Gabapentin, Seroquel, or zoloft

[Py...]

Hello, so my doc recommended these three pills. He said he think Seroquel would benwfit me the most but honestly screw that... I looked into it and it looks pretty horrible. Gabapentin works on the gaba receptors so I'm kind of scared to take that as well. What do you think would be a safer drug to take Zoloft or gabapentin?

I have heard all those meds have potentially bad side effects and withdrawal.Β  If you can, avoid them all.

I have heard all those meds have potentially bad side effects and withdrawal.Β  If you can, avoid them all.

πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

But if I had to choose one to try....

Β 

I would think you could try Gabapentin. I know that it does provide relief for withdrawal symptoms but you might have to worry about some slight withdrawal coming off of them.

Hi:

I started taking Gabapentin after a month off Clonazepam I started feeling funtional in th sense that the symptoms were there I could work and such. I year later I was taking 1,200 mgs but I was having burninf pain and swollen feet tha I didnt have before, researching I came to the conclusion that it was the gabapentin I tapered from February until the las week of april it wasnt that bad the only symptom that got worst was the insomnia but without the burning pain is was ok to be awake.

In conclusion It can help tour symptoms but it comes with a new set of ones.

And of course be ready to taper from it also.

Yam

Hello, so my doc recommended these three pills. He said he think Seroquel would benwfit me the most but honestly screw that... I looked into it and it looks pretty horrible. Gabapentin works on the gaba receptors so I'm kind of scared to take that as well. What do you think would be a safer drug to take Zoloft or gabapentin?

Β 

I was given Seroquel for all the Benzo symptoms and it was a friggin nightmare. I lasted 6 weeks on that stuff.

Β 

As always, YMMV.

Serooquel is a horrible thing unless you luke walking around like a zombie. Gabapentin can be very hard to come off and Zoloft as an SSRI is the very last thing I would add since it works activating. I would avoid all of them as well as all other psych meds. They brought us here and there is no way they will lead to recovery. I would give the world to be off of my last med. It is so difficult to do once the cns is so very sensible. Did you try all other Options? Nature, meditation, arts, gardening, pets, etc. ? I hope you can stay strong.

Serooquel is a horrible thing unless you luke walking around like a zombie. Gabapentin can be very hard to come off and Zoloft as an SSRI is the very last thing I would add since it works activating. I would avoid all of them as well as all other psych meds. They brought us here and there is no way they will lead to recovery. I would give the world to be off of my last med. It is so difficult to do once the cns is so very sensible. Did you try all other Options? Nature, meditation, arts, gardening, pets, etc. ? I hope you can stay strong.

Β 

Pretty much tried all other options. I've also tried many supplements and herbs. What I'm thinking might help is a drug or herb that doesn't help right away but builds up and helps over time. Kind of like a natural antidepressant. Do you know anything like this? There is just so many things to try after you try 50 of them you start to give up

Have you thought about trying CBD? Many people have very good results with it. There is a CBD thread in the support groups section here if you want to inform yourself a bit. I gave it a try after becoming very desperate because of non stop numbness in my face and brain and it really helped. It also helps me falling asleep. Or maybe you could try a small amount of a Vitamin B complex and see If that helps? I am very sensitive to supplements but Vitamin B always helps a bit. What symptoms do you have that you think you cannot handle? Please keep trying. You WILL get better without adding more chamicals. Actually I am convinced you (and all of us) will only really heal if you do not add anything.

Have you thought about trying CBD? Many people have very good results with it. There is a CBD thread in the support groups section here if you want to inform yourself a bit. I gave it a try after becoming very desperate because of non stop numbness in my face and brain and it really helped. It also helps me falling asleep. Or maybe you could try a small amount of a Vitamin B complex and see If that helps? I am very sensitive to supplements but Vitamin B always helps a bit. What symptoms do you have that you think you cannot handle? Please keep trying. You WILL get better without adding more chamicals. Actually I am convinced you (and all of us) will only really heal if you do not add anything.

I have had cbd it was okay but gave me difficultyΒ  breathing. I do not have any symptoms I cannot handle it's just my life isn't really at the point where I want it to be.my body is unstable and never quite relaxed. Sometimes I feel like my heart is gonna stop. I can't digest anything my stomach always feel full and bloated I have trouble breathing ......I can't really enjoy life the way I want to. I would like to be able to travel and go out to eat and live my life to the fullest. Even so I have created probably the best life possible for my condition. I actually have a job that causes zero stress and I have friends who are compassionate and understanding. I live by the water so I can go swim and I go on walks when it's not warm. All things I enjoy.

You are able to work, able to socialize, able to function. I would kill for being able to do any of them. It could be SO much worse, please believe me. And please do yourself a huge favour and do not go on any other drugs. Non of them will bring you joy, happiness or whatever else you ar looking for. Keep doing what you are already doing and letting time pass will! Adding more psych meds would come with such a huge risk to make things so much worse. Don't do that to yourself.

I don't know anything about Seroquel or Zoloft but PLEASE do not take gabapentin. Withdrawal from it is just as bad, if not worse, than benzo withdrawal.

You are able to work, able to socialize, able to function. I would kill for being able to do any of them. It could be SO much worse, please believe me. And please do yourself a huge favour and do not go on any other drugs. Non of them will bring you joy, happiness or whatever else you ar looking for. Keep doing what you are already doing and letting time pass will! Adding more psych meds would come with such a huge risk to make things so much worse. Don't do that to yourself.

[/quote

Β 

After reading the post, I have to agree with neverending79.Β  You are doing well, don't add anything else.Β  Just take your time and get off what you are on now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Zoloft is probably the best of the three. I wouldn’t recommend Seroquel to anyone who is not psychotic. Just my experience.

Β 

Β 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know anything about Seroquel or Zoloft but PLEASE do not take gabapentin. Withdrawal from it is just as bad, if not worse, than benzo withdrawal.

What about gabapentin once or twice a month post benzo w/d?

Β 

Yeah, many stories on BB confirm this. And it causes weight gain. OP, while looking at your sig, I just thought that pdoc could be right about Seroquel... Maybe Zoloft is not such a good idea after all.

Β 

Sigs are really important. Some people just don’t provide enough information in their sigs and then ask about psych meds. We should always read sigs while giving anyone our opinion about psych meds.

Γ—
Γ—