Son struggling to find joy in his life

[Sp...]

My son is struggling every day with severe pain from the withdrawal symptoms from Klonepin.  (headaches, abdominal, back (low-mid), neck/jaw, kidney, gall bladder, liver pain)  The pain seems to be concentrated above the waist.  Is there any messaging that someone could share that has helped your situation as you go through the withdrawal process?  It has been approximately 8 mos. since he stopped taking the drug.  Any positive feedback would be appreciated.

My son is struggling every day with severe pain from the withdrawal symptoms from Klonepin.  (headaches, abdominal, back (low-mid), neck/jaw, kidney, gall bladder, liver pain)  The pain seems to be concentrated above the waist.  Is there any messaging that someone could share that has helped your situation as you go through the withdrawal process?  It has been approximately 8 mos. since he stopped taking the drug.  Any positive feedback would be appreciated.

You obviously care enough about your son to reach out here.  Above all else, I think sincere caring and kindness is most helpful as unfortunately, only time can heal some of this suffering.   

• 2 months later...

Joy cannot be found it must be made.

Joy is not sitting under a large heavy stone.

Only by moving the stone inch by inch does one find joy.

Joy was the work in removing the stone.

If one looks to blistered hands, an aching body, muscles trembling with exhaustion,

And only sees an empty hole how can they feel joy?

If on the other hand, they sit in contemplative repose and think of the strength gained by moving removing that obstacle,

And sees an open space large enough to build a foundation in. And that fills them with the desire to build after the the stone.

They have joy.

Peace, hope, & courage,

Eutychus