I give up

[gi...]

Cats are fantastic animals, have had one since I was 8. Tubby sleeps with me every night, very talkative too, likes to rip up my bed box spring though. She's 12 pounds of beef but not fat, she's a solid Tubby. We let her out in the day but reel her in at 9pm. My last cat Abby was a tortoise shell sweet heart, she made it to 16 1/2.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [gi...]

• [Mr...]

• [Es...]

• [Ma...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot imagine losing my Kitty. I lost two cats as a kid. They didn't die. I had them for a very short time. Don't feel like thinking or talking about it. Never thought I'd have a cat again.

Kitty weighs 12 lbs as well. Constantly on a diet. She loves to eat. Slept under my weighted blanket tonight. Cannot believe, she seems to like it. Made sure her head wasn't under the blanket and that she could breathe.

Only scratches scratching posts/mats. Her mom taught her in the cattery. Her Persian mom is a tortie. Turned 13 years old this August. I love torties. My Kitty is 7 years old.

My life would be so empty without her. I cannot believe I lived without a cat for so many years.

my new cat is called Tubby, Russian blue mix, just killed a chipmunk. Bad kitty snuck out this morning, total alpha female but a total lover. losing the will to live now..........

Nice to hear about "Tubby"! I had lost 2 cats, both 18 yr. olds, in 2015. Broke my heart - twice. I could not recover so great a loses and OD'd in 2016. But as well, did the rapid detox - 30 days which was 2 yrs. ago. Wasn't going to get another cat so soon but along came a cat from the neighborhood and decided to move in! They always seem to know where to biggest suckers are who will follow orders on command! Now it's "Gigi" and she's grey short hair, white paws and underside. She's a talker and is not low maintenance but she's a little sweetie, I can hardly resist. She too brings home "offerings" - lizards, birds, mice, even bunnies - OMG! Sometimes I'm able to rescue them and release elsewhere but there are other times - I'll hear an ear shattering scream downstairs - and I have to smile and say to her, "Thanks kitty, your job is done for the day."!! She's just about all I've got to live for anymore . . .

Cat02

Was reading your signature & seems you were on a significantly high dose of clonazapam & then rapid tapered off in 30days? Sorry if this the wrong place to ask. Always curious about anyone whose been on high dose clonazapam for about same amount of time as me. How did that go & how are you feeling now? Pm if you want thanks SC

Gibson, I missed why you can’t take antidepressants? Hope your doing well

Hi Gibson,

Sorry I’ve been away a while. Have a nasty stomach bug that’s causing a bit of havoc.

How are you doing with the taper? Are you too agoraphobic/depressed to go out? Could you manage to sit in the park for a bit?

Yes, I’m nagging again. Sorry. Just want you to get some fresh air and light.

I’m trying to learn the ukulele, but can’t get it to stay in tune  :(

Sending you best wishes,  :) :) :)

Mrs B xxx

no tapering over here sorry to say, very depressed and dizzy all the time now. Cant get out of bed now at all, lost in the fog of hell. Tried Lexipro and it revved me up like speed so bad, have run out of options at this point. just me and my kitty cat is bed wasting time now..............

• 3 months later...
Can't blame you, my friend - 50 mo. is a hell of a long time in Benzo crisis. I'm at 28 mo. and can only say it's been a freaking nightmare. I am in no position to judge and I cannot imagine how tough it's gotta be for you, still going through it. Really so, so sorry.

Go to the website mad America and type in the word Matt there’s a gentleman that took him seven years to get better

Thats not comforting!  :'(

Gibson - where are you located? May want to try IASIS Microcurrent Neurofeedback. Research out of UCSD showing real results for tramatic brain injury, PTSD in soldiers. I have tried and it and worked very well.

Expensive, but hey... if it changes your life, so be it.

I have tired it all and that worked well. Also, just started Inositol and I swear 3 days in, it has really helped me. 12g (6g 2x a day).

There is SOMETHING out there that will help you...keep looking.

Go to the website mad America and type in the word Matt there’s a gentleman that took him seven years to get better

No, that's NOT comforting - it's just a non-supportive.

Gibson - where are you located? May want to try IASIS Microcurrent Neurofeedback. Research out of UCSD showing real results for tramatic brain injury, PTSD in soldiers. I have tried and it and worked very well.

I have tired it all and that worked well. Also, just started Inositol and I swear 3 days in, it has really helped me. 12g (6g 2x a day).

Psilocybin is, I would suggest, a better fit for depression and addictions. The trials have produced much more favorable results. But, to qualify, the candidate must not be on any antidepressants, which disqualifies me, or I WOULD do it.

Don't give up, you still got friends.  Depression is indeed a dark place to be.  If you're alone, that may contribute to the depressive state.  I don't know if you are alone or not.  At any rate, human warmth and kindness can work wonders in a situation like this, so reach out, even if it seems insurmountable.  There are good people around you that can help.  Just reach out.

Gibson is at 50 months. Unless you can speak from that vantage point you have no idea what you are talking about.

Gibson is at 50 months. Unless you can speak from that vantage point you have no idea what you are talking about.

Just for the record, neither do you Catt02. You have resurrected an old thread without Gibson11's presence for the last 4 months.  You don't know much about Gibson11's current situation, do you?  Stop digging up old crap that self-serves you and stop self-gloryfying. You have no idea what you're talking about. Also, don't twist people's words or intentions, you are indeed off mark, very negative and ungrateful. 

Psilocybin is, I would suggest, a better fit for depression and addictions. The trials have produced much more favorable results. But, to qualify, the candidate must not be on any antidepressants, which disqualifies me, or I WOULD do it.

http://microcurrentneurofeedback.com

Take a look. This is the real thing and will grow over time.

Just for the record, neither do you Catt02. You have resurrected an old thread without Gibson11's presence for the last 4 months.  You don't know much about Gibson11's current situation, do you?  Stop digging up old crap that self-serves you and stop self-gloryfying. You have no idea what you're talking about. Also, don't twist people's words or intentions, you are indeed off mark, very negative and ungrateful.

I'm at a mere 28 months so I cannot imagine, nor do I try to compare to his 50+ mark. I doubt I could get that far - I shudder to think. Actually, your suggestion to reach is harmless I can see. I am so sorry to go negative on you - I was clearly in the wrong there. I was considering my own depression which has been a lifetime ordeal, towards his incredible enduring status in darkness. How bleak and hopeless that would feel - as I intuit from his Subject Title. I tend to just be here for someone, listening, empathizing and trying to understand - as limited as I am. Sometimes that is really all someone wants - that's how it is for me. But I can see your approach is well intended and quite inspired. Again, I do apologize.

• 2 months later...
I am still here and just hit the 5 year mark, glad this tread was started up again. Stopped taking Lexipro and a beta blocker. In bed 18 hours a day grinding away and lost weight. Thinking about trying St johns wart, there has to be something to give me a reason to live again.

• 2 weeks later...
See link  I like this guy I know what everybody’s going to say on the website but hey it gives an artist opinion and he gives you options

I like that Dr. McMullen he gives you options like using lithium and Lecmectell .  You could even call his office and tell him what’s going on they might or might not tell you what to do you might even live in New York who knows .

Cats are fantastic animals, have had one since I was 8. Tubby sleeps with me every night, very talkative too, likes to rip up my bed box spring though. She's 12 pounds of beef but not fat, she's a solid Tubby. We let her out in the day but reel her in at 9pm. My last cat Abby was a tortoise shell sweet heart, she made it to 16 1/2.

How is Tubby doing?

• 3 weeks later...
If I could afford it I’d try ketamine. Either I’ve infusions or compounded oral or nasal. There’s a fb group where you can learn abut it, look for providers etc. I have long term severe treatment resistant depression. Havnt started dang taper yet as was trying to tackle depression first. That has pushed me back. Good luck.