Can massages rev up symptoms??

[Fa...]

I went and had a massage yesterday and ever since that I am in a HORRIBLE WAVE.

My sister is here from out of town and we were supposed to have a great day together and I ended up having to leave while we were shopping because I just couldn't cope.  I started having intrusive thoughts and feelings of just not being myself and fear of being stuck like this forever. I just got in the car and cried and cried because I couldn't enjoy the day.

I mean, this is NOT ME!! MY SISTER DOESNT EVEN KNOW WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO HER SISTER SHE KNOWS.  She said it's like razor blades to her heart to see me this way because I am always the easy going fun one. Now I am a fearful wreck.

I also took a pretty hard tumble into a concrete curb (can you say faceplant?) before we got to the massage place. There was a turtle in the road and I got out to try to save it but tripped and fell face/chest first into a concrete curb. Thankfully no injuries except a sprained thumb and my chest is very sore.

I just wonder what the heck has brought on this wave.

Oh, and I have an appointment tomorrow with a new psychiatrist because everyone thinks I need to get off the Lexapro and onto something g else because the Lexapro obviously is not helping me.

I know nobody can, but I wish someone could reassure me that it will be ok. That I am going to survive this and I will not be like this forever.

I've been having a weekly massage for a few months, and recently I've noticed that I do feel worse after. I think in the sensitivity phase and it definitely has an effect. I'm going to stop going as regularly for a little while until I'm further recovered.

[8b...]
Might depend on the style of massage.  I would think that a vigorous (painful?) massage might not be as well received as a more soothing approach.

It can happen.  :(  Usually massages help me, but my last massage gave me a headache, and it wasn't the first time that happened.  I still feel like I got some benefit from the massage, as far as my muscle tension goes, but it was too much stimulation for my CNS at the time. 

I was getting bad waves from massages and found out i was sensitive to the chemicals in the massage oils that were absorbing into my skin and bloodstream.

I had to buy my own organic massage oil to bring with me when I get one.

I was getting bad waves from massages and found out i was sensitive to the chemicals in the massage oils that were absorbing into my skin and bloodstream.

I had to buy my own organic massage oil to bring with me when I get one.

Interesting.

I definitely got a pretty bad wave last night and this morning. I feel a bit better this afternoon; out running errands, but still not as well as I had been feeling. It's weird. 

I am so nervous about meeting the new psychiatrist tomorrow but I really want a doc that supports my goal of being med free as soon as possible.

It will all be OK!!! When I started my taper and at my worst I tried a massage to help the crazy tension I had, I paid for it with a massive wave, it probably lasted 24-48 hours so just hang in there. I also made the mistake of having a chiropractic adjustment that day, my neck cracked like it broke apart in 50 different places, 6 months after I still have "rice krispies neck." That said a few weeks ago I tried another massage and this time I actually felt good, so yes it gets better; and this wave too shall pass.

Are you going for pain or just some comfort?  My muscles in my back, neck and sides can hurt really bad, I have had acupressure three times now, and it makes me sore because my muscles are so tense but if I am lucky I get relief for thr next day or two.  It hasn't bothered my cns at all but everyone is different. :)

[88...]
I have PTSD and massage ALWAYS has this effect on me. In somatic therapy they say emotion and trauma get stored in the body and massage releases it. Not everything is benzo withdrawl. You don't have to have PTSD or benzo wd for massage to release emotions, it's totally normal.

I have PTSD and massage ALWAYS has this effect on me. In somatic therapy they say emotion and trauma get stored in the body and massage releases it. Not everything is benzo withdrawl. You don't have to have PTSD or benzo wd for massage to release emotions, it's totally normal.

They also say it gets rid of toxins and it's a positive thing so I choose to believe it  ;)

Deep tissue massages can release toxins that have built up in muscle tissue. It's common to feel awful afterwards since it's a detox and because we're already in withdrawal, we can be extra sensitive.

Deep tissue massages can release toxins that have built up in muscle tissue. It's common to feel awful afterwards since it's a detox and because we're already in withdrawal, we can be extra sensitive.

It hasn't bothered me, so I guess it's different for everyone. :)

Interesting thing is early on when I was so sick it helped a lot. Then around 15 months the physical stuff too center stage and it's all nerve related.. pains / aches / etc.. and I get an uptick in that after massage. I also find it harder to relax in there now too due to the nerves. I think they are sensitive now as they continue to heal at 20 months.

You can always just stick to Swedish massage. It's the most common and best known technique. Light pressure, relaxing, helps aches and pains. It's great for folks who just started receiving massage and/or don't get them often.

Oh dear,

In withrawal our nervous system is in an overload. That’s why some

People can’t tolerate touches or even sex in these periods.

I couldn’t tolerate any kind of massage or touch in the first 7 months because everything was a trigger to something. For pain or panic ... I cried or faded away- totally crazy.

It was worth a try. Do not panic now, note it down, try other stuff

or just do nothing. I think regarding your other posts doing nothing

Would be better :.)

I would say don’t let people do stuff with you like massages or treatments.

Do it yourself.

And if you want to try new things try it for 5-10 minutes not more!!

Your nervous system is a wounded baby.

Really.

My heart goes out to you and the others who are early

in withdrawal.

It gets better! I can enjoy massages for 2 hours now.

Hug!

..also I found out that any „detox“ treatment or medication

Is not good when you are in acute. Because acute means your

Body is in an detox overload itself. Don’t over stimulate it..

It gets better!!!