Dr is going to read Stuff on withdrawal

[Aj...]

I saw my GP today and took her a copy of the 2014 Guidance :

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachements.cfm/att_248926_EN_UK59_benzos.pdf

I thought that would be better than Ashton as it is by a Dr and aimed at medics.

I just printed out the section on withdrawal and highlighted the parts relevant to my situation.

I also showed her Ashton online.

She has said she will do some research and have an informal chat with a psychiatrist friend.

So we shall see if it is taken seriously after that.

I saw my GP today and took her a copy of the 2014 Guidance :

http://www.emcdda.europa.eu/attachements.cfm/att_248926_EN_UK59_benzos.pdf

I thought that would be better than Ashton as it is by a Dr and aimed at medics.

I just printed out the section on withdrawal and highlighted the parts relevant to my situation.

I also showed her Ashton online.

She has said she will do some research and have an informal chat with a psychiatrist friend.

So we shall see if it is taken seriously after that.

Oh I wish you the best of luck, hope this is best combo of dr's out there :smitten:

Me too!

I suspect as soon as she talks to shrink (s)he’ll say I’m nuts and she’ll side with him/her

I’m keeping everything crossed though.

My GP is genuinely desperate to help me because she has seen the severe dystonia etc

She keeps saying ‘I just want a neurologist to tell me how to help you’.

She isn’t convinced about the withdrawal stuff though and to be honest I’m not convinced all of my symptoms are that either given I was put on the diazepam for muscle problems in the first place.

Me too!

I suspect as soon as she talks to shrink (s)he’ll say I’m nuts and she’ll side with him/her

I’m keeping everything crossed though.

My GP is genuinely desperate to help me because she has seen the severe dystonia etc

She keeps saying ‘I just want a neurologist to tell me how to help you’.

She isn’t convinced about the withdrawal stuff though and to be honest I’m not convinced all of my symptoms are that either given I was put on the diazepam for muscle problems in the first place.

My fingers are crossed  :smitten:

Thanks Mary!

It would be quite a thing if I found someone who believes wouldn’t it...

So unlikely...

I’m not sure why I hang on to the hope that Drs can help in anyway after 22years of being mid-treated for ME/CFS and spinal problems.

You would think I would give up on them...

Thanks Mary!

It would be quite a thing if I found someone who believes wouldn’t it...

So unlikely...

I’m not sure why I hang on to the hope that Drs can help in anyway after 22years of being mid-treated for ME/CFS and spinal problems.

You would think I would give up on them...

I know but u fight that feeling, you be positive and hopeful!! :smitten:

Thanks Mary!

How are you today?

At least my arm is less painful atm.

I’m seeing an osteopath this afternoon to see if she can release my hips and back and neck - well everything really..

Thanks Mary!

How are you today?

At least my arm is less painful atm.

I’m seeing an osteopath this afternoon to see if she can release my hips and back and neck - well everything really..

I'm okay I think ;D....you sound hopeful, I'm so glad.  I have only had one Osteopath and I loved him.  He was so caring, hope u get a get one :)

Glad you think you are okay!

I’ve seen various osteopaths and other body work people over the last 20 years. Used to have a really good one but she retired and moved away.

This one comes recommended by my physio so fingers crossed.

My 11o’clock dose is already wearing off and got another 2 and 1/4 hours until can take next one. Such fun!

Just wish there was a position I could get in to to relax until then without making either neck shoulder or back worse. Preferably a position I can read in would be good.

Glad you think you are okay!

I’ve seen various osteopaths and other body work people over the last 20 years. Used to have a really good one but she retired and moved away.

This one comes recommended by my physio so fingers crossed.

My 11o’clock dose is already wearing off and got another 2 and 1/4 hours until can take next one. Such fun!

Just wish there was a position I could get in to to relax until then without making either neck shoulder or back worse. Preferably a position I can read in would be good.

I wish u could too.  I am getting close to going from 3 doses a day to 2, and my brain just keeps going round and round about what time I should eliminate.  There are good reasons to keep them all :laugh:

Hi Guys...

I stopped counting at 7 pillows of all shapes n sizes... -no they dont all match..!! Well actually they did in hospital...

I can get a good sleep sometimes from laying front down on a couple of pillows. Great if the arms can hang a little...

But the best is floating in the spa with 2 foam noodles...

I find I get pins n needles easily if my arms arent quite right... (anyone else?)

Sorry, nothing exciting...

Mary,

Do you have to go down to 2 rather than make each one smaller?

If so how will you decide.

New osteopath is lovely and seems to be far better at what she does than any I have see in the last few years so hopeful!

Can’t,

I have acres of pillowage as well.

I’m okay at night once I can persuade my sacrum to relax and the sciatica to quieten down. it’s during the day I struggle because I can’t lie on my front or side all day.

On front means I can)thread or watch TV and go mad because no distraction.

On side I jam my shoulders up.

Atm, since reinstating, I can sort of lie on back on sofa with cushions under legs and heat pack and foam piece under back and sacrum.

As dose wears off it gets harder because the spasming movement side to side starts to pull on my spine and ribs and seizes neck up causing jaw to seize up.

Just hope all the body work I am now doing will help ease some of these things as I taper down again because I can’t go back to the severe dystonia symptoms - it was just too much.

Mary,

Do you have to go down to 2 rather than make each one smaller?

If so how will you decide.

Because Valium lasts so long, as you get lower, they say u only need to take it twice and it will cover your 24 hours.  Its really is a difficult choice for me because Valium sedated me so bad.  But I have time to think it over.  I hate Valium, it doesn't make me feel anything like xanax, which I took for anxiety.valium is more for muscles and sleep with some anxiety relief in it.  It was just awful for me, and a lot of other people on this forum.  It just sucked and it was so unexpected  :(

I am so happy to hear u like the Osteopath.  I believe they have the right way of thinking, if something is wrong with one part of the body, u consider the whole body in the treatment.  I really hope she helps u :smitten::thumbsup::smitten:

New osteopath is lovely and seems to be far better at what she does than any I have see in the last few years so hopeful!

Can’t,

I have acres of pillowage as well.

I’m okay at night once I can persuade my sacrum to relax and the sciatica to quieten down. it’s during the day I struggle because I can’t lie on my front or side all day.

On front means I can)thread or watch TV and go mad because no distraction.

On side I jam my shoulders up.

Atm, since reinstating, I can sort of lie on back on sofa with cushions under legs and heat pack and foam piece under back and sacrum.

As dose wears off it gets harder because the spasming movement side to side starts to pull on my spine and ribs and seizes neck up causing jaw to seize up.

Just hope all the body work I am now doing will help ease some of these things as I taper down again because I can’t go back to the severe dystonia symptoms - it was just too much.

Hi Mary,

I’m okay.

A bit pissed off. GP spoke to her shrink friend who has said MUS/soma to form disorder. It makes me so angry that nobody knows about this. He has suggested some psych support which I am open to but I refuse to be gaslighted by the medical profession. I have been there before and it nearly killed me.

Arm and shoulder much better which is a great relief.

Trying to find a position that is not to painful to be in so I can try and read.

I’ve decided to start trying to taper down again very slowly. On third day of cut so muscles are trying to cramp up and places that had surgery or are damaged are very painful but I’m coping.

Hyperacusis is pretty bad. Trying to tell my brain to calm down.

It is upsetting that taking the diazepam makes some symptoms much worse now as it is going to months of feeling like I am causing myself further brain damage every time my poor brain has to cope with the change between the drug going in and out.

How about you?

Well I am very glad about your shoulder.  Are u liquid titrating?  It helped me a lot.  Diazepam is the worst.  My body just hates it. I will be so glad when I can start titrating it.  Explain to me what MUS/soma means?  I'm sorry I know so little except for the 2 drugs I take.  What is the shrink wanting to do?  U take your time cutting, go by your sxs, slow.  I am going so slow.  I am glad the Osteopath did a good job.  I may have to find one, but I do have a good pt and the place I go for acupressure.  My pain Dr. just writes my refills.  Let me know how u r today and explain the other to me so I understand better. :smitten: :smitten:

I am so sorry that your GP believes this stuff about somatisation etc .. she clearly does not know what is going on in the UK.

I am wondering if you have written to Scottish Parliament about your experiences, I am sorry for asking, you maybe have done it already or maybe it is just too much for you to do right now when you are so very unwell.  Your story is so important.

Mary,

MUS or MUPS = Medically unexplined (physical) symptoms.

Somatoform Disorder is a diagnosis that is about having MUS.

What it means in practice is they think you have hysteria as in your psychological state is manifesting as somatic or bodily symptoms.

It is a big rag back that they shove everybody who they can’t put in to another box in.

It is a complete denial of withdrawal as a phenomenon.

LookingForward - it is on my list and will be done as soon as I can bear to write it down.

Mary,

MUS or MUPS = Medically unexplined (physical) symptoms.

Somatoform Disorder is a diagnosis that is about having MUS.

What it means in practice is they think you have hysteria as in your psychological state is manifesting as somatic or bodily symptoms.

It is a big rag back that they shove everybody who they can’t put in to another box in.

It is a complete denial of withdrawal as a phenomenon.

LookingForward - it is on my list and will be done as soon as I can bear to write it down.

I had a Dr tell me the same thing right before I went to the Osteopath, who found what was wrong with me right away.  Dr's :tickedoff:   

What did the osteopath find?

I fell at work and was able to catch myself with my right leg right before I hit the floor.  I was just a few inches away from the floor, shoved my leg up under me and shoved myself up , all my weight on the leg that was so close to the floor.  It pushed my sacroiliac out position.  I went to dr's for a year, mri's , X-rays, shots....nothing helped til The Osteopath was recommended to me.  It took a long time because the muscles were just tight and would just pop the sac right back out.  To get rid of that, the Osteopath would work on me , then the masseuse would work on the muscles until finally they stopped pulling the sacroiliac back out of joint.  It was a rough year and a half.

I have SI problems amongst other things. It’s bloody awful isn’t it.

Hoping my new osteopath will be able to help with it.