Being Swapped to Rosemont 0.5/5ml solution need help?

[Pa...]

I was on 0.5mg tablets 3 x daily;  On 24th April dry cut 0.125 from 5pm dose held for two weeks and then cut 0.125 from morning dose on 9th May,  so currently on 0.375 mg morning 0.375mg (5pm) and 0.5mg nighttime .. this was a self initiated taper after doctors back heeled me from one place to another none with any idea how to taper me, after going to pharmacy to pick up my meds it is now Rosemont 0.5mg/5ml solution to be taken 3 x daily, on explaining the dry cuts I’d already made  to the pharmacist, he said he could not advise me how to equate the same dose in liquid (I’m guessing 3.75ml) due to my prescription and need to speak to doctor argh!! Rang the doctor who became all holier than thou saying I shouldn’t of made the reductions myself (I’d been asking for help to get off since January) now I feel stuck because I certainly do not want to updose and he won’t give me tablets as he wants me to go over to liquid and then take the reduction from there .. I feel so irate about this lack of warning and any help would be much appreciated.. th aks in advance

I was on 0.5mg tablets 3 x daily;  On 24th April dry cut 0.125 from 5pm dose held for two weeks and then cut 0.125 from morning dose on 9th May,  so currently on 0.375 mg morning 0.375mg (5pm) and 0.5mg nighttime .. this was a self initiated taper after doctors back heeled me from one place to another none with any idea how to taper me, after going to pharmacy to pick up my meds it is now Rosemont 0.5mg/5ml solution to be taken 3 x daily, on explaining the dry cuts I’d already made  to the pharmacist, he said he could not advise me how to equate the same dose in liquid (I’m guessing 3.75ml) due to my prescription and need to speak to doctor argh!! Rang the doctor who became all holier than thou saying I shouldn’t of made the reductions myself (I’d been asking for help to get off since January) now I feel stuck because I certainly do not want to updose and he won’t give me tablets as he wants me to go over to liquid and then take the reduction from there .. I feel so irate about this lack of warning and any help would be much appreciated.. th aks in advance

.5mg/5ml= .1mg/ml

.375mg=3.75ml

.5mg=5ml

The liquid will allow you to make very tiny dose reductions, and should make your taper much easier.

Thanks for confirming it’s 3.75ml but how do I achieve that accuracy, I’m just confused as the leaflet says this solution must not be mixed with water? So I cannot get my head around making even smaller cuts as it progresses along ..thanks in advance

Thanks for confirming it’s 3.75ml but how do I achieve that accuracy, I’m just confused as the leaflet says this solution must not be mixed with water? So I cannot get my head around making even smaller cuts as it progresses along ..thanks in advance

Alternative 1:

fill a 1ml syringe 3 times, then fill it to the .75 mark

Alternative 2:

fill a 10ml syringe to the 3 mark, and then a 1ml syringe to the .75 mark.

Would it be advised to get used to liquid before making any further reductions? 

You say I could make tiny reductions not sure how, kind of understand water/milk titration but this solution cannot be diluted ... thank your for your help

Would it be advised to get used to liquid before making any further reductions? 

You say I could make tiny reductions not sure how, kind of understand water/milk titration but this solution cannot be diluted ... thank your for your help

If you want to "get used to liquid" before making any cuts, that won't cause any problems, but IMO, the whole idea of "getting used to liquid" is silly.  1) Tablet or liquid, its the same med.  2)  When you swallow a tablet, it becomes liquid within seconds anyway, so what's the difference?

If your liquid is .1mg/ml, there really is no need to dilute.  This is the concentration most folks on a liquid taper choose anyway.  You can easily make reductions a .01 (1/100th) of a mg.

I’ve noticed since using the liquid solution.. it is stripping the marks off the syringe.. any advice to get around this problem ... thanks