severe symptom, increasing fear

[an...]

Hi Buddies - I posted something pretty similar to this last week, so thank you to those who responded, but as my husband approaches the 1-year-off mark, he is becoming desperately scared of keeping the nose symptoms. It’s been 8 months since he’s been able to use his nose due to numbness. He is terrified that he hasn’t seen any movement at all in it – no windows nor gradual improvement of that specific symptom. He can’t imagine how after tapering for 7 months and then 12 months of healing, he could possibly have a symptom this severe. He doesn’t think others like him (relatively short use of 2.5 years, appropriate taper) keep something this bad for this long. He is sure the severity and lack of change indicates that he will either become protracted or it’s a huge red flag that we’ve overlooked some other problem. Can anyone here help assure him?

I had difficulty breathing thru my nose for several months. I tried not to let it bother me, would just breath thru my mouth

It is gone now.  All of these symptoms resolve themselves with time.

We sure appreciate the spouses and family members and true friends that support us thru this difficult phase in life.

You merit allot of praise for your patience and self sacrificing spirit.

My wife has been a huge support as well, when I was not fit to do much more than drool on myself in bed.

Don't give up. Keep focusing on the small improvements as achievements. Some of us get wiped out more than others by the horrible after effects of these chemicals.

Once the breathing issue is resolved, your husband will start to forget the horror and be able to move on.

Please keep up the good work!

I've had a similar breathing issue. It's so disturbing. It feels as if the oxygen is thinner or like I imagine high altitude breathing being. It's very difficult to describe. Basically it feels like you're not actually breathing. Since it came on I've not been able to exercise or meditate, the two things that were keeping me going. Very tough. Not sure if this is any comfort but in case knowing someone else is struggling with this helps.

We sure appreciate the spouses and family members and true friends that support us thru this difficult phase in life.

You merit allot of praise for your patience and self sacrificing spirit.

My wife has been a huge support as well, when I was not fit to do much more than drool on myself in bed.

Don't give up. Keep focusing on the small improvements as achievements. Some of us get wiped out more than others by the horrible after effects of these chemicals.

Once the breathing issue is resolved, your husband will start to forget the horror and be able to move on.

Please keep up the good work!

You have no idea how much this small encouragement was needed today. Thank you.

I've had a similar breathing issue. It's so disturbing. It feels as if the oxygen is thinner or like I imagine high altitude breathing being. It's very difficult to describe. Basically it feels like you're not actually breathing. Since it came on I've not been able to exercise or meditate, the two things that were keeping me going. Very tough. Not sure if this is any comfort but in case knowing someone else is struggling with this helps.

Yes, that is exactly how his started, somewhere in month 3, I think. It got worse as the numbness increased. And yes, there are so many people recommending breathing exercises for relaxation and he just wants to toss them off a cliff for suggesting it. I just keep telling him it can't be that much longer. Other things have definitely improved, but this one is being stubborn for him.

I have breathing issues like this too, among other things.. The severe anxiety and breathing issues have been my longest symptoms. I jumped about a month before your husband, so he's not alone.