Going Organic?

[gi...]

I don't think anyone knows whether it is personally worth it until after 30-40 years. I have chosen to use some organic and some mainstream products.  There is a list on this website: https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php of the dirtiest and cleanest fruits and vegetables in terms of residual pesticide. I buy organic vegetables for "the dirty dozen", and non-organic for the cleanest.  I try to buy meat and poultry which are labeled antibiotic free, but don't worry much about GMOs.

Hope this helps.

[a2...]

I don't think anyone knows whether it is personally worth it until after 30-40 years. I have chosen to use some organic and some mainstream products.  There is a list on this website: https://www.ewg.org/foodnews/summary.php of the dirtiest and cleanest fruits and vegetables in terms of residual pesticide. I buy organic vegetables for "the dirty dozen", and non-organic for the cleanest.  I try to buy meat and poultry which are labeled antibiotic free, but don't worry much about GMOs.

Hope this helps.

Yeah, another thing is to bathe in baking soda for 15 minutes as recommended by the FDA, and peel the skin.

• 2 weeks later...

I try to keep any dairy and meat I eat organic because crap can be stored in fat.

Also soft fruit tends to get sprayed with a lot of pesticides.

Other than that if I can afford to I do if not I don’t worry about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I did this for a while. I don't think it made much difference in all honesty but I am careful what I eat

shania

I did this for a while. I don't think it made much difference in all honesty but I am careful what I eat

shania

The same here Shania213, thank you for your input.  Going organic didn't seem to do much for me either.  I am careful about what I eat, meaning, I eat everything except processed food.  And all this organic food hoopla, who knows what it's all about?  Take care and thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I suppose one has to do own's best judgement, a bit or education, and experimentation. I buy a lot of frozen organic veggies/fruits. They a bit more expensive, but to me is worth it; but also I buy mainstream, local, and on season. I can tell, for example, that certain organic fruits like strawberries, apples, pears, grapes taste better; so I buy them when I can afford them. If you are eating mainly whole-foods and not processed ones, you are on the right path. Especially during this benzo mess, one has to eat as clean as possible I believe.

Here is a link that may help:

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/ss/slideshow-to-buy-or-not-to-buy-organic