Klonopin inter-dose withdrawalas

[Ch...]

I am wondering whether I should start spreading my K dose through the day.

Atm I take it all at night. But I find myself feeling totally yuk most mornings - nerves all ragged and feeling rubbish. I just took a quarter of a 500 mcg pill and it has totally calmed the storm.

I thought K had a half-life of 36 hours or so, so don't understand why after 12 hours I would need more?

Anyone who does split the dose through the day, how do you go about it? one third three times daily wouldbe my inclination.

Hi Chalkey,

Before I was c/t’d, I took my 1mg dose at night.  Upon reinstating that didn’t work for me anymore, so I do two doses daily.  One at 9am and another at 6pm.  Keeps more of an even balanced feeling, for me. 

Maybe it would be worth a shot to give it a try, since you wake with symptoms and noticed a difference with the 500mcg dose you took.  I’m a believer in balancing these things out.  Especially during this process.  Even though Klonopin has a long half life, it’s still in your system, but seems the initial effects wear off faster.  That’s just my experience. 

Hope you find something that works for you!

[28...]

Chalkey,

Your body is demanding a certain amount of klonopin.  Right after you take your pill, your body is getting what it needs, but after some hours the level in your blood drops to a level less than what your body is demanding.  So you experience withdrawal.  Most of the drug is still in your body, but it's not enough for your body's dependency for the drug.

On the positive side, switching to 2-3 doses a day can help, and it can give you some added flexibility regarding tapering.  On the down side, if you take these for insomnia, you'll be taking less at bedtime.  Your sleep might take a hit???

The three doses don't have to be equal.  You can play around with the timing and dosing a bit to find what works best for you.

Unicorn and badscocref thankyou for your input. I think you have summed it up well.

I have probably been suffering from interdose w/d for a long time without knowing it. I am going to do this on an "as needed" basis.

the symptoms abated so magically with about one-third of a pill (c.160 mcg) that it makes sense to take something that I was going to take later anyway.

It was prescribed for PLM, without noticeable benefits, so I am Ok with not taking it all at night.