Lexapro to Pristiq. Anybody with experience with either?

[Fa...]

I've been on 20mg Lexapro since January.

I was put on it when I unknowingly quit Ativan after about two months use.

I swear it worked to an extent in the beginning at least but I still have never felt "myself"

Recently it seems to have stopped working and I've also been having more intrusive thoughts.

.my DNA test results indicate Pristiq would be a good option for me.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Please no horror stories. I am scared enough.

I took Lexapro for about 18 months, I’ve never taken Pristiq.  I didn’t find Lexapro to be a problem, either in taking it or in tapering g off of it.  I might, in your situation, ask the doc if he thinks an increase in dose might be better to try before switching to another medication.

My experience is that withdrawal itself tends to cause the ‘not me’ feeling and adjunct meds don’t seem to help most people in that regard. Intrusive thoughts are different...if you’re taking an AD for self-harm issues and those are returning, I’d make sure my doc knew.

Just my two cents.

I took Lexapro for about 18 months, I’ve never taken Pristiq.  I didn’t find Lexapro to be a problem, either in taking it or in tapering g off of it.  I might, in your situation, ask the doc if he thinks an increase in dose might be better to try before switching to another medication.

My experience is that withdrawal itself tends to cause the ‘not me’ feeling and adjunct meds don’t seem to help most people in that regard. Intrusive thoughts are different...if you’re taking an AD for self-harm issues and those are returning, I’d make sure my doc knew.

Just my two cents.

I am not taking it due to the intrusive thoughts. I was put on the Lexapro when I stopped taking the Ativan and had a breakdown of sorts (didn't know it was from stopping Ativan), and I subsequently kept taking the Ativan as the Lexapro kicked in.

I am on 20mg already which is a high dose.