Tachycardia 2x in 3 days, reassurance desperately needed.

[Jo...]

Please if any of you have experienced tachycardia or rapid heart rate in taper would you let me know today? I had a 20-minute episode on the 21st of May and another one today! They are self limiting and seem to wind down of their own accord after 15 to 20 minutes. My max out rate was 140 beats per minute And it sure felt like my blood pressure was high too. Are there any benzo buddies out there who have experienced intermittent rapid heart rate problems? I am an anxious person by nature and I did have atrial benign ectopic beats even before I started taking Xanax. But this fast burst is a new thing.....Please can anyone relate to this specific symptom? I'm a nervous wreck.

Yup!

I had lots of tachycardia and BP spikes when I first started tapering.

I think they are a “normal “ sxs of this whole thing— and you may want to talk to your doc if they concern you

I found that when I learned to relax into the sxs they were pretty self limiting.

Scary in the beginning though!

😳

SS

Yes, Joyatlast. 

Have had intermittant rapid heart beat during withdrawal, it can be very unnerving.  My BP has also been affected, never had high BP before WD.  From what I can gather rapid heart beat is a very common symptom during WD. 

I am now on BP meds which don't seem to be agreeing with me and am seeing the doctor today to discuss.  She won't believe it's WD, what else is new? 

Might be a good idea to see the doctor to have your heart checked and also your BP.  It will put your mind at ease.  It is the fluctuating BP that concerns me the most and am more than prepared to take meds to control it, just got to find a suitable med. 

All of my very best Joyatlast.

Dee

Thank you both so very much! I do take such calming reassurance from knowing that others have gone through similar situations. As I am over 60, it is super sxary. I have worn a Holter monitor and I have had an echocardiogram and my cardiologist has only told me that I have benign premature atrial contractions with just a few premature ventricular contractions. But this tachycardia thing just came out of the blue!!!!! My max out on Xanax was 3 mg per day in January 2018 and over time at the present I have cut to .75 mg per day. Again thank you so much for your reassurance. I will try to remain calm and breathe in a way that will not promote hyperventilating. May God bless us all on our Journey. :thumbsup:

Yup--I think this is standard, and I had intermittent bouts of this for several months during my taper.  Even had a holter test done--results were negative. Don't worry--this goes away with time.

Had even before tapering when in tolerance, atrial and ventricular. Told me 4 ventricular was all I could have without having more work up. I had 4 of course.... Agree they are terrifying. Please make sure your potassium and magnesium are sufficient and in balance as I found my potassium was always low so they supplement me which has helped.  I also breathe 7 breaths, hold 6 and breathe out 8 and they slow some after about 15 min of this.  I feel for you as it is one of my most dreaded symptoms besides dizzies. Hang in there, sounds like you are normal for this lovely journey, hugs, suzuka9

Almost forgot, also splash cold water on face, cough and get the Vagal nerve involved by bearing down as if having bm.  Sorry bout the last one but drs told me all these.  I am 64 so I hear you.  Just know they will pass but cold water, ice, cold drink of water seem to hit the vagal nerve too.  Hang in there sweetie, suzuka9

Increased blood pressure and heart rate are pretty common, but as Dee said, it's always a good idea to let your doctor know.  I also have a history of ectopic beats.  I had lots of PVCs and runs of fast heartbeats, so I had a full heart eval after my taper ended.  All was well, and the relief was worth the trip to the cardiologist.

:smitten:

Oh my gosh I love you guys for taking the time to share.  :smitten: thank you from the bottom of my rapidly beating heart. I will try all suggestions and try to keep front and center that our collective experience will only make us stronger, more appreciative of the little things, and fill us with gratitude for each dawn. Xanax took a great many years from me, but I will not allow it to take my hope away. I send hugs to each of you for your kindness and openness during this journey. Your reassuring words have hit home.