Adrenaline rush and flushing/burning face?

[co...]

This is horrible for me, has anyone had this and have it go away?

The flush/burn is so incredibly painful and the adrenaline feeling is awful, like my chest if physically bursting with panic. I feel the adrenaline first and that seems to push this flush through my skin where it's physically hot to touch and very red. Complete physical and mental torture. Face also flushes painfully with heat exposure, activity, "normal" stress, etc. but that is different than the burn that rises from the adrenaline rushes. It can last 30 minutes to hours on end. 

The only thing that seems to help the rushing adrenaline when it starts is if I go for a walk at night if the weather is not too hot or cold and the neighbourhood is quiet. I can't do that during the day, the light and heat and activity around me all make the burning more unbearable.

Someone please tell me that they had this and that it subsided at some point. I'm down to 1mg Valium per night, following the Ashton manual schedule (give or take an extra week here or there, when I need to stay on a dose longer than 2 weeks.) Began 1 year and 4 months ago. I think I will try and cut these pills and make a .5mg dose instead of jumping off after 1mg.

EDIT: I am a woman, but too young (at 29) for menopause and its accompanied "hot flashes."

This is my 2nd benzo WD in 10 years.  Yes I was stupid enough to make the mistake again... Anyway it is something I had the first time, as well as this time.  It comes and goes day to day.  Somedays I will get the surge and the burning,  somedays just the burning.  Sometimes it lasts all day,  but all of this horror does go away.  It's so horrible what Benzos do to our minds and bodies, but what is worse is the time it takes to repair and the non linear healing.  You never know what to expect day to day.  Anyway, you will make it through this,  I made it through it once, and I will make it through it again.  If you don't believe in God,  you will once you are healed,  if you do believe in God ( what ever that god may be )  he / she / it  is there with you in this, as are all of us.  There are so many of us out there struggling everyday,  yet we all feel so very alone.  The one thing I know is true,  the more we focus on our symptoms, the stronger the symptoms are. 

Stay strong.  Pain remembered is nothing like pain experienced,  and someday this will all just be a memory.

Hi Comman One! I get all of the symptoms you described. They are awful. Mine come and go, but I never know when they are going to come! You are almost finished. Good for you. I’m just under 2 mgs of Valium. I wish you the very best! :thumbsup:

Thank you both for responding.

I'm sorry that you also have to deal with this awful symptom (it is, BY FAR, the worst symptom I experience; just absolutely torturous) but it does help to know that it somehow 'makes sense' in that it's related to withdrawal, which makes it easier to trust that it will go away as our bodies heal.

I've just hit 1mg Valium too common one and am going to hold for a while.  Too much for the unit unit, and need the respite.

I am going to embark on an liquid titration regime by following step by step instructions from Jim Hawke.  He is very skilled in this stuff, and thankfully patient.

For your interest only, not as a recommendation, (we all find our own way) you will find his instructions to me under my thread entitled "Earache", as at the time was trying to find information on problems with ears, which can also be a symptom of WD.

Dee

By the way, how annoying that 2mg is the smallest Valium pill they make! If there were 1mg and .5mg pills it would make things so much easier. I've been cutting 2mg pills into halves to make my current dose, but it would be difficult to accurately split an already halved pill (to make .5mg) without it crumbling into powder.

It's ridiculous that smaller sized pills aren't produced SPECIFICALLY for tapering, and really speaks to the complacent nature by which these drugs are manufactured and distributed, and misunderstood by those who prescribe them. What a complete lack of awareness all around, in the face of such devastating potency.