Family ???

[ku...]

Does anyone else get frustrated with family not understanding? I had a horrible panic attack at work today. Im waiting on results from my gi testing i had on friday. No news today and i freaked out after my lunch break. Called a few members of my family and they act like its no big deal. Im just a hypochondriac to them. Its freaking terrifying waiting and not knowing. But they dont even seem to care. They didnt even call back to check on me. Is this selfish on my part?? I know if someone called me id check on them. I dunno im just scared and frustrated atm. My wife even got snippy with me, i feel like im running out of options.

Same for me kurbkrawler.  I'm feeling positive for you re your GI.  I had what looked to be urinary tract infection with all symptoms, but no, all clear.  Wishing you the best kurbkrawler. 

I spoke with someone today who I have listened to interminably over the years about her various illnesses yet when I spoke about what what I'm going through now, I get the disbelieving glare.  Never again. 

I don't tell anyone anymore except if absolutely necessary.  It's only insult added to injury. 

Dee

I don't tell anyone anymore except if absolutely necessary.  It's only insult added to injury. 

Dee

That's exactly what I do, not tell.

I know exactly how you feel.  I don’t get much support from my adult children.  My friends don’t understand and I don’t hear from them to much anymore.  I’m so happy my husband gives me the support I need.

My husband "you're gonna be better in a few months. It's just benzo withdrawl."

Mom: "I guess we all have something wrong with us. I don't sleep good either."

Dad: "I just don't know what to say. I've never heard anything like this but it's probably the benzos"

Daughter (21) "I don't know what you want me to say. I'm tired of talking about it"

Best friend: "when you get off that medicine, you'll be fine. Be positive." 

Thanks guys, i get the same thing from them except my mom. She understands cause shes been on benzos for 20 years. I really hate how they talk about me and laugh about the hypochondria. Its not funny to me at all, i hate this. I havent got my results back. I go Thursday for an ultrasound. Hoping for the best.

Thank you for posting this question.  In addition to my doctors not acknowledging my condition, the reaction and lack of support from my friends and family has been shocking to me. 

I live alone and also feel completely alone with this.  I received more sympathy from a broken ankle, which was nothing compared to this.

I'm beginning to think this type of treatment is common for all people with psych problems rather that physical problems.  Heck, we used to have mental facilities in this country but they've all been shut down.  All those people are now either homeless living in the streets or in prisons.  Mental health is not very well understood and very scary.

Begone, yes it does suck. This country doesnt give a shit about mental health. The spend all our resources on more prisons. As far as the family thing goes, im just not sure how to feel. They act as if im looking for sympathy, ior just looking for attention. Not at all, a little compassion would be nice, i know this sounds mean but i wish i could give it to them just for one day. So they can see what really goes on in my head. And the doctors just give benzos away like candy. And then when you tell them you need  help they treat you like an addict. Its sickening , i hate the asshole that gave me this. Yeah its part my fault for not researching i guess. But they gotta know what this,stuff does too people.

Husband: I don't know what you want to say. I can't do anything about it! it's mind over matter and the things you can't control just let them go.

Those are his favorite words to me!!!

Anyone else: Dumbfounded!!!

I tried giving my friends and family information from BenzoBuddies posts but they disregarded it saying you can find anything on the internet.

Finally, I found this article and it seemed to get a little more attention from my family and friends:

http://benzoinfo.com/2016/10/15/an-open-letter-cardiologist-and-cancer-survivor-speaks-out-on-dangers-of-benzodiazepines-and-her-personal-withdrawal-story/

You may want to show information such as this to them to help them understand.

My family doesn't know. I have been suffering for 2.5 years and my mom and dad have no idea. My sister knows and my Boyfriend because he lives with me.  My mom and Dad live in different states. Luckily I had a large window for a few months I was able to visit them. Now I'm in a wave.