So very weak

[Su...]

I have just

started my 6th month from CT. I seem to be getting worse not better. The first 4-5 were really more mental than physical. Anxiety, panic, fear. Then physical symptoms set in. Head fullness, DP/DR, tinnitus, headaches.

But now, intense physical weakness, in 2 weeks I have gone from being able to shop, take walks, cook meals to completely bedridden. I have no appetite, not enough energy to fix anything to eat. I don’t even have the physical energy to shower. I have never ever been this weak in my life. I keep losing weight at such a rapid pace and I don’t have it to spare.

This doesn’t seem right. I thought we start to get better the further we go. That’s what everyone says, hang in there, it will get better the further out you get, right? It seems to be the opposite for me. Is this how it goes when you are headed to protracted? Is this where our paths separate? Healed starts to get better. Protracted starts to get worse. I feel so near death. Before this, I would already be at the ER. but what can they do for me now?

I have been strong, so strong. I still only get 3 hours sleep most nights. How do I keep going. Are we sure no one dies doing this? Are we sure? I really, really need some advice. At what point is the cure worse than the disease?

Hi Su,

Have you seen your doctor about this? We are as prone to other conditions during recovery as any other time...it’s always best to be checked out by a doctor when something new happens...not everything is withdrawal.

Hoping you find answers and start feeling better.

Challis :smitten:

I'm almost 18 months and five weeks ago went into a wave of weakness I could barely hold my head up and have been bedridden for five weeks now. I've been to the er and had nuerologist tests as well and all three drs said see a psychiatrist.

Although, all symptoms are terrible, weakness is the worst. Have barely been able to take care of myself, or my own home. Shower, has also been very difficult. But, the weakness has gotten better, and I'm no longer bedside. It takes time, far too long! I look forward to, when we can be up, and live a normal life. :)

i think if you read most of the success stories - we all say that acute was tough but that there were waves that came after it that were actually worse.  so - its pretty normal.  i was a size 2 and became a size negative 0 - a total skeleton - through the first 5 months.  the body is in a catabolic state.......

take a look at my success story and see if you can pull anything out that is useful.  look through all the exchanges that follow it where people asked me about my vitamins and daily food plan.  withdrawal gets really rough...... much worse than anything we could ever imagine and i've still never found words that adequately describe how bad it is...... but it does get better - despite no signs of healing - it is happening the longer your body is free of these meds.......

Ssr1975 that's what I was wondering. There's been three waves I have had and am currently in now that make me miss acute. This one now that started at 16 1/2 months to now has been longer and so horrific I've feared for my life for five weeks now.

I am in a bad wave for the past month after a very stressful situation and too much intense exercise. I pretty much crashed. I was walking 5 miles a day and doing my life and now I am mostly housebound. There have been moments of pure exhaustion. Note I was much better and improving for the past year. These setbacks do happen.

I was so scared yesterday. I took a 4 hr nap and when I woke up the fatigue I felt was the worst ever. I could barely get up. I started walking around and drank some water. I felt a little better. I took an Uber to Urgent care where they ran blood tests and EKG. All normal. I was diagnosed with palpitations.

Don't get too scared. This is more than likely benzo withdrawal. I have read many people who have had this happen to them. I thought I was going to Die so many times since I started this journey. I am here.

You will be fine too. This is no picnic. getting tested by a doctor may bring some temporary relief once you get the all clear.