When did symptoms stop when you got sick/fever?

[Hu...]

I am almost at 15 months out and things are pretty good.  I can function normally, happy for the most part, but still some very minor lingering issues but good overall.  HOWEVER, I just got a cold and a lot of the symptoms came back, general anxiety, weird feeling in the head, tense muscles, tinnitus etc.  I know this is pretty common during withdrawal but does anyone know when this ends?  Basically when I see anyone sick around me, I am not worried about getting the cold itself but TERRIFIED of the anxiety that will accompany it.

Hi Hubert7,

I'm 12 months out and I've been doing ok for the most part, just like you.  That is until 3 weeks ago when I got slammed with a terrible cold, everything cameback, I was back in 'acute' with lack of coordination, insomnia, body weakness, extreme dizziness, memory problems, perceptual distortions, and DP/DR through the roof!  I'm just coming out of it now and beginning to feel better, but it took me 3 weeks.  Terrible cold is bad enough on its own (very painful inflamed/burning nose and throat, stuffed head, sneezing, coughing), but combine it with the return of 'acute' and you got a double whammy.  I thought it would never end, but it does.  I also had anxiety whenever I saw someone sick, I washed my hands constantly and avoided people.  But it passes.  Word of caution to everybody out there going through benzo withdrawal, avoid getting a cold at all costs!!         

Yea it really sucks.  I was sick 3 months ago with a cold as well and the withdrawal part was a lot worse than it was this time around.  So hopefully it is just gradually getting better.  The symptoms went away right when the cold did.  3 Months ago the anxiety stuck around for a couple weeks after.