then all of the sudden out of nowhere I start having muscle spasms in left shoulder close to my neck!!

This has me in an uproar.

Could this be a wd sx because of my latest cut?

I have read on the boards that some people do have this. Is there anthing I can do? I have physical therpy tomorrow, was suppose to go today but needed to take care of a few things after work.

Thanks  :'( :'(

Yes, Sadoneme, mine aching in shoulders up into my head moving to the back of my head.  Could hardly move my neck last week.  It is not exactly spasms, more ache, pain.  I'm pretty sure it's WD, or perhaps I have been tensing my neck and shoulders too much because of stress.  I have noticed that my shoulders are very tight and I rise them, which sounds like stress tension to me. 

I don't think you need to worry about it Saoneone and mine came out of the blue too. 

Dee

I believe this can absolutely happen. We carry so much tension in our neck, jaw and shoulders that a spasm is nature's way of perhaps ridding the area of lactic acid. Just a thought. Are your arms low enough when you are on the computer? I say this because my son is in IT and he says if you spend any appreciable amount of time on a keyboard that forces your shoulders to hike up, it is bad news. Try a hot compress and some gentle kneading. I use a soup can on tight shoulders.  Sounds goofy but it works.

It's withdrawal, muscle spasms can be very annoying, but it will settle.  Unfortunately not much can be done about it, except give it time, it's CNS related, not electrolyte related. 

Thanks everyone for replying  :smitten:

It eased up a bit later last night.

I have Physical therapy this evening. They have in the past mention to me about hiking my shoulders up.

It's hard for me to relax, they can also tell that I'm really tensed.

Thanks again everyone  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

You can make a microwavable heating pack by pouring about 2-3 pounds of dry white rice in a long sock and tying it closed.  A couple of minutes in the microwave will keep it warm for about 20 minutes and can be draped around your neck.