Realistic taper duration for .80 Klonopin?

[ar...]

Hi

I was on 6mg diazepam July ‘17-end Jan 18’ when I ended up on 1mg Klonopin due to akathisia. Big regret. I’ve tapered to .80 since March.

I’ve used the taper planner on here with all sorts of variations and was hoping I’d get off next year. But I’ve been told two years is probably more realistic. This is freaking me out.

Have been in wd for a year already due to cts, I’ve got the k and then 2 other drugs to get off and I’m so scared the benzo alone is going to take so long.

[64...]

It takes as long as it takes.  There's no rushing it.  If you're doing well with your cuts, then you can accelerate your cuts a little.  Maybe it won't take a year.  Maybe it will.  The goal is to successfully withdraw.  Listening to your body is more important than keeping to a timetable.

fwiw - I emerged from this little experience a much more patient person than when I started.

Thank you badsocref.

But it might not take two years?

I’ve got akathisia constantly and so I’ve no idea if that’ll get severe during this, it’s from polydrugging and cts on top and no doubt still being on too many drugs.

I just get so scared! I’m housebound for a year and suffered greatly already because of cts last year plus I have CFS pre existing.

I learned patience suffering from CFS and this whole experience was sort of thrust upon me last year, wasn’t even on benzos a year ago.

My patience with this gets tested as I feel so trapped.

My recent cut of 5% was a week ago and not really feeling a big increase in symptoms yet but also feel they’re coming.

So, there’s a chance it might not take me two more years? 🙏

[64...]

Akathisia is really common during withdrawal.  It's definitely not a pleasant feeling, but it's not something to fear.  It will go away in time.

I think fear is the biggest hurtle that many people face, so the more people can see withdrawal symptoms as a nuisance instead of something to be scared of, the better.

Thanks badsocref.

Oh I get extreme terror which is fear on another level, all I can do is hold on and pray!

I got the akathisia before being on benzos daily, from cts but also know I’ve had it on drugs before now I know what it is, hoping it still means it goes when I’m recovered from benzos tho worry the other two drugs might cause it too.

Yeah my mental symptoms get very spooky and the depression, panic etc. I try to normalise but it can be consuming.

Thank you for your encouraging words.

I hope I can get free of this stuff next year.

It's taken me more than two years and I am still tapering.  You can see my extended signature.  I have remained, for the most part, functional throughout my taper.  I have not been bedridden or even stuck in my house with anxiety.  I have had many many days of feeling like crap, but it's my opinion, that going slowly, will help keep some good things in life going, which we need, especially when withdrawal can make the simplest joys of life unattainable. 

Thanks for responding GreenCup

I’m starting from a very unstable, injured place due to polydrugging, cts from 3 drugs last year and being housebound mostly even before this due to long term illness.

My cns has been unstable due to the polydrugging for two years and the cts last year put me in hell and I ended up on this stuff which has caused severe depression and often paradoxical so sadly being functional or leaving the house is something I’ve been deprived of.

Constant akathisia to varying levels is highly limiting.

I guess I was hoping to be off next year because I am suffering so much because of these drugs. But I know I can’t rush.

Hi Artist,

I was thinking of you....

I’m around the same dosage u r at now and have the same concerns;;;; so many severe sxs and just so unstable due to prior injury from kindling and paradoxical effects...I’m so exhausted from this...and also housebound a very long time and phenobarbitol in the mix....

I pray we both can get better somehow...

Hi pbh

I’ve been remiss in not replying to you, and have been thinking of you very much. Between this hell, parenting and a v poorly dog I don’t know what I’m doing and the cut is kicking in.

Yeah like you, neeeeed off!!!!

I’m just exhausted with it all as I know you are too. I wish Bay could give taper advice!

We will heal I just don’t know yet how to get there other than keep tapering.

Much love pbh and do not ever lose hope xxxx

Hi pbh

I’ve been remiss in not replying to you, and have been thinking of you very much. Between this hell, parenting and a v poorly dog I don’t know what I’m doing and the cut is kicking in.

Yeah like you, neeeeed off!!!!

I’m just exhausted with it all as I know you are too. I wish Bay could give taper advice!

We will heal I just don’t know yet how to get there other than keep tapering.

Much love pbh and do not ever lose hope xxxx

That is quite alright.... I understand....yes I wish Bay could give more advice in that area so much...

Thank u for helping me keep the hope and much love back xxxxxx