Can strawberries start terrible waves?

[al...]

Ok, I'm becoming paranoid, but I feel really terrible for the last 8 days. Some old symptoms slightly subsided and some terrible new ones arrived.

For 3 days I was eating pretty much big amount of strawberries.... maybe not too big amounts, but I guess that I probably consumed 2 to 3 kg of strawberries during those 3 days.

After that hellish paracetamol setback I'm afraid that I screwed myself even more now, but it could be it is only terrible wave.

Too much sugar?

Too much histamine?

Too much flavonoids that affect GABA receptors?

I wouldn't worry about the sugar in strawberries, it's not refined sugar, it's natural and it will not rev you up.  Strawberries are a natural whole food, loaded with vitamin C, antioxidants, and fiber, your body will assimilate it easily and process it smoothly.  I eat tons of fresh fruit all the time, whether I'm in a wave or not, no problem.  I'd say your wave may be related to something else (i.e. paracetamol setback), but not to strawberries.  I wouldn't worry.

Actually, it seems that there could be one problem and that is histamine. Strawberries release histamine in body and H3 receptor is responsible for many psychological problems. I noticed that I was eating many foods full of histamine: tomatoes, bananas, lemon juice, hard cheese, eggplant, etc.

I took 1000 mg of vitamin C today to try to lower histamine in blood and it's slightly more tolerable now. It could be a coincidence.

Considering all that I just said, there is also this study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11526976

So, things are not simple as they seem.

After those strawberries new symptoms were emerging and it was worse day by day and I really didn't expect something like that. It's not sudden and terrible setback like paracetamol did it, but it is getting worse and worse.

I'll see what will happen now after more vitamin C and removing all histamine food from the diet.

I think it may be a coincidence you are just going through a rough patch while eating the strawberries and your brain is associating it with the strawberries.  My mind did that with many things during withdrawal and then I realized it was not causation.

I honestly had no issue with any foods during my withdrawal (msg, carbs, sugar, etc) so everyone is different.

These all seem to be a reach. With anything, justification can be made to why he’s causes symptoms - let’s stick with proven ones. That’s no way to live over analyzing fruit.

These all seem to be a reach. With anything, justification can be made to why he’s causes symptoms - let’s stick with proven ones. That’s no way to live over analyzing fruit.

I posted a link that proves what I said, so maybe you believe that studies don't prove anything. It's pretty much possible that histamine from strawberries made my symptoms 10 times worse and even many new ones arrived, but when you're in mild withdrawal like you are, it's always easy to banalyze what other people experience.  All that started while eating strawberries for 3 days.

For the sake of our membership, all references to self-harm and/or harming others have been removed from your recent post.

Please click on this link if you are thinking about suicide, self-harm, or harming others: Self-Harm/Ideation (Revised)

like I said strawberries are high histsmine.

Benzos  mess up the DAO enzyme which is a antihistamine.  and if you noticed that when you eat anything that is hi histamine is causes revved up symptoms. 

I cant eat hi histamine foods. .

until your system comes back to normal its best to avoid histamine laden foods.

like I said strawberries are high histsmine.

Benzos  mess up the DAO enzyme which is a antihistamine.  and if you noticed that when you eat anything that is hi histamine is causes revved up symptoms. 

I cant eat hi histamine foods. .

until your system comes back to normal its best to avoid histamine laden foods.

From today I will use vitamin C and Magnesium supplements. I will also eat curcumin and black pepper with olive oil and I already eat bell peppers that are high in vitamin C, but they don't have much (or release) histamine.

Regular part of my diet were bananas, lemon juice, hard cheese and tomatoes - all that release histamine in body.

Alokin - RELAX! I read your story, however it does not specifically reference strawberries. Compared to a lot of other foods, strawberries are not necessarily that high in histamine - levels of histamine below:

(very high) Aged or fermented foods: kimchi, sauerkraut, yogurt or kefir, kombucha, aged cheese, alcohol of any kind, vinegar, and cured meat.

(very high) Fish and seafood, especially canned or smoked fish.

(medium) spinach, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, canned vegetables, dried fruit, avocados, strawberries, papaya, pineapple, and leftovers.

With your logic, all of the above should be avoided just as much as much as strawberries.

https://paleoleap.com/histamines/

Alokin - RELAX! I read your story, however it does not specifically reference strawberries. Compared to a lot of other foods, strawberries are not necessarily that high in histamine - levels of histamine below:

(very high) Aged or fermented foods: kimchi, sauerkraut, yogurt or kefir, kombucha, aged cheese, alcohol of any kind, vinegar, and cured meat.

(medium) spinach, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes, canned vegetables, dried fruit, avocados, strawberries, papaya, pineapple, and leftovers.

With your logic, all of the above should be avoided just as much as much as strawberries.

Why are you trying to prove something that isn't important at all? Strawberries aren't high in histamine, but they're releasing it from the body. Bananas don't have histamine at all, yet they're still releasing it from the body.

I ate a lot of strawberries and I really don't know what you're trying to prove me here and why.

I know how I felt for days after eating those.

No, it's not necessarily that strawberries did that, but since I know my body much better than you do, I also know that there are big possibilities that strawberries actually caused that horrific wave.

And yes, all of the above I will avoid from now on because I almost died during the last few days. That also taught me about histamine and there is possibility that I'm feeling so bad for so long because I ate a lot of food with histamine.

It's not necessarily that strawberries did that, but since I know my body, I also know that there are big possibilities that strawberries actually caused that horrific wave.

That also taught me about histamine and there is possibility that I'm feeling so bad for so long because I ate a lot of food with histamine.

What symptoms did you experience specifically?

Why are you trying to prove something that isn't important at all? Strawberries aren't high in histamine, but they're releasing it from the body. Bananas don't have histamine at all, yet they're still releasing it from the body.

I ate a lot of strawberries and I really don't know what you're trying to prove me here and why.

No, it's not necessarily that strawberries did that, but since I know my body much better than you do, I also know that there are big possibilities that strawberries actually caused that horrific wave.

And yes, all of the above I will avoid from now on because I almost died during the last few days. That also taught me about histamine and there is possibility that I'm feeling so bad for so long because I ate a lot of food with histamine.

I'll bet my 401k you didn't almost die. I'm trying to prove that talk like that is detrimental to the mental well-being of others; it's an example of over exaggerating and fear mongering that is not conducive to healing and positive mindsets to move on with life.

It's not necessarily that strawberries did that, but since I know my body, I also know that there are big possibilities that strawberries actually caused that horrific wave.

That also taught me about histamine and there is possibility that I'm feeling so bad for so long because I ate a lot of food with histamine.

What symptoms did you experience specifically?

Too many and hard to describe. It was complete inner destruction and almost complete loss of mind.

The fact that you have all the time the need to tell other people how much better and stronger you are then them while not knowing at all what they're going through is something that shows that you are actually the one who has some issues with your ego.

What you're doing here all the time is mockering other people suffering so you could feel better about yourself. Your mindset is shallow and predictable.

Let's take a step back, folks, everybody's here for the same reason... support. 

Bring the temperature down a little, please...we'll all feel better.

Challis

I am saying this from experience.  wheni eat something with histamine. is bothers me even being out on high pollen days.

so if it bothers you stop eating it.  benzos don't just affect the Gaba receptors it effects the DAO enzyme in our bodies.

It's not a question of what kind of sugar. It's about how much sugar for me. Bananas and strawberries can send me in waves. I'm very sensitive to sugar.

You were on benzos for a short time. You've been off longer than you'e been on, and highly doubltful that anything you are currently experienceing is from benzo wd.

furthermore, maybe you're allergic to strawberries or something, but what you are experiencing has nothing to do with the benzos you quit taking months ago. I'm seriously trying not to laugh because you sound so ridiculous.

You were on benzos for a short time. You've been off longer than you'e been on, and highly doubltful that anything you are currently experienceing is from benzo wd.

furthermore, maybe you're allergic to strawberries or something, but what you are experiencing has nothing to do with the benzos you quit taking months ago. I'm seriously trying not to laugh because you sound so ridiculous.

Let's take a step back, folks, everybody's here for the same reason... support. 

Bring the temperature down a little, please...we'll all feel better.

Challis

The thread just settled down again. Let’s keep it going in a positive direction.

Thanks.